Failure is inevitable on our way to the dream future. What matters is the way we look at failure – will we consider it a knock-out or just a step back to go further?
We can learn the right attitude towards failure through various failure quotes. These quotes come from people who achieved what they have now by falling and bouncing back many times.
They contain experience, wisdom, and inspiration. They teach us how to deal with loss and disappointment, how to keep our heads high and keep looking forward.
You may also like these similar quotes:
Quotes about failure with image
Mentally strong people consider failure is not as a real outcome, but rather a state of mind.
The “failure” mindset only happens when we decide to give up after a hard fall. Even if we make mistakes here and there, they can still serve as chances to reflect and keep moving on.
But once we give up, there is no chance to get anything we want anymore.
- “Failure is an attitude, not an outcome.” – Harvey MacKay
- “Failure is success in progress.” – Albert Einstein
- “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” – Barack Obama
- “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.” – Buddha
- “Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.” – Charlie Chaplin
We sure will stumble sometimes on our way, so there is no use to worry about it. If we keep thinking about how to avoid failure, we will eventually try to avoid chances too.
It is easier to just stay in our comfort zone and ensure we will not face failures. But then we will miss many opportunities to explore this life and achieve big things – what we truly want.
- “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
- “No man is defeated without until he has first been defeated within.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “In any case, you must not confuse a single failure with a final defeat.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “My reputation grows with every failure.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Failure is simply an opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
Failure quotes shift our attention from the negativity to the positivity of the failures.
Apparently, no one wants to fail, but only those who dare to make big mistakes can learn the most from them.
They can achieve greatly not because they are fearless, but because their big dreams motivate them.
Big dreams require greater guts to try crazy things, fail miserably and reach the height that no one else can get.
- “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I built my life.” – J.K. Rowling
- “The phoenix must burn to emerge.” – Janet Finch
- “Without failure, there is no achievement.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Victory has a hundred fathers, but failure is an orphan.” – John F. Kennedy
When we fail, we tend to listen to other people and think of ourselves as losers. It is easy for anyone who makes mistakes fall into the negativity trap.
But remember: as long as we live and dream, we will fail. You are the one who control your destiny and decide how to deal with mistakes and failures.
Mistakes do not define who you are, but your attitude will define who you will be.
- “You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.” – Maxwell Maltz
- “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
- “Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Mistakes are the portals of discovery.” – James Joyce
- “You should become a connoisseur of your own mistakes, turning them over in your mind as if they were works of art, which in a way they are.” – Daniel Dennett
Failure motivational quotes
The common mindset is that we tend to be very happy about success and very sad about failure.
But failure quotes show us the truth: both success and failure are not extreme and do not last forever. Once we succeed, we should aim for another goal and achievement in the future.
Similarly, we can always bounce back from a failure, no matter how big it may seem.
- “Success isn’t permanent and failure isn’t fatal.” – Mike Ditka
- “All my successes have been built on my failures.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Failure is success if we learn from it.” – Malcolm Forbes
- “You always pass failure on the way to success.” – Mickey Rooney
- “Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.” – Confucius
There is no success without failure on the way. In fact, the greater you dream, the bigger your failure will be.
The most ambitious and inspirational people know that they need to fall miserably to rise to an unprecedented height.
That is why their success can lead to the greatest changes and motivate a lot of other people. So do not fear to make a mistake; the bigger it is, the more you learn and can achieve.
- “Make new mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before.” – Neil Gaiman
- “When you fail to prepare, you’re preparing to fail.” – John Wooden
- “You have to be able to accept failure to get better.” – LeBron James quote.
- “Sport and life are about losing. It’s about understanding how to lose.” – Lynn Davies
- “First principle: never to let one’s self be beaten down by persons or by events.” – Marie Curie
Failing is never a pleasant feeling, and even failure quotes admit that failing is hard. But failing and making mistakes is the only way we can go out of our comfort zone and gain big things.
It is hard, but regret is harder. When you think of the chances you do not grab because of fear, that feeling will be much worse.
If you take the risk, even if you fail, you can still be proud of yourself.
- “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
- “Failure is an important part of your growth… Don’t be afraid to fail.” – Michelle Obama
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
- “I don’t believe in failure. It is not a failure if you enjoyed the process.” – Oprah Winfrey
Short Failure Quotes
The most successful people in the world are normally the ones who make the most mistakes. One of the greatest examples of dealing with failure is Thomas Edison.
Being the most famous inventor of all time, he had to face several failures before any success. But even after 10.000 times of experimenting and failing, he did not give up.
That kind of persistence and positivity is what drives the whole world to the present and future.
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.” – Ralph Ellison
- “There is no failure. Only feedback.” – Robert Allen
- “A minute’s success pays the failure of years.” – Robert Browning
- “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
Failure is a part of the road to success, which, if used wisely, can help us to take a leap. Why is that?
Because with every mistake we make, we learn tons of lessons about what we should and should not do. Bigger failures contain bigger lessons about success.
The deeper we fall, the bigger chance we will remember it and never make the same mistake again.
- “The bigger the failure, the greater the lesson.”
- “The cost of failure is…learning.” – Neil Strauss
- “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
- “Apprentice yourself in failure.” – Robert Greene
- “Don’t think of it as a failure. Think of it as time-released success.” – Robert Orben
What are the differences between successful people and others? Among all the factors that you can come up with, attitude is the core element.
No matter how you imagine them, successful people also have to deal with obstacles and hard times.
What separates them from the rest is that they have the right attitude to cope with failures. With determination and constant belief, failure to them is just a form of unfinished success.
- “Attitude is the essence of failure or success.”
- “Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” – Samuel Beckett
- “Sometimes life’s going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.” – Steve Jobs
- “Success is usually the culmination of controlling failure.” – Sylvester Stallone
We all hate failures but we all have to deal with them. They are important in our life – the inevitable factor that can knock us down or help us make a breakthrough.
We can worry about making mistakes, thus avoid any chances and refuse to take steps forwards. Or, we can embrace failures, considering them as learning opportunities and what we need to succeed later.
The choice is ours, and it all depends on our attitude. Wise and motivational failure quotes can help us to have the right attitude that can lead to a better future.
Coming from successful people, they are proofs that we can turn failure into our ally. Failure does not need to be unpleasant if we can keep an open eye and positive mind about every fall and mistake.