Undoubtedly, when you look at daisies, you cannot help but admire the innocence and purity of the cute white flowers. Hence, daisy quotes can definitely come in handy when you are looking for words to praise the innocence of your loved ones.
Moreover, a daisy symbolizes new beginnings and freshness, making it a perfect gift to give to your loved ones. After all, who wouldn’t want to start their day with a gorgeous bunch of these white beauties?
Not many know that daisies are also called “day’s eyes” because their petals close over their yellow disc in the night. And re-opens in the morning, marking their uniqueness among all other flowers.
Different shades of daisies carry different meanings. Such as, a blue daisy means openness, a yellow one propagates friendship and a purple daisy represents success.
Also, if you are a bookworm, you might love our book quotes that are curated just for you.
“Daisies, simple and sweet. Daisies are the way to win my heart.” ― Patrick Rothfuss
“Daisies are perennials; they always grow back.” ― A.C. Williams
“Buttercups and daisies, Oh, the pretty flowers.” -Mary Howitt.
“Comes the little daisy, blooming fresh and fair,
Springing bright and joyous in the morning air.” -T F Seward
“They are the little daisies white
That dot the meadow of the Night.” -Frank Dempster Sherman.
“Stars are the daisies that begem
The blue fields of the sky.” -David Macbeth Moir
“The daisy is fair, the day-lily rare,
The bud of the rose as sweet as it’s bonnie.” -James Hogg.
Daisy Quotes From Poems And Book
“Daisies standing in the rain,
Hold their heads together,
But they never once complain
Of the drenching weather.” -Annette Wynne.
- “I got daisies. In green pastures.” -Ira Gershwin.
- “The daisy, by the shadow that it casts,
Protects the lingering dewdrop from the sun.” -William Wordsworth.
- “And you never wear in your shining hair,
A richer flower than daisies.” – Phoebe Cary.
- “The Daisy follows soft the Sun. And when his golden walk is done.” -Emily Dickinson.
- “Now Nature hangs her mantle green
On every blooming tree,
- And spreads her sheets o’daisies white
Out o’er the grassy lea.” -Robert Burns.
- “A voice of greeting from the wind was sent;
The mists enfolded me with soft white arms.” -Richard Henry Stoddard.
- “That of all the floures in the mede,
Thanne love I most these floures white and red,
Suche as men callen daysyes in her toune.” -Geoffrey Chaucer.
- “Underneath large blue-bells tented
Where the daisies are rose-scented,
And the rose herself has got
Perfume which on earth is not.” -John Keats.
- “Over the shoulders and slopes of the dune I saw the white daisies go down to the sea.” -Bliss Carman.
- “There’s no dew left on the daisies and clover; there’s no rain left in heaven.” –Jean Ingelow.
- “I keep stars in my pockets wear daisies in my hair but I tuck you tenderly in the folds of my heart and take you everywhere.” ― Melody Lee
- “The night was so very still that one should have been able to hear the whisper of roses in blossom—the laughter of daisies—the piping of grasses—many sweet sounds, all tangled up together. The beauty of moonlight on familiar fields irradiated the world.” ― L.M. Montgomery
- “She wanted to tackle him and roll around in him like a cat in a field of daisies” ― Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl
Daisy Saying by Famous
“Daisies are like sunshine to the ground.” – Drew Barrymore.
- “Look out! He’s got a daisy!” -Terry Pratchett.
- “You know, the original Daisy, Catherine Bach’s shorts were shorter than mine.” – Jessica Simpson.
- “You have to decide if you’re going to wilt like a daisy or if you’re just going to go forward and live the life that you’ve been granted.” – Kevin Costner.
- “They’re so friendly. Don’t you think daisies are the friendliest flower?” -Kathleen Kelly , ‘You’ve Got Mail’ (1998).
- “You never know when you’re going to have to make a daisy chain.” – Mikey Madison.
- “I’m like Ferdinand the bull, sniffing the daisy, not aware of time, of what’s going on in the real world.” – Richard Gere.
- “If I had my life to live over, I’d pick more daisies.” – Don Herold.
- “I don’t know whether this is the best of times or the worst of times, but I assure you it’s the only time you’ve got. You can either sit on your expletive deleted or pick a daisy.” – Art Buchwald.
Inspirational Daisy Quotes
“Always have something beautiful insight, even if it’s just a daisy in a jelly glass.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Where innocent bright-eyes daisies are With blades of grass between, Each daisy stands up like a star Out of a sky of green.” – Christina Rossetti
- “The pyramids of Egypt will not last a moment compared to the daisy.”- D. H. Lawrence.
- “One can get just as much exultation in losing oneself in a little thing as in a big thing. It is nice to think how one can be recklessly lost in a daisy!” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
- “Be careful of words, they can be both daisies and bruises.”- Anne Sexton.
- “Patience stoutly resists pulling up the daisies to see how the roots are doing!” – Neal A. Maxwell.
- “It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike; it may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never gotten tired of making them.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton.
- “The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.” – Therese of Lisieux
- “In nature everything is valuable, everything has its place. The rose, the daisy, the lark, the squirrel, each is different but beautiful. Each has its own expression. Each flower its’ own fragrance. Each bird its’ own song. So you too have your own unique melody.” – Diane Dreher
- “Tread Lightly, she is near Under the snow, Speak gently, she can hear The daisies grow.” – Oscar Wilde
Daisy quotes have always assisted poets in glorifying love and beauty in their art pieces. But one must not get fooled by the tender looks of this flower. The daisies are as tough as they are attractive. Likewise, they can survive almost any environment, making them one of the most common flowers worldwide.
If you love reading such fun facts about flora, then you should definitely check out our flower quotes as well. Surely, you must be feeling “fresh as a daisy” after going through our collection of handpicked quotes. And if you did, why not share it with your close ones!