Fishing is no longer a form of entertainment but has become a sport that attracts many people. Read our full collection of fishing quotes to get a fresh look at this pastime.
Back in the day, we used to see many middle-aged people or people with a lot of free time participating. Nowadays, this elegant sport has attracted quite a lot of people of all different ages to come to them. More than just a sitting-at-one-place sport, going fishing actually has more benefits than you think.
Best Fishing Quotes
- “I like to fish. Fishing is always a way of relaxing.” – Tom Felton.
- “A day without fishing is like a day without sunshine.”
- “Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.” – Herbert Hoover.
- “The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.”
- “Fishing is the sport of drowning worms.”
Every weekend, we always have different ways to enjoy our free time and always want it to be well spent. Many people love to go camping, shopping, while others like to go to quiet places to enjoy fishing. For those who love this sport, a calm lake and fishing rods are the perfect companions.
Fishing is an interesting outdoor sport. And no matter how gray the weather is, the angler doesn’t matter too much.
In fact, fishing helps you to spend time sitting under the sun a lot. And exposure to the sun will help your body absorb more vitamin D. And vitamin D helps our body synthesize Calcium and Phosphate, the most important element in bone and tooth growth.
The anglers have almost forgotten the merits of fishing are those very healthy and delicious fish. In contrast, they go fishing almost not for the fish, but other emotional and mental factors. Accordingly, that time they will spend thinking about everything without any distractions.
A great fishing quote like this is an inspirational mantra for all who love this sport worldwide.
What you see about the angler is just what it shows on the outside. In addition, to start a fishing trip, one has to prepare a lot of things. Just a good fishing rod, good bait is not enough to catch fish.
Anglers need to know when to fish, where to fish and suitable baits for each type of fish. Therefore, choosing the most suitable bait for the situation also proves that you are a professional angler.
- “Good things come to those who bait.”
- “Carpe Diem,’ does not mean ‘fish of the day.’”
- “Gone fishin’, be back at dark-thirty!”
- “Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.”
- “Give a man a fish; he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and you will find bait in the fridge.”
- “Creeps and idiots cannot conceal themselves for long on a fishing trip.” – John Gierach.
- “I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself.” – Joseph Monniger.
- “If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business.” – Sparse Grey Hackle.
- “Those who die with the most days fishing, wins.”
- “Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” – Henry David Thoreau.
- “A woman, who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn’t know what a patient man she married!”
- “Early to bed…early to rise…fish all day… make up lies.”
- “To fish or not to fish? That’s a dumb question.”
- “You say I`m a compulsive fishing freak like it’s a bad thing.”
- “Tight lines, warm breezes, good friends, plenty of bait it doesn’t get any better.”
- “Work is for people who don’t know how to fish!”
- “Even a fish wouldn’t get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut.”
- “There are two types of fisherman – those who fish for sport and those who fish for fish.”
Time and location are two factors that determine the success of a fishing session. Regardless of whether the sun is hot or it is freezing, anglers still do not mind practicing fishing.
Nowadays, fishing has become a popular pastime in every corner around the world. And fans of this subject not only stop at the middle age, but young people have also appeared more diverse. So, it is enough to understand how this subject has attracted players.
- “ I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent.” – Nick Lyons.
- “Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl.” – Ernest Hemingway.
- “It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.” – John Steinbeck.
- “Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.”
- “Fishing is a discipline in the equality of men – for all men are equal before fish.”
- “Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish.” – Steven Wright.
- “Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.”
- “Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish.” – Sparse Grey Hackle.
Many people assert that fishing is an art, especially for skilled anglers. Fishing requires a lot of professional techniques, concentration, and absolute patience. Therefore, the first factor when becoming a fisherman is patience in any situation.
This fishing quote partly describes the heart and passion of this subject. In the process where everything seems impossible, faith is what ultimately brings you to the end and success.
- “The fish and I were both stunned and disbelieving to find ourselves connected by a line.” – William Humphrey in “The Armchair Angler.”
- “Angling is extremely time consuming. That’s sort of the whole point.” – Thomas McGuane.
- “It is impossible to grow weary of a sport that is never the same on any two days of the year.” – Theodore Gordon.
- “There will be days when the fishing is better than one’s most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.” – Roderick Haig Brown.
- “One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one’s fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one’s fishing companions.” – John Ashley Cooper.
- “The solution to any problem — work, love, money, whatever is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be.” – John Gierach.
- “If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.” – Zane Grey.
Fishing Life Quotes
The hustle of life sometimes makes us overwhelmed and want to return to peace. Many people come to this sport not because of its spoils but also for the precious time to turn inside themselves.
First, the angler will feel free from outside worries, relieve stress from life’s problems. Then, they will think more about things, connect with many things that come from within themselves.
- “If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” – Doug Larson.
- “Some people will just never understand us, fishing isn’t just a pass time or a sport, it’s a way of life. DON’T MESS WITH MY WAY OF LIFE!”
- “There are two things in life you should never be late for, Number one is Church and Number two is fishing.”
- “I’ve gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water.” – William Tapply.
- “Some people will just never understand us, fishing isn’t just a pastime or a sport, it’s a way of life.”
- “No life is so happy and so pleasant as the life of the well-govern’d angler.” – Izaak Walton.
- “I am firmly convinced that the ideal combination leading to a happy life is to have the time to both fish and read.” – Brian Murphy.
- “Many of the most highly publicized events of my presidency are not nearly as memorable or significant in my life as fishing with my daddy.” – Jimmy Carter.
Funny and Inspirational Fishing Quotes
Many people like to conquer difficult things and the harder it is, the more persistent it is. As it turned out, fishing showed the essence of man.
Most of the people who play this sport are patient and persistent in every challenge. And if it is a hobby, they do not hesitate to spend money to serve that hobby.
This fishing quote shows us that spending money on hobbies is also a beneficial investment, especially for your mental health.
- “Fishing is fun…catching is better.”
- “I don’t exaggerate…I just remember big!”
- “Reading about baseball is a lot more interesting than reading about chess, but you have to wonder: Don’t any of these guys ever go fishing?”
- “The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t.”
- “The fish is not so much your quarry as your partner.” – Arnold Gingrich.
- “Always think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets.”
- “I got a fishing rod for my wife – good trade.”
- “A man and his boat do not need to be justified.”
- “Fish stories told here…. some true!”
- “Fisherman’s prayer: Lord, help me to catch fish so large, that even I, in the telling of it, never need to lie.”
- “I fish because the voice in my head tells me to.”
- “I’m a man of few words, “Let’s fish.”
- “The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.” – K. Best.
- “The only thing bad about winning the pennant is that you have to manage the All-Star Game the next year. I’d rather go fishing for three years.” – Whitey Herzog.
- “I don’t want to sit at the head table anymore. I want to go fishing.” – George Bush.
- “Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.” – Jimmy Cannon.
If you are a professional angler, you will understand how the author feels when talking about this fishing quote.
If not, try once in your life to carry a fishing rod to the outskirts of the city. Spend a few hours relaxing with your fishing rod and the open spaces of nature. Surely this experience will not waste your time but will make you really want to try again with pleasure.
- “It is to be observed that ‘angling’ is the name given to fishing by people who can’t fish.” – Stephen Leacock.
- “I only make movies to finance my fishing.” – Lee Marvin.
- “The best fisherman I know try not to make the same mistakes over and over again; instead they strive to make new and interesting mistakes and to remember what they learned from them.” – John Gierach.
- “Just as in cooking there’s no such thing as a little garlic, in fishing there’s no such thing as a little drag.” – G. Tapply.
- “I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.” – Roderick Haig Brown.
- “Most fishermen swiftly learn that it’s a pretty good rule never to show a favorite spot to any fisherman you wouldn’t trust with your wife.” – John Voelker.
- “The angling fever is a very real disease and can only be cured by the application of cold water and fresh, untainted air.” – Theodore Gordon.
- “That’s about as big as a fish that big gets.”
- “Give a man a fish, and you’ll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he’ll buy a funny hat. Talk to a hungry man about fish, and you’re a consultant.” – Scott Adams.
- “So long, and thanks for all the fish.” – Douglas Adams.
- “Which fish dresses the best? A: A swordfish because it always looks sharp!” – Johnny B. Laughing.
- “Fishing is a discipline in the equality of men – for all men are equal before fish.” – Herbert Hoover.
This fishing quote reminds us of the protagonist Santiago in the classic The Old Man and the Sea. For him, that journey at sea was his greatest battle with nature. “The old man still wants a great fish to come, he just hopes that he has the ability and strength, to bring it in.”
Fishing, like anything else, if there is hope, then you will surely have a chance to win.
- “By the time I had turned thirty, I’d realized two important things. One, I had to fish. Two, I had to work for a living.” – Mallory Burton.
- “There is only one reason in the world to go fishing: to enjoy yourself. Anything that detracts from enjoying yourself is to be avoided.” – Leigh Perkins.
- “I only hope the fish will take half as much trouble for me as I’ve taken for them.” – Rudyard Kipling.
- “Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.” – Paul Schullery.
- “The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.” – K. Best.
- “Most of the world is covered by water. A fisherman’s job is simple: Pick out the best parts.” – Charles Waterman.
- “Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover.
- “Do not tell fish stories where the people know you. Particularly, don’t tell them where they know the fish.” – Mark Twain.
- “The best time to go fishing is when you can get away.” – Robert Traver.
- “Everyone should believe in something. I believe I’ll go fishing.” – Henry David Thoreau.
- “If all politicians fished, instead of spoke publicly, we would be at peace with the world.” – Will Rogers.
Loving a subject also shows part of the participant’s personality. And fishing is a picky entertainment for players because of its inherent characteristics.
But once passionate about this subject, players will be attracted and consider it an indispensable part of life. This article is a collection of the most famous fishing quotes that are suitable for you to send to your friends
For some people, fishing is a sport, but some people see it as a career and a living ideal. It does not require us too much but on the contrary, is a discipline with many benefits. By the way, let’s find more fun and inspiration together with articles about sports quotes and funny life quotes here.