JK Rowling is a famous face in the child fantasy world. She has ruled many little hearts with her Harry Potter series.
And, now here we have some amazing famous quotes by JK Rowling that are surely going to win many more hearts. These JK Rowling quotes are in all aspects the amalgamation of truth, self-love, success, and much more.
These amazing sayings motivate everyone to never lose hope and keep on striving for the best.
JK Rowling quotes most wanted
- “As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.”
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.”
- “The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive.”
- “I pay a lot of tax, and I feel, one of the reasons I stay and pay why I’m not based in Monaco… I think my country helped me.”
- “Are you the sort of person who gloats when they see a woman fall or the kind that celebrates a magnificent recovery?”
- “I am proud of having done what I’ve done. Very proud.”
- “You will never truly know yourself, or the strength of your relationships until both have been tested by adversity.”
- “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
- “Life is difficult and complicated, and beyond anyone’s total control, and the humility to know that will enable you to survive its vicissitudes.”
- “Whatever money you might have, self-worth really lies in finding out what you do best.”
“As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.” – JK Rowling
Life is not measured in quantitative terms but rather in qualitative terms. JK Rowling has for sure outdone herself with this quote.
If we think of a tale, a story, it leaves a mark on our hearts only because of its good content and not the length. In a similar way, a person’s life is determined not by the ages, but by the virtues.
In other words, life is not calculated in how many years you live but in how much you live in those years.
“It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.”
This JK Rowling Quote is all about preaching the beauty of failures. Life should be lived to the fullest and no failure should come in your way.
It should be understood that success and failure both are the part and parcel of life. For sure, you can avoid defeats in your life, but that would not be very beneficial for your growth.
In order to excel in everything and be the best version of yourself, failures are crucial.
“The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive.”
There is a very popular and powerful saying that failures are stepping stones to success. After each collapse, a person pops up much more secure and confident.
If a person makes 100 mistakes at a task, then along with the failure he also learns 100 ways which he should avoid while accomplishing that task.
It can indeed be said that this JK Rowling quote is an intense and well-defined piece of advice to be treasured. If any person makes this phrase his life motto, success would become fool-proof.
“I pay a lot of tax, and I feel, one of the reasons I stay and pay why I’m not based in Monaco… I think my country helped me.” – JK Rowling.
We can definitely say that JK Rowling is one of the most charitable authors to have existed. Coming of British descent and staying in the UK, she could have easily left the country because of the high taxation there.
On the contrary, she did not leave the UK and didn’t settle in a place like Monaco where there is little taxation. The main reason why she chose to pay high taxes over migrating is that she believes her country helped her rose to fame.
This quote really tells us a lot about JK Rowling as the person she is.
“I am proud of having done what I’ve done. Very proud.” – JK Rowling
Everybody who has followed up on the life of JK Rowling knows her story from rags to riches. This JK Rowling quote is, in all aspects a summarization of her beautiful story.
If you have gone through a similar path then you would definitely know what this amazing quote depicts.
Taking pride in all the failures and obstacles of life is a sign of a fighting spirit. Everyone who has overcome their obstacles should be really proud of himself.
“Are you the sort of person who gloats when they see a woman fall or the kind that celebrates a magnificent recovery?”
There are some men who feel that women are inferior to them. Such people laugh at the sight of a woman’s failure.
On the other hand, there are some men who celebrate a woman standing tall and proud, as suggested by this quote. Gender equality has always been widely talked about.
This JK Rowling Quote can also be seen as the author’s life story. She was a female author in a male-centric world. And so, she had seen biasness from a very early stage in life.
“You will never truly know yourself, or the strength of your relationships until both have been tested by adversity.”
Tough times test your patience and capabilities. You can only truly understand your powers when you face difficulties in your life. During bad times, you can easily test who will stay close to you and help you.
It is rightfully said in this quote that hardships prepare you for all adversities. You get to know more about yourself and the people you love.
“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – JK Rowling
This is one of the most famous quotes of the author, JK Rowling. It is said that abilities decide the core values of a person. Moreover, you can easily judge a person if you get to know about his abilities.
But, is it all that matters? Probably not. A person’s abilities decide his character but his choices are what show how a person truly is. It tells us more deeply about the psyche of a human being.
“Life is difficult and complicated, and beyond anyone’s total control, and the humility to know that will enable you to survive its vicissitudes.”
Life is full of ups and downs. Most of the time the changes that occur in life leave us in difficult situations. Life can be very stressful and trying at times.
And, this JK Rowling quote inspires everyone to never lose hope. Life is tricky and needs a lot of patience and modesty to survive all the hardships. It takes a lot of strength to bear all the vicissitudes of life.
“Whatever money you might have, self-worth really lies in finding out what you do best.”
This quote is the epitome of the essence of life. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself in spite of all your worldly achievements, whether more or less.
Self-worth is determined by you only, your position or status cannot determine how much you can or you will conquer. The author, JK Rowling has very finely described the beauty of self-worth.
JK Rowling quotes about life
All these quotes are just the right motivation that a person needs to attain success. Not only are these JK Rowling Quotes powerful, but they are also relatable as well.
A quick read of these sayings is a must when you’re feeling low. These quotes are indeed the best ones to help you feel cheerful.
- “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” – JK Rowling
- “Failure meant a stripping away of the inessential.”
- “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – JK Rowling
- “I believe in free will. Of those that, like us, are in a privileged situation at least. For you, for me: people who are living in western society, people who are not repressed, who are free. We can choose. The things go largely like you want them to go. You control your own life. Your own will is extremely powerful.”
- “I have never been remotely ashamed of having been depressed. Never. What’s to be ashamed of? I went through a really rough time and I am quite proud that I got out of that.” – JK Rowling
- “Is ‘fat’ really the worst thing a human being can be? Is ‘fat’ worse than ‘vindictive’, ‘jealous’, ‘shallow’, ‘vain’, ‘boring’ or ‘cruel’? Not to me.”
- “I don’t think there’s any harm at all in allowing a kid to fantasize. In fact, I think to stop people from fantasizing is a very destructive thing indeed.”
- “If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
- “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – JK Rowling.
- “I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”
- “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” – JK Rowling
- “Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.”
- “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.”
- “Hearing voices no one else can hear isn’t a good sign, even in the wizarding world.”
- “The most important thing is to read as much as you can like I did. It will give you an understanding of what makes good writing and it will enlarge your vocabulary.”
- “The moment you are old enough to take the wheel, the responsibility lies with you.”
- “I would like to be remembered as someone who did the best she could with the talent she had.”
- “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – JK Rowling quotes.
- “Never be ashamed! There’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth bothering with.”
- “Why do I talk about the benefits of failure? Simply because failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me.”
More inspirational JK Rowling quotes
- “What’s coming will come and we’ll just have to meet it when it does.”
- “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” – JK Rowling
- “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
- “Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”
- “The internet has been a boon and a curse for teenagers.” – JK Rowling
- “And the idea of just wandering off to a cafe with a notebook and writing and seeing where that takes me for a while is just bliss.”
- “The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and must therefore be treated with great caution.”
- “Death is just life’s next big adventure.” – short quotes about life from JK Rowling.
- “I sometimes have a tendency to walk on the dark side.”
- “Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.”
- “I think you have a moral responsibility when you’ve been given far more than you need, to do wise things with it and give intelligently.” – JK Rowling
- “Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.”
- “Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.” – JK Rowling
- “Talent and intelligence never yet inoculated anyone against the caprice of the fates.”
- “I really don’t believe in magic.” – Funny JK Rowling quote.
- “There are some things you can’t share without ending up liking each other.”
- “Of all the subjects on this planet, I think my parents would have been hard put to name one less useful than Greek mythology to securing the keys to an executive bathroom.”
- “Harry Potter gave me back self-respect. Harry gave me a job to do that I loved more than anything else.”
- “The poor are discussed as this homogeneous mash, like porridge. The idea that they might be individuals, and be where they are for very different, diverse reasons, again seems to escape some people.”
Every day deserves to be the best day of your life if you make it so. These quotes inspire you to live your life to the fullest and not back off because of failures.
These quotes from JK Rowling are definitely all that we need to motivate ourselves to work for our dreams.