Mother Teresa is a great inspiration for a kind and meaningful life to millions of people around the world. We can find her selflessness and devotion not only in her activities but also in many Mother Teresa quotes.
Through these inspirational quotes, she taught us how to gain true happiness through practicing kindness. In her words, we can find positivity, love, and hope for a better world.
In her words, we can find an endless passion for life. That is why these quotes of Mother Teresa are very beautiful, touching and inspiring.
Mother Teresa Quotes about Life
- “Do not worry about why problems exist in the world – just respond to people’s needs.”
- “Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it.”
- “If each of us would only sweep our own doorstep, the whole World would be clean.”
- “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
- “Life is an adventure, dare it.”
- “God does not create poverty; we do, because we do not share.”
- “Life is a game, play it… Life is too precious, do not destroy it.”
- “The more you have, the more you are occupied, the less you give. But the less you have the more free you are. Poverty for us is a freedom. It is not mortification, a penance. It is joyful freedom. There is no television here, no this, no that. But we are perfectly happy.”
- “Together we can do great things.”
- “Be the living expression of God’s kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.”
- “At the heart of silence is prayer. At the heart of prayer is faith. At the heart of faith is life. At the heart of life is service.”
- “Some people come in our life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons.”
- “The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.”
- “Joy is prayer; joy is strength: joy is love; joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.”
- “Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness.”
Mother Teresa Quotes about Love
- “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.”
- “Jesus said love one another. He didn’t say love the whole world.”
- “Death is nothing else but going home to God, the bond of love will be unbroken for all eternity.”
- “I never look at the masses as my responsibility. I look at the individual. I can love only one person at a time. I can feed only one person at a time. Just one, one, one.”
- “If you can’t do great things, do little things with great love. If you can’t do them with great love, do them with a little love. If you can’t do them with a little love, do them anyway.”
- “Do ordinary things with extraordinary love.” – the short Mother Teresa Quotes.
- “We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty.”
- “Your true character is most accurately measured by how you treat those who can do ‘Nothing’ for you.”
- “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.”
- “There is a light in this world, a healing spirit more powerful than any darkness we may encounter. We sometimes lose sight of this force when there is suffering, too much pain. Then suddenly, the spirit will emerge through the lives of ordinary people who hear a call and answer in extraordinary ways.”
- “Doctors can heal the body, but it is music that uplifts the spirit.”
- “Love begins by taking care of the closest ones – the ones at home.”
- “Spread love everywhere you go; first of all in your house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.”
- “The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.”
- “If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives: Be kind anyway. If you are successful you will win some false friends and true enemies: Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank people will try to cheat you: Be honest anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight: Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous of you: Be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten by tomorrow: Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough: Give your best anyway.”
- “Go out into the world today and love the people you meet. Let your presence light new light in the hearts of people.”
- “People are generally irrational, unreasonable and selfish. They deserve to be loved, anyway.”
- “I try to give to the poor people for love what the rich could get for money. No, I wouldn’t touch a leper for a thousand pounds; yet I willingly cure him for the love of God.”
- “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
- “Do we know our poor people? Do we know the poor in our house, in our family? Perhaps they are not hungry for a piece of bread. Perhaps our children, husband, wife, are not hungry, or naked, or dispossessed, but are you sure there is no one there who feels unwanted, deprived of affection?”
Check more love quotes at:
Inspirational Mother Teresa Quotes
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”
- “Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.”
- “Smile at each other. Smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other – it doesn’t matter who it is – and that will help to grow up in greater love for each other.”
- “We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature – trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
- “Never be so busy as not to think of others.”
- “I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.”
- “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.”
- “I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now I know that prayer changes us, and we change things.”
- “Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.”
- “If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.”
- “If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.”
- “There is no key to happiness; the door is always open.”
- “Be kind to each other. It is better to commit faults with gentleness than to work miracles with unkindness.”
- “Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.”
- “Do you want to do something beautiful for God? There is a person who needs you. This is your chance.”
Mother Teresa set an example of how someone can spread her love to make this world better and better.
She devoted her life to helping the neediest and most vulnerable, teaching us the meaning and value of kindness.
She taught us that to change the world, we just need to love more and care more about people around us. It is helpful to keep Mother Teresa quotes as inspiration for our daily life.
These quotes can help us to become better, more loving people who live happily and meaningfully.