Winston Churchill is well-known for his main role as a prime minister of Britain. Besides, he is also known as one of the most notable figures during World War II. And Winston Churchill’s quotes also reflect many of his courageous personality and talented leadership.
He has been through several careers in his whole life and gained a lot of success and popularity. In addition to the above important positions, Winston is also known as one of the most influential people in the world.
Winston’s life quotes are often known as the guidelines in the construction and development of the country this time.
There are always ups and downs in life, and sometimes it never will be as you expected. So we should look to the experiences of great people in history for a clearer view. Let us take a look at Winston’s top famous quotes, to better understand how wise he is.
Favorite Winston Churchill Quotes With Images
“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill.
Indeed, attitudes are shaped by habits, and as a result, human personalities are shaped by attitudes. Because your attitude and your way of observing problems will draw a very terrific change in your destiny. That’s why you should pay attention to your every little action.
It’s necessary if you stay focus on your plans and development for the future. But keep in mind that your optimistic attitude transforms almost everything in life.
Every one of us is the protagonist of our own story. We have the right to write it the way we desire.
This inspirational quote by Winston also partly helps us widen our perspective of life. Instead of living the way others expect, we should live the way we want.
“When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.” – Winston Churchill.
Winston Churchill has reminded us that we can partly determine one’s abilities by the way they talk speak. Successful people often do things in silence, while ordinary people prefer to show more in words.
The advice here is, practice yourself to become smarter and wiser and let others talk about you.
“We shape our dwellings, and afterward our dwellings shape us.” – Winston Churchill short quotes.
Winston Churchill was referring to the rebuilding of the House of Common, where he spent most of his time to dwell and serve. And therefore, his sacrifices have derived the worthiest benefits naturally to him.
In this case, dwellings can be understood as anything that we build with our hands or with our minds. What we live and work for is what shapes our personalities. And after everything is settled, you will get a lot of benefits it brings.
“I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.” – Winston Churchill.
When we’re still young, we have nothing but fearless, passion, and enthusiasm in everything we do. If you once try your best in life, you will understand that your efforts have never be wasted.
Living dedicated to your ideal career and life is what Winston wants us to carve in our manifestos. It gives you more experience along the way, and you will never regret looking back.
“War is mainly a catalog of blunders.” – Winston Churchill.
War is the most horrible experience our world has suffered throughout history. It has brought suffering, loss, and inconsolable wounds in all of our memories ever after.
It’s correct to say that war is a catalog of the scariest blunders people ever create. Because every time we think about it, we can immediately think of blood, tears, and all the miserable screams.
Meaningful quotes of Winston Churchill
“What is adequacy? Adequacy is no standard at all.” – Winston Churchill.
Even if you and someone is born in the same living conditions and educational environment, no one can be completely alike. We all have different ways of seeing and observing life. So whatever standard exists in our life is just relativity. There is no standard for how we measure anything.
The answer Winston gave us in this quote is to listen to your heart and your intuition. Don’t be too reliant on any standard that people suppose is right.
- “No one can guarantee success in war, but only deserve it.”
- “Dictators ride to and fro on tigers from which they dare not dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry.”
- “Without a measureless and perpetual uncertainty, the drama of human life would be destroyed.”
- “Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.”
- “An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile – hoping it will eat him last.”
- “Say what you have to say and the first time you come to a sentence with a grammatical ending – sit down.”
- “If one has to submit, it is wasteful not to do so with the best grace possible.”
- “All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honor; duty; mercy; hope.”
- “Curse ruthless time! Curse our mortality. How cruelly short is the allotted span for all we must cram into it!”
- “We must beware of needless innovations, especially when guided by logic.”
“We shall show mercy, but we shall not ask for it.” – Winston Churchill
Mercy is a pay-off for what you have sincerely created. It is not a pardon you beg for from anyone. Notice that all you give is all you deserve.
Winston has also gently reminded us not to ask too much for an unexpected result. While you have not been giving others the same things.
- “Success is never found. Failure is never fatal. Courage is the only thing.”
- “We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.”
- “The problems of victory are more agreeable than those of defeat, but they are no less difficult.” – Winston Churchill.
- “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.”
- “I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.”
- “The English never draw a line without blurring it.” – Winston Churchill.
- “It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.”
- “There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.” – Winston Churchill.
- “We are stripped bare by the curse of plenty.”
- “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”
- “Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.”
- “To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day.”
Checkout more Winston Churchill Quotes about life
“It is no use saying ‘we are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.”
Everything we aim to achieve simplicity is already there. All we need to do is identify and accept the successes that are most essential to us.
Simplify and minimalize your life and goals. Then you will understand that true value lies in how you cherish the small things in your life.
- “The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” – Winston Churchill.
- “You have enemies? Good. It means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
- “In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.”
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – short Winston Churchill quotes.
- “There is only one duty, only one safe course, and that is to try to be right and not to fear to do or say what you believe to be right.”
- “It is a fine thing, to be honest, but it is also very important to be right.”
- “I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.”
- “Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.”
- “The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.” -Winston Churchill.
- “Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”
- “Those who can win a war well can rarely make a good peace, and those who could make a good peace would never have won the war.”
- “It’s not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what’s required.”
- “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” – Winston Churchill.
- “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
“It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.” – Winston Churchill.
All you have to do is trust in the plan that God has planned for us. Tomorrow is a mystery. So don’t be confused about what hasn’t come yet, be focused on the now that you’re living for.
Have faith in the sacred timing and then what is supposed to be a miracle will come to you in progress.
Life quotes by Winston Churchill were the most inspiring flames during WWII. By that, we also understand why these quotes always carry the power and potential to motivate us.
- “It is wonderful what great strides can be made when there is a resolute purpose behind them.”
- “All the greatest things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honor; duty; mercy; hope.” – Winston Churchill.
- “Personally I’m always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.”
- “Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.”
- “The first duty of the university is to teach wisdom, not a trade; character, not technicalities. We want a lot of engineers in the modern world, but we do not want a world of engineers.” – Winston Churchill.
- “The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.”
- “All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.”
Life is always beautiful and filled with happiness. But before we find it, we’ll face many difficulties so that we will learn how to appreciate it eventually.
These are all extremely expensive lessons that he learned after his many experiences and dedication. And they give you more strength and courage to face everything.