Lebron James is often considered one of the best basketball players in the world. But reading Lebron James quotes, you can understand more about him more than just an athlete.
These quotes show strong affirmation, depicting how determined and confident he is. And these qualities are not only shown in his career but also in his private life.
Through these quotes, Lebron James appears before our eyes more genuinely and admirably.
The best quotes from Lebron James
- “I always say, decisions I make, I live with them. There are always ways you can correct them or ways you can do them better. At the end of the day, I live with them.”
- “If a great opportunity opens itself up, I would love to be involved… or star in a movie.”
- “To all the positions, I just bring the determination to win. Me being an unselfish player, I think that can carry on to my teammates. When you have one of the best players on the court being unselfish, I think that transfers to the other players.”
- “But sports carried me away from being in a gang or being associated with drugs. Sports was my way out.”
- “I am just happy to be part of the Nike family.” – Lebron James Quotes.
- “I do have motivation. A lot of motivation.”
- “Maybe the ones burning my jersey were never LeBron fans anyway.”
- “Warren Buffet told me once and he said always follow your gut. When you have that gut feeling, you have to go with don’t go back on it.”
- “For me, already being part of a single parent household and knowing it was just me and my mom, you would wake up times and hope that the next day you’d be able to be alongside your mother because she was out trying to make sure that I was taken care of. But all I cared about was her being home.”
- “I have short goals – to get better every day, to help my teammates every day – but my only ultimate goal is to win an NBA championship. It’s all that matters. I dream about it. I dream about it all the time, how it would look, how it would feel. It would be so amazing.”
- “You can’t be afraid to fail. It’s the only way you succeed – you’re not gonna succeed all the time, and I know that.”
- “I don’t read books much.” – A Funny quote from Lebron James.
- “Once you get on the playing field it’s not about whether you’re liked or not liked. All that matters is to play at a high level and do whatever it takes to help your team win. That’s what it’s about.”
- “When you work out or you’re doing anything active, it’s more fun as a group. You may lose track of the time, and the next thing you know, you’re working out for two hours because you’re having fun.”
- “I don’t want to be called a point guard, but I can’t stop it.”
- “You have to be able to accept failure to get better.”
- “I make impact plays. I make game-changing plays.”
- “There are always people always asking you for something. But I feel like I have a foundation. I have a supporting cast where it doesn’t bother me too much.”
- “I need music. It’s like my heartbeat, so to speak. It keeps me going no matter what’s going on – bad games, press, whatever!”
- “There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don’t put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel if I play my game, it will take care of itself.”
- “I treated it like every day was my last day with a basketball.”
- “When I was 5, some financial things happened, and I moved seven times in a year. We moved from apartment to apartment, sometimes living with friends. My mom would always say, ‘Don’t get comfortable, because we may not be here long.”
- “I don’t know how tall I am or how much I weigh. Because I don’t want anybody to know my identity. I’m like a superhero. Call me Basketball Man.”
- “My mom and I have always been there for each other. We had some tough times, but she was always there for me.”
- “When you have that respect from your teammates, it makes it a lot more comfortable.”
Lebron James Quotes About Success
- “Your teammates give you confidence. They give me the confidence all year, all postseason.” – Lebron James said.
- “You know, my family and friends have never been yes-men: ‘Yes, you’re doing the right thing, you’re always right.’ No, they tell me when I’m wrong, and that’s why I’ve been able to stay who I am and stay humble.”
- “I love watching track and field – the 4×100 relay, the 100-(meter) dash, the 200-(meter) dash. To see what they’re able to do, I love watching that.”
- “You know, when I have a bad game, it continues to humble me and know that you know, you still have work to do and you still have a lot of people to impress.”
- “I love showcasing my talents – not only to my hometown fans and my own team but to the world.”
- “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” – Short Lebron Jame Quotes.
- “Where I grew up – I grew up on the north side of Akron, lived in the projects. So those scared and lonely nights – that’s every night. You hear a lot of police sirens, you hear a lot of gunfire. Things that you don’t want your kids to hear growing up.”
- “I hear my friends and my mom tell me I’m special, but honestly, I still don’t get it.”
- “The first time I stepped on an NBA court I became a businessman.”
- “I was a Chicago Bulls, Michael Jordan fan growing up.”
- “Basketball is my passion, I love it. But my family and friends mean everything to me. That’s what’s important. I need my phone so I can keep in contact with them at all times.”
- “Sometimes in the past when I played something might make me lose focus, or I would go home after a game where I thought I could have played better and I would let it hang over my head for a long time when it shouldn’t.”
- “You know, God gave me a gift to do other things besides play the game of basketball.”
- “I won at every level – all the way since I started playing the game of basketball at nine. I’ve won at every level, won championships at every level. And, you know, it won’t be fulfilled until I win at the highest level.”
- “Akron, Ohio, is my home. It will always be remembered. Akron, Ohio, is my life.”
- “I’m confident with my ability.”
- “Volleyball, I could be pretty good. After a few practices, I could be that striker, or whatever they call it.”
- “Every night on the court I give my all, and if I’m not giving 100 percent, I criticize myself.”
- “I hate letting my teammates down. I know I’m not going to make every shot. Sometimes I try to make the right play, and if it results in a loss, I feel awful. I don’t feel awful because I have to answer questions about it. I feel awful in that locker room because I could have done something more to help my teammates win.”
- “My father wasn’t around when I was a kid, and I used to always say, ‘Why me? Why don’t I have a father? Why isn’t he around? Why did he leave my mother?’ But as I got older I looked deeper and thought, ‘I don’t know what my father was going through, but if he was around all the time, would I be who I am today?”
- “I’m going to use all my tools, my God-given ability, and make the best life I can with it.”
- “And winning is a huge thing for me.”
- “But now, being a parent, I go home and see my son and I forget about any mistake I ever made or the reason I’m upset. I get home and my son is smiling or he comes running to me. It has just made me grow as an individual and grow as a man.”
- “In fourth grade, I missed 82 days of school. Out of 160.”
- “Well, I mean, to me, I think my ultimate – my ultimate goal is winning championships and – and I understand that me going down as one of the greats will not happen until I, you know, win a championship.”
Lebron James Quotes Final Thought
It is not easy to be in such a competitive field like basketball and still thrive to become one of the greatest of all time.
But Lebron James succeeded, with his determination, confidence, and team spirit.
Lebron James’s quotes show us what makes him the role model for many other players in the world.
These quotes are motivational for anyone who wants to find a drive to work towards greatness in life.
Check more: Stephen Curry Quotes.