The wedding quotes below have conveyed the love of many successful marriages and wise words to inspire you. In life, we all need somebody who’s there for us, somebody to have and to hold.
Through all these days of our lives, thanks to our partner it has been easy-to-breath, delighted and uplifting.
Marriage is the gift of God and destiny for two kindred, inseparable souls. Take your time to read these words of wisdom. And to cherish and feel grateful for all the love in your relationship.
Wedding Quotes With Images
- “The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.”—William Lyon Phelps
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.”—J. R. R. Tolkien
- “Being someone’s first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect.”
- “Only married people understand you can be miserable and happy at the same time.”—Chris Rock
- “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.”—Robert Quillen
- “When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you’re sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship.”—Joseph Campbell
- “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company, than a good marriage.”—Martin Luther
- “As God by creation made two of one, so again by marriage, He made one of two.”—Thomas Adams
- “The ideal husband understands every word his wife doesn’t say.”—Alfred Hitchcock
- “A marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s the way you love your partner every day.”—Barbara De Angelis
“The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.”—William Lyon Phelps
Love has always been a miracle. And those who reach the time when love blooms are the ones who were finally granted the greatest gift of love. Marriage is exactly the gift that God gives us to be tied with the ones we love.
This love quote of the great American author William Lyon Phelps has conveyed finely the value of marriage and love.
“I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.”—J. R. R. Tolkien’s wedding quotes.
We can have all the best feelings in just one moment of happiness. And also, we can feel like a whole decade has passed in the same amount of time. It depends on how we spend our time – doing things that we love or let them slip away.
That is why J. R. R. Tolkien had admitted and confessed this to his love. That one lifetime with her is much more valuable than all the years of this world combined.
“Being someone’s first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect.”
First love is believed to be the love that lingers longest in our minds. Passionate, ardent, and pure – we will hardly experience the waves of emotions just as how we lived our first love.
But sometimes first love doesn’t last forever. That is why being someone’s last is much more wholesome. Because you’ll have the chance to accompany them through all the ups and downs for the rest of their life.
“Only married people understand you can be miserable and happy at the same time.”—Chris Rock said about Weddings.
They said marriage is the grave of love, but those are ones who don’t know love at all. Marriage includes not only love and romance, but also responsibilities and the capability to hold one another through thick and thin.
Understanding the merit of marriage, Chris Rock brought us a beautiful wedding quote. If love is enough, they will have the courage and power to face obstacles and to lift each other up, no matter how hard it gets.
“A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.”—Robert Quillen
Marriage is an official agreement between two separate people. It’s when they vow to have each other for the rest of their life and to sacrifice when it is needed. Living under one roof and making various mutual decisions, sometimes we have to give way.
This quote about weddings has encouraged married couples to step in each other’s shoes and forgive. In order to maintain a happy married life.
“When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you’re sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship.”—Joseph Campbell
Marriage is different from love, where it is no longer about our own emotions, but also compromise and mutual gains.
That is why Joseph Campbell had preached about sacrifice in marriage. When you give up on your own opinion, you are allowing a balanced and long-lasting marriage to shape.
“There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company, than a good marriage.”—Martin Luther
Understanding deeply about society and also a father of four children, Martin Luther had left us an insightful quote about marriage and relationships. Through stages of life, we will meet different kinds of people and establish various types of connections.
However, the only bond that knows your personal life connects closely to your soul, is marriage. Therefore, marriage is the best of the best relationships in life.
“As God by creation made two of one, so again by marriage, He made one of two.”—Thomas Adams
The birth of a child or the beginning of marriage surely is a gift of God. How magical it is to gaze at a newly born angel and know it is the creation of love.
And it is even more exciting to witness two people vowing to each with every piece of their body and soul. To have and to hold, for the rest of their life.
“The ideal husband understands every word his wife doesn’t say.”—Alfred Hitchcock
Women are believed to have more emotions and are more sensitive compared to their male partners. However, the sacrifice and trust-worthy of a woman’s love are endless as the sea.
This text about love has surely encouraged husbands to step back, give a thought and understand their wives.
“A marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s the way you love your partner every day.”—Barbara De Angelis
This sweet message has conveyed perfectly the way that people should conceive of marriage. As starters, most of us imagine pinkish and dreamy things when thinking of marriage.
However, it also includes everyday efforts to warm our love, to renew yourself to keep the marriage always happy and balanced. Marriage is not something we can take for granted, it requires constant love, care, and efforts to fulfill our everyday responsibilities.
Love is the greatest gift and those who reach the point of marriage are blessed. From your wedding day to the last day of your marriage, there will be ups and downs along the way.
Happy Wedding Quotes
- “Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.”
- “And I knew exactly how old Walt Disney’s Cinderella felt when she found her prince.”—Elizabeth Young
- “A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you.”
- “In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.”—Mignon McLaughlin
- “Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much a heart can hold.”— Zelda Fitzgerald
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.”—Albert Einstein
- “Oh the heart that has truly loved never forgets, But as truly loves on to the close.”—Thomas Moore
- “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are.”—Oscar Wilde
- “You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had.”—Nicholas Sparks
- “True love stories never have endings.”—Richard Bach
- “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes or their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
- “If we look at the world with a love of life, the world will reveal its beauty to us.”—Daisaku Ikeda
- “Soul meets soul on lovers’ lips.”—Percy Bysshe Shelley
- “What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”—Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.”—Erma Bombeck
- “Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you’re offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone’s feelings.”—David Sedaris
- “The groom always smiles proudly because he’s convinced he’s accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she’s been able to convince him of it.”—Judith McNaught
- “A good marriage is like a casserole: only those responsible for it really know what goes in it.”
- “Marriage is like twirling a baton, turning a handspring, or eating with chopsticks: It looks easy until you try it.”—Helen Rowlan
- “Romance is the icing, but love is the cake.”
Meaningful Wedding Quotes
- “Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else.”—Jean Kerr
- “Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there. ”—George Burns
- “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it. ”—Elizabeth Evans
- “All my friends are getting married. I guess I’m just at that age where people give up.”—Amy Schumer
- “You can’t put a price tag on love. But if you could, I’d wait for it to go on sale.”—Hussein Nishah
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.”—Rita Rudner
- “Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need 10 years before you can call yourself a beginner.”—Jerry Seinfeld
- “If you can stay in love for more than two years, you’re on something.”—Fran Lebowitz
- “True love is the greatest thing, in the world, except for a nice MLT — mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe.”—The Princess Bride
- “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”—Dr. Seuss
- “An archeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.”—Agatha Christie
- “Let brotherly love continue.”—Hebrews
- “Is it love that makes the impossible possible? ”—Indian Proverb
- “Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance.”—Corinthians
- “Then the Lord God said, ‘It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.’”—Genesis
- “For as a young man marries a young woman, so shall your sons marry you, and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.”—Isaiah
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”—Rumi
- “Faith makes all things possible. Love makes all things easy. ”—Dwight Moody
- “Love is like a friendship caught on fire.”—Jeremy Taylor
No matter how hard it may get, don’t forget to remind each other about the love that you shared, the hard times, and the years that passed. And take these love quotes with you to have more courage on the way!