Love is the most important feeling which creates the meaning of life. It is the endless inspiration for many of the greatest novels, poems,
Even with that, it is still impossible to fully describe love, or fully understand it. Words seem to fall short when it comes to express this strong feeling of us towards each other.
However, words, as compact and meaningful as in short love quotes, can help to strengthen the bonds between lovers.
Let’s look at a collection of the most heartfelt quotes that express the feeling of love beautifully.
“My paradise is you.” – The romantic short love quotes
We all fight for something in life: fame, wealth, success…
We claim that they will make us happy; they will build us a paradise. The surprising thing is that paradise can appear right here right now if you make your life meaningful.
And love is what makes life meaningful – love unlocks the key to paradise. We find happiness, fulfillment, and peace in our own paradise – our loved ones.
“I didn’t believe in love at all before I met you!”
It is hard to say and feel the love before you are hit by this feeling. Someone who has never felt in love will likely have doubt about the power of it.
Is it that important and necessary? Short love quotes say yes, but the point is you need to feel it yourself.
As soon as you find the one you love, you will start to believe in love, also known as the beauty of life.
“I love you. I am at rest with you. I have come home.” by Dorothy L. Sayers
How does it feel to love someone? It is so complicated that writers, musicians, and artists can spend their whole life and all creations to describe it.
But meanwhile, it can also be as simple as the feeling of coming home.
When you are with your loved ones, you feel safe and warm, you feel at rest and at peace.
Love has the power to build a home in your heart no matter where you go.
“Love is a trap. When it appears, we see only its light, not its shadows.” by Paulo Coehlo
Everything has two sides, and the same holds true to love. Love, as fancy as it looks and sounds, also contains pains and sufferings.
When we fall in this trap called love, we tend to focus on its flower and ignore its potential darkness.
Experienced people tell the truth in short love quotes: love also has its shadow.
And preparing to be hurt and broken down is also the way you prepare to enjoy love in its entire beauty.
“Real love is able to awaken your soul.”
Life troubles and every day’s routines are easy to make our souls sleep.
We forget how to be amazed by little beauties in life and how to treasure every moment.
But with real love, our souls will be awakened once again. Love has magic to make our hearts beat faster and our mind is more open.
Suddenly we will notice how beautiful the world around us is and how happy and meaningful life can be.
“There is more pleasure in loving than in being beloved.” Thomas Fuller’s short love quotes
Love is a story of two people. You love and you are loved.
Indeed, when you are receiving love, you also receive gifts, care and anything the other one is willing to give you.
This feeling of being appreciated and treasure is good, but the feeling of loving and giving is even better.
Love is rewarding when it comes from your heart and turns into your action. You give happiness, and you receive happiness too.
“Love is an adventure: don’t be afraid of falling in love.”
Short love quotes tell us a bitter truth: love is not a smooth and linear road; it is an adventure.
Loving someone and you must be ready to experience ups and downs, happiness and sadness. This adventure is full of the unexpected, which can make you scared and hesitate to walk in.
But don’t be afraid, as it is the most inspiring and rewarding adventure you will have. Enjoy both of its good and bad times, and you will know the nature and meaning of life.
“Love isn’t about the time you spend together. It’s about the memories you create.”
When you are in love, you want to be with your chosen one all the time. Sometimes you can do it, but sometimes life separates you two with its difficulties.
However, the amount of time you have is not that important.
In the end, what matters the most is the happy and fulfilled moments you create together.
Using your time wisely to create meaningful moments is the way to strengthen and enjoy your love.
“Love itself is nothing. But love between two people is everything.”
Love only means something if it involves two people. You will have no understanding or need for it if you only look at the word “love”.
Before you love someone, this feeling seems strange to you.
But when you have fallen in love, it is everything to you. You think about it, your heart beats for it, and it paints your life with color and sound.
“I am like a flower, which cannot live without the sun: I also cannot live without your love.”
A flower cannot survive, not to mention grow, without the sun. It may sound like an exaggeration, but lovers know it the best: they cannot live without each other’s love.
Love is certainly essential for our life, but for lovers, this feeling is as crucial as the air.
Without love, life is hard to be imagined, just like without the sun, every species cannot continue existing.
Short Love Quotes with romantic images
“If music be the food of love, play on.” by William Shakespeare
“You are my true love at first sight and forever.” by Unknown
“What is love? It is the morning and the evening star.” by Sinclair Lewis
“Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.” by William Shakespeare
“All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.”
Beautiful short love quotes for her and for him
- “Eternity is in love with the productions of time” by William Blake
- “Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.”
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” by William Shakespeare
- “You are not my love‚ You are my life.”
- “Everything I needed to feel happy was love. I met you, and now I need nothing.”
- “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” by Arthur Rubinstein
- “If you love it enough, anything will talk with you.” by George Washington Carver
- “I promise I will love you till the end.”
- “If love is a serious mental disease, I’m completely out of my mind.”
- “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” by Antoine de Saint
- “Love is a better master than duty.” by Albert Einstein
- “If your love is true, you know all faults of the person, but they are unimportant to you.” by Unknown
- “Love’s gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted.” by Rabindranath Tagore
- “My love for him will live even when I die. It`s really timeless.”
- “Speak low, if you speak love.” by William Shakespeare
- “Stand by your man. Give him two arms to cling to and something warm to come to.” by Tammy Wynette
- “This better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all.” by Alfred Tennyson
- “A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him.” by Brendan Francis
- “I know for sure, you are not my boyfriend. You are my angel.”
- “Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality.” by Emily Dickinson
- “We accept the love we think we deserve.” by Stephen Chbosky
More short Quotes about Love
- “You smile, I smile. That’s how it works.”
- “I like the game, which people call love: playing in it, we are winners together.”
- “You’re not only my love‚ you’re my air, and I cannot live without you.”
- “We love the things we love for what they are.” by Robert Frost
- “When love is at its best, one loves so much that he cannot forget.” by Helen Hunt Jackson
- “Love loves to love love.” by James Joyce
- “When you are in love, the world around you is a paradise. When you lose your love, you hate this paradise.”
- “Without your love, I need nothing. With your love, I have everything.”
- “You look super cute when you smile.”
- “Love is always only your choice. Never listen to the views if you really love.”
- “I know you, and I can openly say how love looks like.” by Unknown
- “Love is complicated. Not all people are managed to meet this challenge of life.”
- “I love you a
lottle, its like a little but a lot.”
- “If thou must love me, let it be for naught except for love’s sake only.” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Final Thought from meaningful short love quotes
Love is not something to be explained, but something to be felt. No matter how hard we try, we cannot find enough words to capture the feeling of love.
That is why love is beautiful, magical and mysterious. On top of it, love is the crucial part which creates the meaning of our life.
Once you have fallen in love, it is hard to imagine how you had lived your life before.
Love needs to be treasured and strengthened, and one way to do it is to use short love quotes.
In contrary to long writing, these quotes are short but compact, conveying the authentic feeling of love.
They can be used to express your thoughts to the one you love. And they can also be used as ingredients to make your love even more romantic and meaningful.