While in business, daily affirmations go a long way in boosting your morale and providing you with the necessary motivation. It can become a lot easier with our outstanding collection of business quotes.
Work is much more than an opportunity to earn a paycheck. It is a form of liberation. Perhaps, it is the only way to express emotions for many.
Some diligent workers try to go few extra miles to take their business to the top. Surely, they can make use of these hard work quotes to get that extra little push of motivation. After all, changing the world requires a ton of dedication, persistence, and a great attitude too.
Having passion is a must to sustain in business and we are sure that these Business quotes would ignite the necessary passion in you. Undoubtedly, this will help all the go-getters fight for the success that they deserve.
Best Business Quotes
- “If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” – Zig Ziglar, Author, Salesman, and motivational speaker.
- “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” – Dave Thomas, Founder of Wendy’s
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”-John D. Rockefeller, American oil industry business magnate
- “The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” – Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft
- “Don’t worry about funding if you don’t need it. Today it’s cheaper to start a business than ever.” – Noah Everett, founder of Twitpic.
“Always deliver more than expected.” – Larry Page.
The one who aims to provide quality can never fail. When you deliver more than expected, you earn more than expected, too. You receive more appreciation, and people instill a never-deterring faith in you. Whereas, delivering less than what was promised can lead you towards failure.
Surely, disappointing the customers is the biggest mistake that one can commit while soaring your business. Your underperformance might make them uninterested in you. That would be the last thing you would desire.
“The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” – Thomas Edison
It is not exceedingly difficult to come up with creative ideas nowadays. There is a ton of projections floating all around you. Although there is no lack of creativity in the world, it is all worthless if no one takes out something valuable from the compositions.
An idea only reaps benefit when it is put up for good use. Just sitting around would not help anything. Brainstorming through the ideas and building them up is a must to attain success.
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
- “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” – Harry Golden
- “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh
- “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “Every time we launch a feature, people yell at us.” – Angelo Sotira, co-founder of deviantART
- “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new.” – Socrates, father of Western philosophy
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States
- “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” – Anthony Volodkin, founder of Hype Machine
- “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” – Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn
- “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” – Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc.
- “Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you.” – Mark Cuban
- “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” – Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook
- “If you define yourself by how you differ from the competition, you’re probably in trouble.” – Omar Hamoui, co-founder of AdMob
- “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” – Lisa Stone
- “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” – Josh James
- “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance
“It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
Failure is surely an inevitable part of business life. It only makes you stronger to endure the upcoming challenges that life throws at you.
Sometimes, great men become too absorbed in celebrating their victory and do not pay much attention to their failures. If you do not reflect on your mistakes that led to the failure, you will never be able to learn some valuable lessons. Your analysis of failure will help you be prepared for future hurdles.
We also have Failure quotes for you to read.
- “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” – Jason Fried, 37signals founder and co-author of Rework
- “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” – Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder
- “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” – Ingvar Kamprad, founder of IKEA
- “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” – Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc.
- “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good.” – Paul Rand, Graphic Designer
- “Always think outside the box and embrace opportunities that appear, wherever they might be.” – Lakshmi Mittal, Chairman & CEO of ArcelorMittal
- “Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” – Jeffrey Zeldman, entrepreneur and web designer
“You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” – Larry Page
Sometimes, all it takes is a moment of silent introspection to provoke that one belief that can change everything for you. You are the only person that you will be needing to climb up the feat ladder.
There is no need for elaborate team discussions or expansive procedures for that idea to click your brain. Moreover, you will not always have people beside you. In the end, it going to be only you, for you, as suggested by this business quote.
- “The last 10% it takes to launch something takes as much energy as the first 90%.” – Rob Kalin, founder of Etsy
- “Best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.” – Michael Arrington, founder and co-editor of TechCrunch
- “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” – Guy Kawasaki, entrepreneur and co-founder of Alltop
- “An entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create.” – David Karp
- “Get a mentor in the applicable field if you’re at all unsure of what you’re looking for.” – Kyle Bragger, founder of Forrst, and co-founder of Exposure
- “Every day that we spent not improving our products was a wasted day.” – Joel Spolsky, co-founder of Stack Overflow
- “Anything that is measured and watched, improves.” – Bob Parsons, founder of GoDaddy
- “Stay self-funded as long as possible.” – Garrett Camp, founder of Expa, Uber, and StumbleUpon
- “Don’t play games that you don’t understand, even if you see lots of other people making money from them.” – Tony Hsieh
- “Human beings have an innate inner drive to be autonomous, self-determined and connected to one another. And, when that drive is liberated, people achieve more and live richer lives.” – Daniel Pink
- “Fortunes are built during the down market and collected in the upmarket.” – Jason Calacanis
- “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.” – Jason Cohen
- “You can’t make anything viral, but you can make something good.” – Peter Shankman, founder of HARO
- “I try not to make any decisions that I’m not excited about.” – Jake Nickell
- “See things in the present, even if they are in the future.” – Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle
- “Ideas are commodities. Execution of them is not.” – Michael Dell
- “All humans are entrepreneurs not because they should start companies but because the will to create is encoded in human DNA.” – Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn
- “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.” – Steve Case, co-founder of AOL
- “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” – Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
- “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman
- “Don’t be cocky. Don’t be flashy. There’s always someone better than you.” – Tony Hsieh
- “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” – Benjamin Franklin, a Founding Father of the United States
- “A person who is quietly confident makes the best leader.” – Fred Wilson
- “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” – Howard Schultz
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney, founder of the Disney Brother Studio and Disneyland
- “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” – Stephen Hawking, English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author
- “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.’” – Tom Preston-Werner
- “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” ― Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
- “You Are Never Too Old To Set Another Goal Or To Dream A New Dream.” – C.S. Lewis, British writer
- “Lean forward into your life. Begin each day as if it were on purpose.” ―Mary Anne Radmacher
Business Motivational Quotes
“I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
It is impossible to halt the progress of a person who is focused to conquer his dreams. Working hard for your desires takes you a step nearer to your goals. This motivating business quote screams that success is not just the result of greatness.
Rather, it requires consistency, smart work, and diligent efforts to fulfill your aim. You cannot just sit back and dream that you have won. Indeed, you must sweat it out and work to bring out the results.
Read more: Following your dream quotes.
- “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” – Tony Robbins, life and business strategist, and author
- “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” – Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
- “I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.” – Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder
- “If you can’t fly then run. If you can’t run, then walk. And, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr., leader of the civil rights movement
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States
- “We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”– Samuel Beckett
- work helps to turn dreams into reality. These top quotes about working hard will help you get the job done.
- “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” – Caterina Fake, Flickr co-founder
- “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father and President of the United States
- “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coelho
- “A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
- “No great achiever – even those who made it seem easy – ever succeeded without hard work.” – Jonathan Sacks
- “There is no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor.
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth, American professional baseball player
- “Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give – with a few exceptions – generalize whatever they did. Don’t over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work.” – Ben Silbermann,
“Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh
An insightful vision holds the capacity to take any person from rags to riches. If you want to earn fame and fortune, then you must be passionate about your vision. Unquestionably, money is especially important. But making your concept the primary goal can help you in achieving success by providing bold and quick results.
Moreover, it slowly and gradually helps you earn the prosperity that you truly deserve. Your thirst to bring change can do wonders for your career.
- “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” – Arianna Huffington, president of The Huffington Post Media Group
- “If you can push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.” – Marissa Mayer
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine, author
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey, American educator, author, and businessman
- “The Ultimate Measure Of A Man Is Not Where He Stands In Moments Of Comfort And Convenience, But Where He Stands At Times Of Challenge And Controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Life’s Challenges Are Not Supposed To Paralyze You, They’re Supposed To Help You Discover Who You Are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
- “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” – Ray Goforth
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville, American novelist
- “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group
- “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” – Jeff Bezos
- “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.” – Seth Godin, author, entrepreneur, and blogger
- “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” – Drew Houston
- “Failure Will Never Overtake Me If My Determination To Succeed Is Strong Enough.” – Og Mandino, American author
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
Business Quotes of the day inspire you the most
“The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” – Harry Golden
Luck and hard work are two aspects that cannot be divorced from each other. Surely, luck plays a big role in a win or lose. But you do need to work hard if you want your success to sustain.
This hard work quote teaches that even if the tides are against you, your vitality and determination can encourage you to sail across the blues. Hard work is necessary to overcome your bad luck as well as to capitalize on good luck.
Check more similar sayings at courage quotes to keep you motivated.
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb, author
- “Someday is not a day of the week.” – Janet Dailey, author
- “Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden, American basketball player
- “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” – Aristotle
- “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.” – Stephen Hawking
- “The accident is your training. Life is a choice. You can choose to be a victim or anything else you’d like to be.” – Socrates
- “In this lifetime, you don’t have to prove nothing to nobody, except yourself. And after what you’ve gone through if you haven’t done that by now, it ain’t gonna never happen.” – Fortune
- It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. – Jimmy Dugan
- “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.” – Eames, Inception
- “Find a truly original idea. It is the only way I will ever distinguish myself. It is the only way I will ever matter.” – John Nash, A Beautiful Mind
- “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
- “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” -H. Jackson Brown Jr., American author
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t – you’re right.” – Henry Ford
Our minds have such great potential that many of us do not even know. Undoubtedly, our thoughts shape and guide our perception of the world. If you think that you can achieve something, then no power in the world can stop you from doing so.
Likewise, if you fear taking a leap, then you can never accomplish your desired dreams. Our brain holds so much power that it can create pathways for us to walk towards success.
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
- “You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Sam Levenson, American humorist
- “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.“ – Robert Downey Jr., American actor
- ”Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” – Rocky, Rocky Balboa
- “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort, Wolf of the Wall Street
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Gandalf, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – Vito Corleone, The Godfather
- “Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.” – Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
- “Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Alfred
- “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris
- “After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.” – Shrek
- “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” – Benjamin Button
- “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” – Maximus
- “Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.” – Alan Turing, The Imitation Game
- “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” – William Wallace
- “Someone I once knew wrote that we walk away from our dreams afraid that we may fail or worse yet, afraid we may succeed.” – Forrester
Business Success Quotes
“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
As much as you try to be a perfectionist in your business, one or two unhappy customers are inevitable. Surely, it is refreshing to read a business quote that glorifies productive criticism of customers. It is very vital to look at these complaints from a positive viewpoint.
These critiques are indeed an opportunity for you and your business to comprehend and grow. You get to learn a lot when you try to convert unhappy customers to loyal consumer bases.
- “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time.” – Joe Girard, American salesman
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” – Wayne Huizenga, prolific American business person, owner of Blockbuster Video and the Miami Dolphins.
- “Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- “Failure is success if we learn from it.” – Malcolm Forbes
- “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” – J.K. Rowling, British novelist
- “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” – Will Rogers, American actor
- “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” – Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau, essayist, poet, and philosopher
- “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” – Colin R. Davis
- “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” – Thomas J. Watson
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier, author
- “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn, one of America’s foremost business philosophers
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell, US statesman and retired four-star General in the United States Army
“Nothing works better than just improving your product.” – Joel Spolsky
It is very crucial to believe in your business idea and work on it daily. You need to keep on adding promising aspects to your product if you want it to rock the sales.
Surely, it can be difficult to come up with an awesome idea in just a day. But giving a little time to your dreams every day can increase your chances of success tremendously for sure. Moreover, the better your product is, the more customers your business will attract.
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley, newscaster for NBC and ABC
- “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather, American publisher and author
- “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein, theoretical physicist
- “I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.” – G. K. Chesterton, English writer, poet, and philosopher
- “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”- Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.
- “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton, Founder of the Hilton Hotels chain
- “If you’re passionate about something and you work hard, then I think you will be successful.”- Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of Ebay
- “There is simply no substitute for hard work when it comes to achieving success.” – Heather Bresch, CEO of Mylan
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele, Brazilian retired professional footballer
- “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield, American author, motivational speaker, corporate trainer, and entrepreneur
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan, former professional basketball player
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar, American author
- “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.”- Lily Tomlin, American actress
- “I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” – Benjamin Franklin
If you want to escape the rat race and become successful in your business, you would surely love our collection of business quotes. Running a business can be very hectic. Moreover, there can be days when you feel blue and disappointed. You might just not be able to see the fruits of your labor.
Sometimes, you might need help to push through tough patches in your life. Our business quotes are surely going to help you make your move towards a brighter life ahead.
You can also share these amazing teamwork quotes with your colleagues to brighten up their spirits.wo