Christmas is a special occasion of the year to celebrate love, peace, and goodwill. To always remind ourselves about the true meaning of Christmas, we have a lot of heartwarming Christmas quotes.
These quotes below present the wisdom on how to really enjoy Christmas and keep its spirit throughout the year.
Christmas Quotes with beautiful images
“Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” – by Calvin Coolidge
We tend to think of Christmas as a date or a season. It is somehow true, but to think more carefully: can a season become Christmas without the Christmas spirit in the air?
That is why the heart of Christmas lies in the state of mind of everyone. We wait and embrace a special time and special season in the year with peace and goodwill. That is what makes a Christmas.
“The love at Christmas should be with us throughout the coming year.” – Quote by Lailah Gifty Akita
Christmas is special in the way it brings love and connects people. The magic of Christmas shows in how we become better with each other and love our life more.
We see people gather under the Christmas tree, exchange gifts, and love each other. We see people care to strangers and poor people on the street. That beautiful love should not only be for a time or a season, but for the whole year.
“It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.” – by W.T. Ellis
What makes a day become a Christmas? Christmas quotes reveal the answer: it comes from the heart. It is the joy and belief in every person that combines and builds up the Christmas spirit.
Every myth and story about this special occasion just enhances our belief in goodness, leading to our actions. And Christmas is all about goodwill and enjoyment that people feel about each other and about life.
“I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.” – Quote from Harlan Miller
Why are we so happy and in peace every Christmas? Because Christmas is filled with reunion, love and cheer.
Christmas comes with a wonderful spirit that distracts us from daily worries and disappointment. It is no surprise that anyone who has experienced the magical feeling of Christmas wants to carry it all year long too.
“Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” – by Janice Maeditere
One of the most familiar images in Christmas is when children get excited and open their presents. But as we grow up we come to realize that what is most precious is not the presents themselves.
It is the love and care behind those gifts that make Christmas special. Santa Claus’s gift to all of us is not something physical. It is the chance for us to open our hearts to exchange love with our close ones.
“Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united.” – Norman Vincent Peale
How special is Christmas? The best description for Christmas is the season of joy and happiness. Joy exists everywhere during Christmas weeks when we reunite with our families and exchange our greetings and gifts.
You can see the celebration spirit in all Christmas quotes, demonstrating happiness and belief in goodwill.
“The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” – by Burton Hills
Christmas is the season of gift. But the greatest gift of all that Christmas brings to us is its spirit. This is the occasion of a family reunion when people leave all their business outside of the home’s door.
And then, all the family gathers around in the living room, sharing their stories, hopes and support. Such a peaceful atmosphere can be hardly found on any occasions other than Christmas. And it makes Christmas such a magical time.
Heartwarming Christmas Quotes:
Don’t forget to also read these Easter quotes to share with your family and friends.
“At Christmas, all roads lead home.” -Short Christmas Quote by Marjorie Holmes
At Christmas, family is the most important thing in our mind. No matter how far we go and how busy we have always been, it is time to comes back home. It is when we come back to the fundamentals of our life, our beloved ones.
It is when there is no bunch of work that matters, but the warm lights in every house instead. Christmas is when we come home and surround ourselves with family love and support.
“One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” – Funny Christmas Quote by Andy Rooney
Some of the most precious moments in a person’s life happen on Christmas. Even the mess created on Christmas Eve with wrapping paper all over the floor and kids running around bring happiness.
“Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” – by Peg Bracken
To enjoy the Christmas holiday the most requires us to look beyond a casual time to rest. Christmas comes with a special spirit that if we can grab this chance, we can feel happy and energized.
Spend this time with our beloved ones, to do good deeds and to feel the magic of love covering the whole world. That is the true meaning of Christmas.
“Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” – by Edna Ferber
“I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” – by Charles Dickens
“Christmas is not a date. It is a state of mind.” – by Mary Ellen Chase
“Let’s be naughty and save Santa the trip. ” – by Gary Allan
“Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ” – by Norman Vincent Peale
“And know that I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.” – by Jesus Christ
“Christmas is joy, religious joy, an inner joy of light and peace.” – by Pope Francis
“Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.”
“Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.” – by Winston Churchill
“Happiness is everywhere our hands are busy with many tasks as carols fill the air.” – by Shirley Sallay
Check more quotes about Christmas below
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” – by Alexander Smith
- “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!” – by Hamilton Wright Mabie
- “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” – Christmas Quote from Ruth Carter Stapleton
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” – by Burton Hillis
- “I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.” – by Shirley Temple
- “Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both.” – Heartwarming Christmas Quote by Phillips Brooks.
- “Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don’t quite know how to put our love into words.” – by Harlan Miller
- “For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.” – by W. J. Tucker
- “Mankind is a great, an immense family. This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas.” – Famous Christmas Quotes by Pope John XXIII
- “I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another, it’s about the Christian ethic, it’s about kindness.” – by Carrie Fisher
- “Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his present remembered.” – by Phyllis Diller
You may also like these Famous Christmas Quotes
- “Love the giver more than the gift.” – by Brigham Young
- “Christmas is forever, not for just one day,for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.The good you do for others is good you do yourself.” – by Norman Wesley
- “Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient and always to be kind.” – Quoted by Helen Steiner Rice.
- “November is auspicious in so many parts of the country: the rice harvest is already in, the weather starts to cool, and the festive glow which precedes Christmas has began to brighten the landscape. “
- “Want to keep Christ in Christmas? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive the guilty, welcome the unwanted, care for the ill, love your enemies, and do unto others as you would have done unto you.” – by Steve Maraboli
- “Teacher says every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.” – Shor Christmas Quotes by Zuzu Bailey
- “What I don’t like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day. ” – by Phyllis Diller
- “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.” – by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “I’m in love, I’m in Love, I’m on love, and I don’t care who knows it!” – by Buddy the Elf
- “May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.”
- “Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.” – by Victor Borge
- “I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note saying: “Toys not included!” – Quote by Bernard Manning
Summary about Christmas Quotes
Christmas is more than myths, gifts, and traditions. It is a state of mind that celebrates life and wants to implement goodwill that is the true soul of Christmas.
Christmas quotes are meaningful and inspirational in the way they reveal the secret of Christmas and how we can enjoy it properly. Moreover, we can see love, joy, hope, and wishes hidden in these quotes.
And the most important wish is that we can carry the Christmas spirit to the whole year long, all celebration and appreciation for life.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!