Being brave could require a lot of hard work and a lot of consistency. But as much as it takes from you, it gives you a lot more.
Having courage and taking risks lead to the most beautiful journeys of life. You can’t expect your creativity to shine if you don’t have the guts to outdo yourself.
These amazing sayings are written by successful people who had the courage to leave their mark on the world.
These courage quotes motivate everyone to never lose hope and keep on working for what they aspire. So, give them a read, and share them with people who need a boost of inspiration.
The best courage quotes
- “Courage is found in unlikely places.” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts” – Winston S. Churchill.
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt.
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear-not absence of fear” – Mark Twain.
- “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.” – John A. Shedd.
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings.
- “Scared is what you’re feeling. Brave is what you’re doing.” – Courage quote of Emma Donoghue.
- “Be brave to stand for what you believe in even if you stand alone.” – Roy T. Bennett.
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu.
- “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – K. Rowling.
- “Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.” – Roy T. Bennett.
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself” – Shannon L. Alder.
“Courage is found in unlikely places.” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
People usually associate courage with something bright and enlightening…. But, courage is found in the most unexpected places, as suggested by this quote.
You might find the strongest of heroism in a poor man’s home who is fighting to make both ends meet.
Moreover, you will also find the grit to succeed in a person who has faced failures many times.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill.
Success takes a lot more than people can even imagine. This text describes how courage is important to continue striving for the best in your life.
Even after you achieve the desired success, you must continue to keep on working for more. Success is not the end and it does not determine the extent of your growth.
Keep on challenging your potential more and more. You will encounter failures, but as they say, failures are just the stepping stones towards success.
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt.
A strong belief is so powerful that it can move mountains. As soon as you start believing in your capabilities you have conquered half your task.
The author, who was also the United States president, has time and again drafted his life mottos into powerful quotes.
Of which, this courage quote is a great example. It inspires everyone never to lose hope and keep the will power strong.
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.” -John A. Shedd.
As this courage quote suggests, a person cannot achieve his goals if he keeps on doing nothing for them.
Outstanding achievements can only be made when a person goes out of his comfort zone to accomplish big tasks.
People who prefer to stay in the safe zone, often miss out on the excellent opportunities that life throws towards them. A person must push himself so that he can have extraordinary experiences in life.
“Scared is what you’re feeling. Brave is what you’re doing.” – Emma Donoghue.
Although any person would be badly scared to see a difficult task in front of his eyes. But even in such circumstances, he exhibits courage when he faces all the odds anyway.
Being scared is temporary as it is just a feeling. Just a dark cloud that comes and goes. But being brave is like sun rays which remove the temporary darkness and give hope.
This courage quote says that you can accomplish all hardships if you’re brave enough. Also it’s the best encourage word for men.
“Be brave to stand for what you believe in even if you stand alone.” -Roy T. Bennett
Standing for your beliefs and ideals takes a lot of courage and confidence. It should be taken into consideration that not everyone can do that. Likewise, you can be the only one backing up your beliefs.
But the people who cross all these hurdles are real winners. Only a strong person can be brave enough to be stand up for his beliefs and be consistent.
This courage quote is dedicated to all such amazing people.
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
Being loved by someone is a beautiful feeling, as this quote hints. It’s just profoundly strengthening when someone loves everything about you and makes you feel special.
On the other hand, loving someone can take a lot of courage. There can be instances when the person you love won’t reciprocate your feelings.
You might also face rejection. And a strong and courageous heart is what you need to help you through that time.
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – J.K. Rowling quote.
It can be devastating for people to go against their friends. Going against enemies does require a lot of courage and preparation but going against friends can be even worse.
J.K. Rowling is best known for the Harry Potter series in which she has beautifully portrayed the friendship between the lead characters.
She has indeed rightfully described the dilemma one faces while opposing their friends.
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings.
Many a time, people forget what their real ambitions and dreams are. They just get carried away with time.
It takes up a lot of audacity to face the truth and grow up to embrace your true identity.
People who do not get blinded by what is imposed on them are really courageous. It takes a lot of effort to be the real you and it must be appreciated.
This amazing courage message motivates you to follow your dream.
“Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.” – Roy T. Bennett.
Nothing can be more comforting than a quote that hypes up your spirits. Everyone looks up to a little bit of appreciation from others.
Providing validation to someone can be helpful for that person’s growth. If you want to make someone feel a good cheer, then you can definitely send them this awesome courage quote.
This surely will make them feel much more confident about their capabilities.
Spiritual courage quotes that inspire yourself
A person who wants to curate an excellent life for himself must also be courageous enough to take on the challenges of life. There are times when even the most intelligent people lag behind because of a lack of confidence and motivation.
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel.
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because, without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” – Maya Angelou courage quotes.
- “Bran thought about it. ‘Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?'”.
- “‘That is the only time a man can be brave,’ his father told him.” – George R.R. Martin.
- “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – William Faulkner.
- “Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it.” – C. JoyBell C.
- “Everyone has talent. What’s rare is the courage to follow it to the dark places where it leads.” – Erica Jong.
- “Live the Life of Your Dreams: Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others.” – Roy T. Bennett.
- “There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.” – Jane Austen.
“One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder.
One cannot bloom and become a truly successful person if he becomes what others want him to be. To live a regret-free life, a person must always focus on being his genuine self.
True happiness lies in doing what you want to do and never lose courage. Others might force you to act their way. But if you want to gain true happiness, then you should definitely follow what this quote says.
- “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou.
- “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” – Rumi.
- “All happiness depends on courage and work.” – Honoré de Balzac.
- “With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.” – Margaret Mitchell.
- “Freedom lies in being bold” – Robert Frost.
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte.
- “It’s your life; you don’t need someone’s permission to live the life you want. Be brave to live from your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett.
- “Courage is grace under pressure.” – Ernest Hemingway.
- “A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.” – Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching.
Checkout more courage quotes from famous people
- “The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage” – Carrie Jones
- “So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Real courage is when you know you’re licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what” – Harper Lee
- “Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Without fear, there cannot be courage” – Christopher Paolini
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “The strongest people find the courage and caring to help others, even if they are going through their own storm.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “If you want to rebel from inside the system. That’s much more powerful than rebelling outside the system” – Marie Lu
- “To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.” – Criss Jami
- “One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.” – Michael J. Fox.
“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear-not absence of fear.” –Mark Twain’s quote.
The author, Mark Twain’s main concern while writing this quote was that to gain courage one must first have fear of something. This is indeed a thoughtful phrase and makes us realize that absence of fear is not practical.
If we are courageous, then we have conquered our fears or learned to deal with them. We can’t expect ourselves to have bravery if we don’t fear anything.
- “Courage is feeling fear, not getting rid of fear, and taking action in the face of fear.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.” – Mark Twain
- “It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “It takes strength and courage to admit the truth” – Rick Riordan
- “Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don’t be afraid.” – Frederick Buechner
- “What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Before I knew you, I thought brave was not being afraid. You’ve taught me that bravery is being terrified and doing it anyway.” – Laurell K. Hamilton
- “It takes courage…to endure the sharp pains of self-discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives1” – Marianne Williamson
- “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne
- “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” – Dr. Roopleen
These courage quotes can prove to be very helpful for people who need a little push to hustle for the best.
Send these amazing to your friends and people you love for inspiring and motivating them. And make these sayings the guiding force of your life. Trust me, and you will never fail.