Every one of us needs peaceful times in our lives. Peaceful times can be do-nothing days, or times being with the ones we love,… Or simply, those are times when we immerse in reading/watching/listening to the things that we care about, such as reading these peace quotes.
These are the best from the collection of life quotes and love quotes, that aims to bring you some peace of mind. So, in your free time, spend some minutes patiently reading through these peaceful words and set a mood for yourself.
Best Peace Quotes
- “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.”– Quote from Albert Einstein
- “Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace.” – Amelia Earhart
- “It is my conviction that there is no way to peace – peace is the way.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.”– Dalai Lama
- “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.”– Dale Carnegie
- “People always make war when they say they love peace.” – D.H. Lawrence
- “Peace is more than the absence of war. Peace is accord. Harmony.” – Laini Taylor
- “Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.”– Robert J. Sawyer
- “Peace is not only better than war but infinitely more arduous.”– George Bernard Shaw
- “Peace begins when expectation ends.” – Sri Chinmoy
Forced and unwilling peace are harmful, because it creates no peace at all, but amplifies another war within oneself. And sooner or later, the unpleasantness would eventually cause another war. Which makes forcing a kind of delaying the war, rather than reconciling the differences.
Therefore, the only way to achieve peace is to calm down and sit down to talk. Only when we agree to point out clearly and discuss directly the differences. We will finally come to a win-win agreement.
Rather than the courage to stand up and fight with the differences, this courage quote is totally different. It is the courage to overcome our own ego, greed, and emotions to start living for the sake of everyone.
Once we excel in that courage, people will need another kind of courage. To start “stand up and fight” but softly and positively, towards a mutual agreement.
Thich Nhat Hanh is a Vietnamese monk who has changed thousands of lives because of his words, specifically in Vietnam. He has spent decades doing philanthropy works and preaching lessons to bring peace between humans.
This quote is his conviction that peace is the way and there is no way to peace if you keep looking for it. Peace lies in your everyday moments, actions if you attend to it.
- “Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.”– George Carlin
- “When you do the right thing, you get the feeling of peace and serenity associated with it. Do it again and again.”– Roy T. Bennett
- “I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it.”– Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- “Peace brings with it so many positive emotions that it is worth aiming for in all circumstances.”– Estella Eliot
- “Mankind must remember that peace is not God’s gift to his creatures; peace is our gift to each other.” – Elie Wiesel
- “Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time.”– Lyndon B. Johnson
- “Everywhere I have sought peace and not found it, except in a corner with a book.”– Thomas a Kempis
- “There is always a certain peace in being what one is, in being that completely.” – Ugo Betti
This peace quote is especially for those who have low self-esteem, are on a challenging period, or being a newbie in a group.
You may be in a position where you need to learn and listen more. To know and understand a new environment, in order to feel that you are a part of the group. Yes, that is a smart move, but don’t ever let it go past your own values. Such as moral rules, self-identity, and inner peace.
- “I think it’s naive to pray for world peace if we’re not going to change the form in which we live”– Godfrey Reggio
- “You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.”– Malcolm X
- “The quest for peace begins in the home, in the school and in the workplace.” – Silvia Cartwright
- “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.”– John F. Kennedy
- “Peace is not something you wish for, it is something you make, something you are, something you do, and something you give away.”– Robert Fulghum
- “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” – Michael Cunningham
- “If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.” – John Lennon
- “Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.”– Albert Schweitzer
- “Peace can become a lens through which you see the world. Be it. Live it. Radiate it out. Peace is an inside job.”– Wayne Dyer
On the journey of seeking inner peace, the first thing of all that we need to acknowledge is the message in this quote. Only you and yourself can bring you to the ultimate state of inner peace, through self-questioning, self-validation, etc.
Learn to appreciate your inner voice, trust in your opinions, and start understanding yourself better. Because peace doesn’t come from outside, peace comes from within.
- “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” – Siddhārtha Gautama
- “There is “what is” only when there is no comparison at all, and to live with what is, is to be peaceful.”– Bruce Lee
- “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.”– Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Forgiveness equals inner peace – more peaceful people equals more world peace.”– Richard Branson
- “Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.”– Ronald Reagan
- “Stress is a choice. So is inner peace.” – Lewis Howes
- “We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.”– Elizabeth Gilbert
- “The answer lies within ourselves. If we can’t find peace and happiness there, it’s not going to come from the outside.”– Tenzin Palmo
- “There is peace even in the storm.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Inner peace doesn’t come from getting what we want, but from remembering who we are.”– Marianne Williamson
- “Not one of us can rest, be happy, be at home, be at peace with ourselves, until we end hatred and division.”– John Lewis
Peace Quotes about War and Love
People often speak of “peace” easily. But it’s different when we try answering the question “How do you do to promote peace?”. Many of them rarely know something specific and clear to share.
Actually, that moment of peace lies within the times when you decide to start arguing or not. War would not have happened if people agree to sit down at a table and start sharing, negotiating calmly about their wants and needs.
- “We do not need guns and bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion.”– Mother Teresa‘s quotes.
- “We make war that we may live in peace.” – Aristotle
- “The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Peace is such hard work. Harder than war. It takes way more effort to forgive than to kill.”– Rae Carson
- “It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.”– Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love.”– St. Francis of Assisi
- “Yes, we love peace, but we are not willing to take wounds for it, as we are for war.”– John Holmes
- “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.”– Nelson Mandela
The absence of war has many meanings. It could be a form of an upcoming war or under-the-table war. Otherwise, peace is different. Peace is an agreement, which we put our efforts into building from mutual respect and shared benefits.
Therefore, peace is harmony, where two or more different perspectives together create a symphony. And that song sings of beautiful and beneficial notes for everyone who listens.
- “ If you want peace, stop fighting. If you want peace of mind, stop fighting with your thoughts.”– Peter McWilliams
- “Peace is the only battle worth waging.”– Albert Camus
- “True peace is not merely the absence of war, it is the presence of justice.”– Jane Addams
- “Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace.”– Martin Luther
- “Establishing lasting peace is the work of education; all politics can do is keep us out of war.”– Maria Montessori
- “It is not enough to win a war; it is more important to organize the peace.”– Aristotle
Peace Quotes For Yourself
Sometimes the best thing to solve a thing is to let it go and let time do its job.
Indeed, if you are tired of things that are happening, take a break. And it is even better if you know and can ignore the things that are out of your control. From the moment you acknowledge that you will start stepping in the great paths to inner peace.
- “Don’t search for anything except peace. Try to calm the mind. Everything else will come on its own.”– Baba Hari Das
- “They call it “peace of mind” but maybe it should be called “peace from mind”.”– Navil Ravikant
- “Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst.”– Lin Yutang
- “Sometimes you can find peace of mind by transferring yourself to different situations. They’re just reminders to stay calm.”– Yves Behar
- “For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.”– John Wooden
- “While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart.”– St Francis of Assisi
- “Learning to distance yourself from all the negativity is one of the greatest lessons to achieve inner peace.”– Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
- “The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace.”– Carlos Santana
- “Being relaxed, at peace with yourself, confident, emotionally neutral loose, and free-floating — these are the keys to successful performance in almost everything.”– Wayne Dyer
- “When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world.”– Maha Ghosananda
- “”You have peace,” the old woman said, “when you make it with yourself.””– Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven
- “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.”– Eckhart Tolle
- “Make peace with your past so it won’t destroy your present.” – Paulo Coelho
- “You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.”– J. Donald Walters
- “Go in the direction of where your peace is coming from.” – C. Joybell C.
Inspirational Quotes for Peace
Valuable things aren’t easy to achieve. It is the same for peace, as said in this peace quote.
Unlike war, which causes dozens of deaths and wastes endless natural resources, peace is war-free and brings positivity to everyone. But to really gain peace, inside oneself or between people, cultures, countries, it takes a lot of time. Maybe from decades to centuries. Therefore, be patient, the seeds take time to grow.
- “The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.”– C. Joybell C.
- “There is no ‘way to peace,’ there is only ‘peace.’”– Mahatma Gandhi
- “Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy and serenity.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.”– Buddha
- “If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Peace is liberty in tranquility.” – Marcus Tulius Cicero
- “The only peace is being out of earshot.” – Mason Cooley
- “When you can whip any man in the world, you never know peace.”– Muhammad Ali
- “If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present.”– Lao Tzu
- “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.”– Norman Vincent Peale
- “Do not be afraid to take a chance on peace, to teach peace, to live peace…Peace will be the last word of history.”– Pope John Paul II
“Peace begins when expectation ends.” – Sri Chinmoy
This peace quote will hit hard for those who have high expectations for themselves and their surroundings. When we use expectation at an adequate level, it gives us a sufficient amount of pressure to create good results.
However, when we overuse expectations, it causes extreme pressures and endless anxiety, which eliminate inner peace.
If you know yourself as a person like that, try to adjust your ambitions to gain long-term peace for your inner self.
- “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”– Jimi Hendrix
- “I still believe that peace and plenty and happiness can be worked out some way. I am a fool.”– Kurt Vonnegut, Jailbird
- “Peace is its own reward.”– Mahatma Gandhi
- “Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it.”– Thomas Jefferson
- “I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.”– Thomas Paine
- “He that would live in peace and at ease must not speak all he knows or all he sees.”– Benjamin Franklin
- “I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.”– Helen Keller
- “A people free to choose will always choose peace.” – Ronald Reagan
- “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don’t ever count on having both at once.”– Robert A. Heinlein
- “Be a peacemaker in everyday life. Display peace in everything you do. Be peace. Live in peace.”– Buddhist Proverb
- “Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations… entangling alliances with none.”– Thomas Jefferson
- “Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace.”– Buddha
- “Peace doesn’t require two people; it requires only one. It has to be you. The problem begins and ends there.”– Katie Byron
- “Let the peace of this day be here tomorrow when I wake up.”– Thomas Pynchon
- “Peace is always beautiful.” – Walt Whitman
- “It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf.”– Thomas Fuller
- “If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having.” – Henry Miller
- “What we need is Star Peace and not Star Wars.”– Mikhail Gorbachev
- “Peace isn’t an experience free of challenges, free of rough and smooth, it’s an experience that’s expansive enough to include all that arises without feeling threatened.”– Pema Chödrön
- “Peace has to be created, in order to be maintained. It will never be achieved by passivity and quietism.”– Dorothy Thompson
These peace quotes are the best words from the wisest people on earth. Who are well-known for excelling inner peace. They are the ones who have achieved both successes in the outside world and their inner world.
We hope this collection of peace quotes has found you well. It may bring you some peace of mind for a moment or a few times in a day. Use these quotes collectively as a reminder to remind yourself to take a break, listen to your body, and seek deeper inside your soul.