No man can reach great success alone – everyone needs a team to move forward together. This truth is emphasized in teamwork quotes, which teach us the importance of having other people by your side.
After all, we all have our specific strengths and weaknesses.
In a team, the strength of someone makes up for the weakness of the others. We motivate each other, and help each other to achieve our common goals.
Effective teamwork is an important element in any success. That is why we need to practice teamwork and make use of it in every task we do.
You may also like these quotes: Hark work quotes.
Meaningful Teamwork Quotes with Images
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
The ability of each individual is limited. Each person has limited time, resources and talents.
That is why one can only do a little, achieve a small success. However, in a team, all the resources add up, and we encourage each other to keep trying.
Thus, together we can do much more than what we can as individuals.
“The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
What is the relationship between a team and its members? Each member’s abilities form the source of strength for the team.
“There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” – George Shinn
Teamwork quotes point out an important misleading thought: we think that there are self-made man. In fact, no one can succeed without the help of others.
Any successful man has to receive others’ suggestions, support and encouragement here and there.
So forget the idea of “having to do everything on your own” and take advantage of the power of teamwork.
“The whole is other than the sum of the parts.” – Kurt Koffka’s teamwork quotes.
Life is very different from math. The power of a team is bigger than the sum of its members.
The reason behind it is that everyone is better in a team. One can achieve more, get better results due to the encouragement and help that the team brings.
Thus, if you want to do great things, find yourself a team to go together.
“Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro – The best Teamwork quote.
Human’s imagination is limitless but each individual’s strength is so little that we often fail when doing things alone.
It is like this: each one of us is just one drop that can hardly make any notable difference. But together, we are like an ocean, a force to reckon with.
“Great things in business are never done by one person; they’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
Thinking about the great successes achieved in the history, you will realize they were all done by a team.
Obviously, great dreams require much more effort, resources and works than one person can manage to do.
So when you aim at great things, remember the lesson from teamwork quotes: always do it with a team.
“The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first.” – Iyanla Vanzant
Effective teamwork requires team members to be willing to help each other.
As we know, great things can only be achieved with a team. And in a team like that, we have a common vision, a common goal.
When we help the others, we are also helping the whole team on its way to success.
Helping other people also brings you knowledge, skills, resources and support that you need.
“It takes two flints to make a fire.” – Louisa May Alcott – Short teamwork quotes.
A fire cannot be made with only one flint. Similarly, success cannot be reached by only one person.
Teamwork quotes use a lot of metaphors to emphasize the important of teamwork.
We need other people to work with us to get our desirable results. Other people will provide the help you need and bring out the best in you.
“In union there is strength.” – Aesop
Separation brings weakness, union brings strength. While we work alone, we can easily recognize our weak points yet cannot do anything about it.
But in a team, one’s strengths can make up for the other’s weaknesses.
Moreover, if a team is united with the same goal, the power of the team will be multiplied, bringing the best results.
“The nicest thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” – Margaret Carty
The most important value of teamwork is the support. It is not only physical support, but also mental support.
When we work alone, we have to tackle every problem on our own. However, in a team, you are certain that someone has got your back.
You will be more confident in your ideas, your goals, and more active in doing your jobs.
Teamwork is the one that determines great success. Effective teamwork is the key to reaching the heights that one can only dream about.
Working with other people brings us support, confidence, encouragement and resources that we need. Most of the time, we need to terminate the thought that we can succeed alone.
No one can do that – we all need companions. That is why many teamwork quotes have to emphasize on the importance of working with other people.
They remind us how much we need each other to succeed, and how essential it is to unite our team.
After all, success – by any definition: money, fame, happiness – requires the engagement of other people in our lives.
Coffee helps to keep us awake, boost our productivity and bring some joy to our teamwork. Coffee truly is an indispensable part of the modern fast-pacing world. Read these coffee quotes to help you calm down after a hard working day or a long term project.
Wise Quotes about Teamwork
- “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth
- “Teamwork is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie’s teamwork quote.
- “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
- “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman
- “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden, it’s deadly.” – Mark Sanborn
- “Unity is strength. . . when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” – Mattie Stepanek
- “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” – James Cash Penney
- “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” – Henry Ford talked about teamwork.
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.” – Ken Blanchard
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
- “Individual commitment to a group effort–that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Remember, teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” – Patrick Lencioni
- “Collaboration allows teachers to capture each other’s fund of collective intelligence.” – Mike Schmoker
- “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” – Mike Krzyzewski
- “It takes two flints to make a fire.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” – Napolean Hill’s team work quote.
- “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
- “None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” – Mother Teresa
- “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
- “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
Check more famous teamwork quotes in text
- “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
- “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” – H.E. Luccock
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” – Charles Darwin’s team work quote.
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
- “Effectively, change is almost impossible without industry-wide collaboration, cooperation, and consensus.” – Simon Mainwaring
- “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” – Norman Shidle
- “The ratio of We’s to I’s is the best indicator of the development of a team.” – Lewis B. Ergen
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
- “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” – Virginia Burden
- “Success is best when it’s shared.” – Howard Schultz
- “If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it.” – Bear Bryant
- “When he took time to help the man up the mountain, lo, he scaled it himself.” – Tibetan Teamwork Proverb.
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
- “When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft. On the other hand, when you team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing.” – Bo Schembechler
- “Trust is knowing that when a team member does push you, they’re doing it because they care about the team.” – Patrick Lencioni
- “I’m not the smartest fellow in the world, but I sure can pick smart colleagues.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.” – Short teamwork quotes.
- “The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of its behind.” – Joseph Stilwell