One of the greatest movements in
These quotes are motivational because they come from experiences of the most successful and influential women.
It was never an easy path to go against all discriminations that had been long established. They walked a hard way, overcame adversities and inspired women everywhere to stand up for their rights.
And thus, with their words as inspiration, we can believe in more and more success for women in the future.
Related quotes: Women’s Day quotes
Inspirational Strong Women Quotes
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” – Melinda Gates
- “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the ability to create, nurture, and transform.” – Diane Mariechild
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
- “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou
- “I raise up my voice – not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard…we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
- “I always wanted to be a femme fatale. Even when I was a young girl, I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman.” – Diane von Furstenberg
- “Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.” – Mae Jemison
- “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” – Helen Keller
- “Women are the real architects of society.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Human rights are women’s rights and women’s rights are human rights, once and for all.” – Hillary Clinton
- “In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story–I will.” – Amy Schumer
- “Buckle up, and know that it’s going to be a tremendous amount of work, but embrace it.” – Tory Burch
Strong Women Quotes from the Famous
- “To all the little girls who are watching, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.” – Hillary Clinton in her 2016 concession speech.
- “Women are always saying,’We can do anything that men can do’ but men should be saying,’We can do anything that women can do.'” – Gloria Steinem.
- “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.” – Maya Angelou
- “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” – G.D. Anderson
- “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” – Amelia Earhart
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Words have power. TV has power. My pen has power.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
- “I am a Woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal Woman, that’s me.” – Maya Angelou
- “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be. ” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” – Rihanna in the March 2017.
- “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made… It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is.” – Anne Frank
- “A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life, to be thankful for a good one.” – Marjorie Kinnan
- “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.” – Audre Lorde
Motivational Women Quotes
- “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” – Madonna
- “You don’t have to be pretty. You don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don’t owe it to your mother, you don’t owe it to your children, you don’t owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked ‘female.'” – Erin McKean
- “I know for sure that what we dwell on is what we become.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not making decisions.” – Catherine Cook
- “The more I have spoken about feminism, the more I have realized that fighting for women’s rights has too often become synonymous with man-hating. If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that this has to stop.” – Emma Watson
- “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “It needs to be said and heard: it’s OK to be who you are.” – Hailee Steinfeld
- “You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself.” – Ethel Barrymore
- “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
- “A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Sally Berger
- “I think the best role models for women are people who are fruitfully and confidently themselves, who bring light into the world.” – Meryl Streep
- “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning how to sail my ship.” – Mary Louise Alcott
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” – Beyoncé
- “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” – J.K. Rowling
- “When there are no ceilings, the sky’s the limit. So let’s keep going — let’s keep going until every one of the 161 million women and girls across America has the opportunity she deserves to have.” – Hillary Clinton
- “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ” – Katharine Hepburn
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion with one’s courage.” – Anaïs Nin
- “No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back.” – Kamala Harris
Women are not weak; quite the contrary, we are extremely strong.
Women have the power and perseverance to achieve great things, just like men.
The important key is that we realize the strength we naturally possess and use it for what we believe in. Throughout this road, hard times are sure to happen.
We may need more motivation and inspiration from successful role models. Those are when strong women quotes will come to help us regain belief in ourselves.
With encouragement from these motivation quotes, we will be mentally equipped better to cope with difficulties and construct our own lives.