Dumbledore quotes are a favorable choice for Harry Potter fans. The Wizarding World of J.K.Rowling has always been intriguing, fascinating, and alluring for those who love fictional concepts and magical storylines.
After the great success of the Harry Potter series, the Dumbledore character has also become a phenomenal figure. The headmaster of the wizarding school Hogwarts is an iconic character.
His words and actions are an example for not only the students of Hogwarts but also children around the world. If you are one of Harry Potter’s fans, you will surely enjoy reading the quotes of Dumbledore below!
Top Of Powerful Dumbledore Quotes
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – Dumbledore quotes.
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“You know, Minister, I disagree with Dumbledore on many counts…but you cannot deny he’s got style…” – Dumbledore
“Ah, music,” he said, wiping his eyes. “A magic beyond all we do here!”
Meaningful, funny, and thought-provoking… there are many adjectives to describe Dumbledore’s sayings in the movie. The quotes that we have collected here are just some of the most outstanding quotes of the headmaster of the school for wizards – Hogwarts.
You may also like The Most Famous Movie Quotes In History.
Meaningful Dumbledore Quotes
“Dumbledore’s army, still recruiting.”
- “Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!”
- “What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally the whole school knows.” – Dumbledore
- “But Dumbledore says he doesn’t care what they do as long as they don’t take him off the Chocolate Frog cards.”
- “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”
- “For future reference, Harry, it is raspberry…although of course, if I were a Death Eater, I would have been sure to research my own jam preferences before impersonating myself.” – Dumbledore.
“You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!” – Dumbledore’s quotes.
- “Alas! Earwax!” – Dumbledore
- “Curiosity is not a sin… But we should exercise caution with our curiosity… yes, indeed.”
- “I took a wrong turn on the way to the bathroom and found myself in a beautifully proportioned room I had never seen before, containing a really rather magnificent collection of chamberpots. When I went back to investigate more closely, I discovered that the room had vanished. But I must keep an eye out for it. Possibly it is only accessible at five-thirty in the morning. Or it may only appear at the quarter moon – or when the seeker has an exceptionally full bladder.”
- “The idea of a teenage Dumbledore was simply odd, like trying to imagine a stupid Hermione or a friendly Blast-Ended Skrewt.”
- “Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.” – Funny Dumbledore quotes.
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Dumbledore
- “Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!”
- “It was important, Dumbledore said, to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then could evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated. . . .”
- “I believe your friends Misters Fred and George Weasley were responsible for trying to send you a toilet seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you.” – Quotes from Dumbledore.
- “I see a light in the kitchen. Let us not deprive Molly any longer of the chance to deplore how thin you are.”
- “Can you think what the Mirror of Erised shows us all?”
- “You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.”
- “Like the fact that the person Sirius cared for the most about in the world was you,” said Dumbledore quietly.”
- “It’s lucky it’s dark. I haven’t blushed so much since Madam Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs.”
- “I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind.”
- “My word, Severus, that I shall never reveal the best of you?’ Dumbledore sighed, looking down into Snape’s ferocious, anguished face. ‘If you insist …”
His sayings are not only helpful for us in the journey of life, but also wholesome and good for our souls and spiritual life. Pixels Quote team hopes you will enjoy reading these quotes and find for yourself your “quote of the day”.
Classic Dumbledore quotes
“Killing is not so easy as the innocent belief.” – Dumbledore
- “P.S. I enjoy acid pops.” – Short Dumbledore quote.
- “Because to confide a part of your soul to something that can think and move for itself is obviously a very risky business.”
- “Even if I could, I wouldn’t. Scars can come in handy. I have one myself above my left knee that is a perfect map of the London Underground.”
- “The fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strength” – Inspire Dumbledore quotes.
- “I am not worried, Harry,” said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. “I am with you.”
- “Three turns should do it.”
- “But he understood at last what Dumbledore had been trying to tell him. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew — and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents — that there was all the difference in the world.”
“Harry, you wonderful boy, you brave, brave man.”
- “Harry, Cedric, I suggest you both go up to the bed,” said Dumbledore, smiling at both of them. “I am sure Gryffindor and Hufflepuff are waiting to celebrate with you, and it would be a shame to deprive them of this excellent excuse to make a great deal of mess and noise.”
- “Witness for the defense, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.”
- “Everybody finished the song at different times. Dumbledore conducted their last few lines with his wand and when they had finished, he was one of those who clapped loudest. ‘Ah music,’ he said, wiping his eyes. ‘A magic beyond all we do here!”
- “Have to? Of course, you have to! But only because of you, Harry, won’t rest until Voldemort is finished! Think now, for once, if you have never heard of the prophecy! What would you do?”
- “Don’t count your owls before they are delivered.” – Dumbledore quotation from Harry Potter film series.
- “And I must draft an advertisement for the Daily Prophet, too,’ he added thoughtfully. ‘We’ll be needing a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher… Dear me, we do seem to run through them, don’t we?”
- “I am not paying for some crackpot old fool to teach him magic tricks!” yelled Uncle Vernon. Hagrid seized his pink umbrella and whirled it over his head “NEVER -” he thundered “- INSULT -ALBUS -DUMBLEDORE – IN – FRONT – OF – ME!”
- “Prongs rode again last night… You know, Harry, in a way, you did see your father last night… You found him inside yourself.”
- “At that moment, Harry fully understood for the first time why people said Dumbledore was the only wizard Voldemort had ever feared. The look upon Dumbledore’s face as he stared down at the unconscious form of Mad-Eye Moody was more terrible than Harry could have ever imagined. There was no benign smile upon Dumbledore’s face, no twinkle in the eyes behind the spectacles. There was cold fury in every line of the ancient face; a sense of power radiated from Dumbledore as though he were giving off burning heat.”
- “Minerva, kindly go to Hagrid’s house, where you will find a large black dog sitting in the pumpkin patch. Take the dog to my office, tell him I will be with him shortly, then come back here.”
- “Your father is alive in you, Harry, and shows himself most plainly when you need of him. How else could you produce that particular Patronus? Prongs rode again last night.”
- “Directly above them, framed in the doorway from the Brain Room, stood Albus Dumbledore, his wand aloft, his face white and furious. Harry felt a kind of electric charge surge through every particle of his body – they were saved.”