If you ever wonder what unconditional love looks like, watch a dog’s attitude toward its owner. And you may learn what is the purest and warmest sentiment from our canine friends. We’re here to provide you the best dog quotes, so you can comprehend why dogs are man’s best friend.
You may not know, dogs are the most emotional animals second only to humans. Loyalty and submission are the most prominent traits of this adorable animal.
Read all our favorite Dog quotes to learn more about this special animal!
Best Dog Quotes
“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” – Josh Billings.
Dogs are special animals. They are special because of the ability to empathize and understand human emotions. Even when the two don’t share the same language, our four-legged friends understand us better than we do ourselves.
And only the most sincere and pure love can make them love their owners more than themselves. Isn’t a dog too great?
“Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.” – Kinky Friedman.
Probably only dog lovers can understand how the dog creates a fresh and vibrant atmosphere for everyone around.
They are energetic, obedient, and playful animals, they always know how to give us a sense of joy. And wherever this animal is, do you feel bright and cheerful energy?
This dog quote may be suitable for you to keep as a slogan for dog lovers. Or stick it wherever you want the dog to be respected.
The love of the owner is what keeps our four-legged friend so energetic all the time.
“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts”
There have been many true stories about brave dogs, willing to make indecisive sacrifices to protect their owners.
It is impossible not to mention the story of the dog Greyfriars Bobby guarding the owner’s grave for 14 years until it dies. Or the story of legendary Hachiko, waiting for his owner every day at the pier.
The image of these dogs has been made into a monument, made into a movie by humans, worthy of any hero honored.
And there are still countless other dogs not mentioned here, but the love of these furry friends has been widely recognized.
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” – Will Rogers.
There’ll be days when you are depressed, but you come home and your furry friend still welcomes you happily. As if nothing happened, and you are the only one your dog has been waiting for.
In everyone’s eyes, you may not be the best. But in your dog’s eyes, you are always the best thing to them.
“Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” – Orhan Pamuk.
Our little canine friends still convey non-verbal messages to us, have you ever pay attention to them?
Your dog always shows you his language, through a multitude of signs. It could be the eye contact, the tail wagging, the barking sound.
Dog quotes want you to remember that, even though dogs can’t speak, they still want to communicate with humans.
“You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog.” – Harry Truman.
In the race to become an adult, you may indeed lose many friends. There are many reasons why people always say that being an adult must go through loneliness.
Perhaps in a friendship relationship, both sides have different egos and opinions that might hard for the other to accept. Everyone wants their egos to listen, so a soulful friendship is really hard to come true.
This dog quote can work best when suddenly one day you need a friend. A lovely furry friend, willing to listen to all your emotions and loves you no less than a human.
“Everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong.” – W.R. Purche.
The truth is, no matter what that dog is, they have a lot of help for humans. Dogs were the first animals domesticated by humans. Originally domesticated to help humans look after livestock, but eventually became one of the pets. human’s favorite.
Dogs are a gift from heaven to mankind. This dog quote is an affirmation that all dogs are angels.
“My cats inspire me daily. They inspire me to get a dog!” – Greg Curtis.
There are two types of people in this world, one is cat lovers, the other is dog lovers. Both of these adorable animals have mostly contradictory personalities.
But if you are an extrovert, energetic, and have companionship, maybe you should choose to have a puppy.
Meaningful Dog Quotes For Dog Lovers
- “Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ” – Roger A. Caras
- “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” – Charles de Gaulle
- “It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.” – John Grogan
- “To err is human — to forgive, canine.” – A short dog quote.
- “The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
- “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” – Mark Twain
- “If dogs could talk, perhaps we would find it as hard to get along with them as we do with people.” – Capek
- “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.” – Samuel Butler
- “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” – M.K. Clinton
- “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” – Woodrow Wilson.
“There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” – Ben Williams
If you are a dog’s owner, you will surely understand that happiness is just simple and peaceful. Like there’s always someone waiting for you to come home, crazily excited when you get home.
Having a puppy is probably also an effective remedy in this modern society. When you are bored, you can take your dog for a walk, or sit still and cuddle with your dog. These famous puppy quotes help your mind improve significantly.
- “Dogs are great. Bad dogs, if you can really call them that, are perhaps the greatest of them all.” – John Grogan quotes about Dogs.
- “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you feel rich.” – Louis Sabin
- “Old dogs, like old shoes, are comfortable. They might be a bit out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well.” – Bonnie Wilcox
- “In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.” – Edward Hoagland
- “Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.” – Ann Landers
- “My little dog – a heartbeat at my feet.” – Dog saying from Edith Wharton.
- “Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends.” – Alexander Pope
- “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn’t even know we had.” – Thom Jones
- “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as much as the dog does.” – Christopher Morley
- “Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mailman is not to be trusted” – Sian Ford
Check More Dog Quotes and Sayings
- “A dog desires affection more than its dinner. Well – almost.” – Charlotte Gray
- “A well-trained dog will make no attempt to share your lunch. He will just make you feel so guilty that you cannot enjoy it.” – Helen Thomson
- “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures. They give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.” – Dog love quote of Gilda Radner.
- “Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog. It merely expands the heart.”
- “Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.” – Gene Hill
- “I care not for a man’s religion whose dog and cat are not better for it.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “What do dogs do on their day off? Can’t lie around – that’s their job!” – George Carlin
- “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.” – Andy Rooney
- “I’ve seen a look in dogs’ eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts.” – John Steinbeck.
“Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Turnbull.
Our adorable dogs have a much shorter lifespan than humans. The pain will come one day, he cannot go with us for a lifetime.
But they make our lives the wholesome
They shine and are filled with positive, playful energy. They are always with us whether we are rich or poor, whether we are healthy or sick. And that’s the best thing we should cherish.
- “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not men.” – Mark Twain sayings about the dog.
- “If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail.” – Fran Lebowitz
- “I’m a lot less cranky when it’s just me and my dog.” – Bob Peterson
- “If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals.” – Albert Einstein
- “My idea of absolute happiness is to be in bed on a rainy day with my blankie, my cat, and my dog.” – Anne Lamott
- “The poor dog, in life the firmest friend. The first to welcome, foremost to defend.” – Lord Byron
- “When an 85-pound mammal licks your tears away and then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.” – Kristan Higgins
- “I have caught more ills from people sneezing over me and giving me virus infections than from kissing dogs.” – Barbara Woodhouse
- “It’s tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won’t drink from my glass.” – Rodney Dangerfield
- “There is no faith which has never yet been broken except that of a truly faithful dog.” – Konrad Lorenz
Sometimes, we cannot fully express our thoughts about dogs, and the most emotional dog quotes here will leave us in the clearness of this sentiment.
Dogs teach us a great lesson about unconditional love. They give everything they have and don’t require anything in return. Dogs are a dream come true that all of us wish to have.
Dogs have made a positive contribution to today’s society. And these adorable little friends deserve to be honored as one of man’s greatest friends. As they have the best qualities we would ever wish to have in a friend.