Sports are physical activities, or games that bring joy and excitement to people. Along with the development history it seems that sport brings greater things than what it is defined.
Sports is one of the clear proofs that human ability is without limits, in sports, people set a record and break it.
Sport is an opportunity for anyone who is passionate, regardless of nationality, rich-poor, ordinary people or people with disabilities.
Sports exist in the most normal activities, to help people improve their health.
The following 50 sports quotes hope to help readers understand what it means, the lessons that sports bring to people.
Meaningful sport quotes with images
“Sports teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to know what it feels like to win and lose-it teaches you about life.” – Billie Jean King
In sports, competition is indispensable and to ensure fairness, it has its own rules. Playing by law is the first thing sports players need to know and follow. Just like in a society where there are laws, everyone must obey the law.
Sport brings joy and sadness in the most honest and complete way. Join a simple sports game. You will understand immediately.
“Sports teaches you to understand the meaning of a team. You need to be able to work with everybody; you don’t have to be their best friend. You can experience the fun of competition and driving toward a common goal without pushing to bond in some major way with each individual on a project.” – Kathleen Kennedy
There are individual sports, and there are also team sports. There the spirit of solidarity is one of the decisive factors for winning.
When we are a part of a team, for the common goal, we must coordinate. In fact, you don’t have to be the best, and you can’t be close to many people.
It is important that all understand the goals of the team, their own tasks, understand the ideas and coordinate with the teammates.
“Sports are a great place to show that equality can happen.” – Venus Williams’s sport quotes.
This sports quote represents a great perspective. Yes, anyone can play sports, be it a normal person or a disabled person.
In tournaments, the poor can also enjoy the fun of rolling balls like rich people. It does not distinguish objects, geographic spaces.
Therefore, sports are chosen as the form of global tournaments, with the message of equality and peace between nations.
“That’s one thing you learn in sports. You don’t give up; you fight to the finish.” – Louis Zamperini
Different from life, in sports players know one thing: there will always be an end.
Therefore, even if they were in a losing position, they still had to keep trying until the end. Sometimes the end is hope for the insider.
As long as the time is not off, yet they will continue to try to earn points to balance, to win.
Sometimes choose to play until the end because of player’s courage does not allow them to fall.
“Sports not only build better athletes but also better people.” – Julie Foudy
What a beautiful sport quote. Sports are not just a form of training, it is also an experience that helps athletes understand a lot of lessons.
About how to work in groups, about believing in yourself and never giving up.
“Sports are such a great teacher. I think of everything they’ve taught me: camaraderie, humility, how to resolve differences.” – Kobe Bryant
Sports teach people how to work in groups. By putting people in a team, common goal.
People are forced to shrink their ego, reconcile each other’s differences, taking advantage of that difference to their team’s advantage.
And after the moments of losing together, winning together. Strangers become friends, becoming a cohesive group.
“Sports do not build character. They reveal it.” – The best sport quote from Heywood Broun
What a miracle of sports. Competitive circumstances, there are limits on time and rules, which will reveal the personality of the participants.
The characteristics that they may not know before. That they can do things that they previously thought were impossible, they could continue even if they thought they were exhausted.
Consider the disabled who participate in tournaments, you will have to nod before this sports statement.
“Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable
Gold medal in sports is a symbol of victory, a reward that everyone wants to get.
Sometimes people want to have it not because of the material value it brings, nor because it is proofing that you are the best.
To win, the player must change hours of hard work, stand up after many falls, not give up the dream.
Pay with recklessness, dare to overcome their own health limits. It is these things that make the gold medal invaluable.
“There is a syndrome in sports called ‘paralysis by analysis’.” – Arthur Ashe
This sport quote is reminiscent of the world record for marathon time.
When the first record was established, the scientific community came up with a study that proved that humans could not overcome this limit.
But only a few years later, this record was continuously broken. It seems that sport is a testament to the fact that studies – statistics only create limits for sports.
But people still believe in themselves and are more passionate than meaningless numbers. That’s why sports are an endless source of inspiration for human’s passion, effort, and ability.
“Sports are a microcosm of society.” – Billie Jean King
It’s correct. Sports have victory, glory and defeat, difficulties and challenges but also contain many opportunities.
In sports, we have companions, and also competitors. Competition is as fierce as real society. Everyone has an obligation in that society and has a purpose for himself.
Sports teach us really valuable lessons about belief in yourself, believing in teammates. That every effort is rewarded. Sports connect people together in such a great way. Do you agree?
Short quotes about sport
- “Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.” – Michael Jordan‘s short sport quotes.
- “Pitching is the art of instilling fear.” – Sandy Koufax
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
- “One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it.” – Knute Rockne
- “We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Sports is the toy department of human life.” – Howard Cosell
- “Baseball has the great advantage over cricket of being sooner ended.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing.” – Warren Spahn
- “All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity.” – Gordie Howe
- “I like sports, and I enjoy playing basketball and lifting weights.” – Joel Osteen’s sport quotes.
- “I wanted to use sports for social change.” – Billie Jean King
- “I’d just as soon play tennis with the net down.” – Robert Frost
- “Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness.” – William Wordsworth
- “To find a man’s true character, play golf with him.” – P. G. Wodehouse
- “I know I am getting better at golf because I am hitting fewer spectators.” – Gerald R. Ford
- “The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight.” – Ben Hogan
- “Tennis and golf are best played, not watched.” – Roger Kahn
- “There are only two seasons – winter and Baseball.” – Bill Veeck
Sport quotes from the Legend
- “The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course.” – Billy Graham
- “You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time.” – Jim Bouton
- “I think what endurance sports teach you is to stay dedicated, stay focused, and also to understand you’re going to have ups and downs, but you need to keep running right through them.” – Kyrsten Sinema
- “There’s three things men always talk about – women, sports, and cars.” – Mario Lopez’s quote about sport.
- “A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” – Wayne Gretzky
- “Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps.” – Tiger Woods
- “To me, it doesn’t matter how good you are. Sport is all about playing and competing. Whatever you do in cricket and in sport, enjoy it, be positive and try to win.” – Ian Botham
- “Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world.” – Babe Rut
- “I see great things in baseball. It’s our game – the American game.” – Walt Whitman
- “But sports carried me away from being in a gang, or being associated with drugs. Sports was my way out.” – LeBron James’s quotes
- “Maybe because I am from a sports background, I don’t give up easily. I am a fighter.” – Deepika Padukone
- “Sports should not become routine. It should be about passion.” – Kapil Dev
- “If you look at all aspects of all sports, everything comes down to basics and fundamentals.” – Robbie Lawler
- “I won’t have any competitive instincts in any sports, other than golf. I can’t see being competitive in sports any more.” – Michael Jordan quotes
- “I’m a football fan, a sports fan, a fan of competition.” – Matthew McConaughey
- “The problem with winter sports is that – follow me closely here – they generally take place in winter.” – Dave Barry
- “I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people’s accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man’s failures.” – Earl Warren
- “Football is football and talent is talent. But the mindset of your team makes all the difference.” – Robert Griffin III
- “Tennis is a perfect combination of violent action taking place in an atmosphere of total tranquillity.” – Billie Jean King
- “To me, I can be famous in sports. But to me, I cannot say it means a lot to be famous. Being famous is something I don’t like.” – Caster Semenya
- “I don’t want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it.” – Rogers Hornsby