Mark Twain is not only a big name in the world of literature but also a great thinker. Many Mark Twain quotes reveal the wisdom of a man who saw through the meaning of life.
In his words, you will feel the experience and motivation that made Mark Twain such a successful person.
What he has achieved is the result of the right mindset and self-discipline. They are invaluable lessons that we can learn from his words.
The collection of Mark Twain quotes will be helpful in showing us how to live a life of success and happiness.
The best Quotes of Mark Twain
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” – Mark Twain
- “The more you explain it, the more I don’t understand it.”
- “I make it a rule never to smoke while I’m sleeping.” – Mark Twain
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”
- “Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to.”
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory.”
- “I don’t like to commit myself about heaven and hell – you see, I have friends in both places.” – Mark Twain
- “Golf is a good walk spoiled.”
- “Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.” – Mark Twain
“Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.” – Mark Twain
- “With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity.” – Mark Twain
- “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.”
- “When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear.”
- “I have never taken any exercise, except sleeping and resting, and I never intend to take any.”
“I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life. The problem is that I can’t find anybody who can tell me what they want.” – Mark Twain
- “The finest clothing made is a person’s own skin, but, of course, society demands something more than this.”
- “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” – Mark Twain
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
- “I can live for two months on a good compliment.”
Mark Twain Quotes about life
“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Mark Twain
- “When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.”
- “There’s one way to find out if a man is honest: ask him; if he says yes, you know he’s crooked.”
- “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”
- “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.” – Mark Twain
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” – Mark Twain
- “Do something every day that you don’t want to do. This is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.” – Mark Twain
- “Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.”
- “The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much; if he is an optimist after it, he knows too little.”
- “Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
“The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain
- “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.”
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.”
- “When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain.”
- “Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.”
Famous Mark Twain Quotes
“A half-truth is the most cowardly of lies.” – Mark Twain
- “Any emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary.”
- “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” – Mark Twain
- “Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.”
- “You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.”
“Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life.” – Mark Twain
- “Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts or happenings. It consist mainly of the storm of thoughts that is forever flowing through one’s head.” – Mark Twain
- “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain
- “A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”
- “Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
“Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does the work.” – Mark Twain
- “Principles have no real force except when one is well-fed.”
- “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” – Mark Twain
- “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
- “If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re mis-informed.” – Mark Twain
Life is not easy to live to the fullest and happiest. That is why we need to learn from others, especially the great thinkers in human history.
Mark Twain is considered one of the most influential writers in America and you can learn a lot of life lessons from his works.
Mark Twain’s quotes teach us how to live happily and successfully by focusing on the most important things.
Whenever you feel confused or lost about life, you can remind yourself of those motivational quotes. The wisdom you find there will help you to see the world more clearly and positively.