Widely regarded as the greatest basketball player of all time, but Michael Jordan can teach us more than how to play basketball.
Michael Jordan quotes show us the value of dedication, team spirit in a successful sport career.
Those quotes speak about his views on life and success, as well as how to make dreams happen.
Those words are wise and motivational because they come from his experience through failures and successes.
Let’s have a look at them to see what he thinks other players and other people should focus in life.
Motivational Michael Jordan quotes
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”
“You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.”
“If you quit once it becomes a habit. Never quit!”
“Once I made a decision, I never thought about it again.”
Michael Jordan quotes about Life and Success
“I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.”
“The key to success is failure.”
“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.”
“There is no “I” in team but there is in win.”
“Enjoy every minute of life. Never second-guess life.”
More Inspirational Quotes from Michael Jordan
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan
- “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.” – Michael Jordan
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
- “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.” – Michael Jordan
- “I’ve never lost a game I just ran out of time.” – Short Michael Jordan quote.
- “I’m not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.” – Michael Jordan
- “My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn’t stand the sideline.” – Michael Jordan
- “The game is my wife. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace.” – Michael Jordan
- “I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me. Failure always made me try harder the next time.” – Michael Jordan
- “The minute you get away from fundamentals – whether it’s proper technique, work ethic or mental preparation – the bottom can fall out of your game, your schoolwork, your job, whatever you’re doing.” – Michael Jordan
- “Learning’s a gift, even when pain is your teacher.” – Michael Jordan
- “Failure is acceptable. but not trying is a whole different ball park.” – Michael Jordan
- “I play to win, whether during practice or a real game.” – Michael Jordan Inspire quote.
- “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.”- Michael Jordan
You may also check these quotes from Michael Jordan
- “Every time I feel tired while I am exercising and training, I close my eyes to see that picture, to see that list with my name. This usually motivates me to work again.” – Michael Jordan
- “The best come from the worst.” – The best Michael Jordan quotes.
- “I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot… When you think about the consequences you will always think of the negative result.” – Michael Jordan
- “It’s heavy duty to try to do everything and please everybody. My job was to go out there and play the game of basketball as best I can. People may not agree with that. I can’t live with what everyone’s impression of what I should or what I shouldn’t do.” – Michael Jordan
- “If it turns out that my best wasn’t good enough, at least I won’t look back and say I was afraid to try.” – Michael Jordan
- “I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it.” – Michael Jordan
- “Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That’s truly about the game, and in some ways that’s about life too.” – Michael Jordan
- “Heart is what separates the good from the great.” – Michael Jordan
- “I would tell players to relax and never think about what’s at stake. Just think about the basketball game. If you start to think about who is going to win the championship, you’ve lost your focus.” – Michael Jordan
- “I hope the millions of people I’ve touched have the optimism and desire to share their goals and hard work and perseverance with a positive attitude.” – Michael Jordan
- “Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.” – Michael Jordan
- “In reality, I never want to grow up.” – Michael Jordan sayings.
- “How many times have your parents told you not to do things, and the next thing you know, you go do it? And you realized you shouldn’t have done it.” – Michael Jordan
- “My heroes are and were my parents. I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes.” – Michael Jordan
- “In college I never realized the opportunities available to a pro athlete. I’ve been given the chance to meet all kinds of people, to travel and expand my financial capabilities, to get ideas and learn about life, to create a world apart from basketball.” – Michael Jordan
- “In any investment, you expect to have fun and make money.” – Michael Jordan
- “For a competitive junkie like me, golf is a great solution because it smacks you in the face every time you think you’ve accomplished something. That to me has taken over a lot of the energy and competitiveness for basketball.” – Michael Jordan
- “My challenge when I came back was to face the young talent, to dissect their games, and show them maybe that they needed to learn more about the game than just the money aspect.” – Michael Jordan
- “Do I need my number retired throughout the course of the league to acknowledge what I’ve done? No.” – Michael Jordan
- “I want to be perceived as a guy who played his best in all facets, not just scoring. A guy who love challenges.” – Michael Jordan
- “I built my talents on the shoulders of someone else’s talent.” – Michael Jordan
- “Even when I’m old and gray, I won’t be able to play it, but I’ll still love the game.” – Michael Jordan
- “I know the signs of scaredness.” – Michael Jordan
- “It’s absolutely wrong that I don’t want guys to challenge me. And the people who say that aren’t in the room.” – Michael Jordan
- “Live the moment for the moment.” – Michael Jordan quotes about life.
Michael Jordan is popular not only because of his phenomenal playing, but also because of his positive attitude.
Reading Michael Jordan quotes, we can find out more about this extraordinary athlete. The lessons he learnt from his career are also helpful for us in our lives.
His words convey the message of determination, perseverance and team spirit. Those are also the necessary keys to gain success and live life to the fullest.
That is why Michael Jordan quotes should be used as reference whenever you feel like finding motivation and fighting for your dreams.