Let’s think about the meaning of this Thanksgiving day with my favorite Thanksgiving quotes.
The best Thanksgiving Quotes
“Forever on Thanksgiving Day; The heart will find the pathway home” – Wilbur D. Nesbit
Traditionally, on this day, when a cold winter comes, the whole family will gather and have dinner together.
That is a simple thing with during childhood, right? But with adults, it is a precious occasion.
As Wilbur Nesbit said, not only humans but also hearts come back home.
“Thankfulness is measured by the number of words. Gratitude is measured by the nature of our actions.” – David O. McKay
I couldn’t completely understand this Thanksgiving quotes when I read it in for the first time.
But when I heard a disabled boy talking about his biggest dream, wishing that he could walk and run, everything changed for me.
I was so emotional, felt grateful, almost not able to describe by words. And now I know, as this quote says, I thank God for having a meaning in life.
“Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action” – W.J. Cameron
Study well to thank your parents. Reduce waste, protect wild animals and be grateful to nature.
Try to help more people to discover their what they are grateful for. These actions are the best way to show your gratefulness.
“A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude.” – Bruce Wilkinson
Right now in this moment, when you look around you can realize that you are lucky because you are not starving, you have a job, a house, a warm bed, you have a home.
Right? And then think about your troubles, they are not as big as they seemed to be before, right? The world is changing when you are grateful.
“Thanksgiving just gets me all warm and tingly and all kinds of the wonderful inside.” – Willard Scott
This Thanksgiving quote described all of my feelings of gratitude. Don’t be afraid, try my suggestions and you will feel it too.
“The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become” – Thanksgiving quotes by Robert Holden.
I always say that gratitude moments are magic moments. They make me feel happier.
It feels like you give a gift and you receive one at the same time. You truly live your own life to the fullest when feeling like this.
“The more we express thanks, the more gratitude we feel. The more gratitude we feel, the more we express thanks. It’s circular, and it leads to a happier life.” – Steve Goodier
That’s true. It is circular. And you should remember that when you say thanks from your heart, that is when genuine happiness appears.
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John Fitzgerald Kennedy’s Thanksgiving quote.
“Live by them”, let’s become the person who is generous, always cares and helps others.
The world will have one more wonderful person, it will be more beautiful thanks to empathy and happy hearts.
“Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have” – Quoted by Catherine Pulsifer.
Out of all my Thanksgiving quotes, I love this one the most.
When you really know the meaning of Thanksgiving Day, you will agree with me that even though it comes only once a year, we should say ‘Thanks’ every day.
“Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” – the short thanksgiving quotes of Nigel Hamilton.
This is the reason why I write about this topic. When we sit together, read and know Thanksgiving Day’s meaning. Feel the happiness it brings to our hearts.
Happy Thanksgiving Quotes
“He who thanks but with the lips Thanks but in part; The full, the true Thanksgiving Comes from the heart.”- J.A. Shedd
“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” – Maya Angelou
“Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.” – Seneca
“Be thankful for what you have. Your life is someone else’s fairy tale.” – Wale Ayeni.
“Thanksgiving is a joyous invitation to shower the world with love and gratitude.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
“Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” – W.T. Purkiser
“Family gathers to share good noise and good food. Gratitude abounds.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
“Thanksgiving isn’t just a day. It’s a way we can live our lives every day” – Katrina Mayer
“If you think about a Thanksgiving dinner, it’s really like making a large chicken.” – Ina Garten
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
More Quotes for Thanksgiving day
- “Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings” – J. Robert Moskin.
- “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips and shows itself in deeds.” – Theodore Roosevelt.
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson.
- “Thanksgiving is an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often.” – Johnny Carson’s Thanksgiving quote.
- “Remember God’s bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in the light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude!” – Henry Ward Beecher.
- “Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude” – E.P. Powell.
- “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all the other virtues” – Cicero.
- “Thanksgiving is the holiday that encompasses all others. All of them, from Martin Luther King Day to Arbor Day to Christmas to Valentine’s Day, are in one way or another about being thankful.” – Jonathan Safran Foer.
- “Once you start practicing being grateful and thankful for things, people, and events, you may notice that you start to attract more positive things, people, and events in your life.” – Stephanie Conkle.
Nowadays, we often think that everything we have is always here we take everything for granted. This makes me feel uneasy and sad a bit.
When we get mad, when something doesn’t work out as we expected, we forget to smile when seeing a flower, when hearing the voice of a bird. We forget that we are luckier than most of the people who can’t see, can’t hear, can’t live.
Saying Thanks is not difficult. Now, let’s put your hand to your heart, say thanks to your life, your parents, to God for everything you have.
Then stand up and say your thanks by actions, do something good for this world and trust me, it will make you happy. Happy Thanksgiving Day with our Thanksgiving quotes collection!