Every man needs his wisdom to strive and to thrive in life. However, sometimes wisdom quotes can be a good source of energy for us, especially when life gets a little bit harder.
Among us, no one can assure that he/she has enough wit to cope with every situation that they may encounter in life. Some of us are born with the potential to be wise people, some of us don’t. However, all of us need time and life experiences to hone our life skills and to live a life that we will not regret.
Have you ever regretted something that you didn’t do? Or something that you did or didn’t say? If you are looking for some pieces of advice, or encouragement to be better at coping with life, read through these wisdom quotes and find for yourself a good bowl of “chicken soup for the soul”.
Keep reading these posts:
Motivational Quotes That Encourage You To Achieve Success
Happy Life Quotes and Sayings
Best Wisdom Quotes with images and their meaning
“Every next level of your life will demand a different you.”
This is actually one of the wisest wisdom quotes because it mentions the belief that inside each of us, different versions are waiting to be found.
This not only encourages us to think out of the box, to renew ourselves and upgrade our experiences. But also confirm a fact that we will need to be flexible in different circumstances in order to be successful and happy in life.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” – Carl Jung
This is a deep quote emphasizing the importance of self-acknowledgment. Apparently, those who look outside will always be hypnotized by the glorious, fanciful of all the things in life. Therefore, the dreams of earning it all will occupy their mind.
However, those who look inside are the ones who understand themselves best. They know their strengths and weaknesses, their gifts and flaws. That’s why they will collectively choose what to dream and what are the things that best suit their life.
Carl Jung’s wisdom quote is reminding all of us to stop looking outside but inside, and live for quality rather than quantity.
“The scariest moment is always just before you start.” – Stephen King’s wisdom quote.
Indeed, this quote is especially applicable to those who think before they do. For ones who are thinkers, masterminds, sometimes they can get a little overthinking, and their thoughts would drown their motivation for actions.
If you are such a person and you are already aware of your thinking habits, remember to apply this wisdom quote. Every fear will be washed away at the moment when you start doing it.
“The wisest men follow their own direction.” – Euripides
These are indeed pioneers in life. Pioneers are the people who first establish/do/lead something/someone to a whole new direction that has never been explored/invented before. But, to be a pioneer, you do not only need to be wise, but you also need to be brave. Be brave to think out of the box, and be brave to walk the path that no one has ever walked before.
If you are that wise and you have enough courage to follow your own direction, don’t hesitate! The whole new era is waiting for you to explore.
“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Each and every experience that we encounter in life is valuable and priceless for its own good. Even though it can be hurtful, tearful, or bring you melancholy for a long time,…
Don’t worry, because you are still alive. And once you are alive, there are hopes in every moment. You can be sad at this moment, and be happy at the next, or even you can experience both in one.
Life is a miracle, and what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Therefore, if you are sad, don’t worry, because you still have another day to live!
“I exist as I am, that is enough.” – Walt Whitman
Another kind of wisdom is to know who you are and love the way yourself is. This wisdom quote is a reminder of those ever preaching quotes that push people to try hard to be smart. Sometimes, smart people are the ones who know that they are enough, they are smart enough to don’t have to prove themselves to anyone.
People once said, “You cannot judge a fish by climbing a tree, and a monkey by swimming in the ocean”. Sometimes, you just need to believe that you have your own kind of wisdom and that is enough.
“Pain or love or danger makes you real again.” – Jack Kerouac
Pain – love – danger – 3 things that have the power to make your heart tremble and your steps stumble. If you are living a life that lacks these three things, you may feel that you are living a safe but plain life.
Isn’t that our life is built on those scariest, hurtful, happiest moments that passed by? Therefore, pain, love, and danger, may be scary, but they are the things that make you feel alive. This is one of the most favorable quotes that remind us that life is beautiful.
“Begin, be bold, and venture to be wise.” – Horace
Among the wisdom quotes, Horace’s quote is a gentle reminder for us to start living for a better self.
Humans are creatures who are filled with dreams. And to really live up to our dreams, we need to begin and be bold.
Once you have the courage to take the first step, the motivation to take the next steps will become much easier. That’s why he said “venture to be wise”, take your first step and your venture will begin.
Favorite Wisdom Quotes
- “If you can imagine it, we can make it.” – John Dykstra
- “Little by little, one travels far.” – R. R. Tolkien
- “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Please all, and you will please none.” – Aesop
- “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.” – William Shakespeare’s wisdom quote.
- “Great things never came from comfort zones.” – Neil Strauss
- “Paths are made by walking.” – Franz Kafka
- “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” –
- “Learn to sell. Learn to build. If you can do both, you will be unstoppable.” – Naval Ravikant
- “From error to error one discovers the entire truth.” – Sigmund Freud
- “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
An epic quote from Oscar Wilde encourages people to be their authentic version. This has been a favorite wisdom quote for young people, as it encourages them to think differently, boldly, and authentically.
Simple, but memorable – everyone else is already taken, so be your authentic self in this beautiful life.
- “Learn to be calm and you will always be happy.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “It will be the toughest thing you’ll ever do, but your heart is never wrong.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels
- “Diligence is the mother of good fortune.” – Miguel de Cervantes
- “Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Say no to instant gratification so you can say yes to massive long-term gains.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “You are the person you have been waiting for.” – Joe Dispenza
- “Begin now to be what you will be hereafter.” – Saint Jerome
- “Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer.” – Dan Brown.
These wisdom quotes are different levels of intellect and are encouraging different kinds of intellect. The quotes motivate us to think boldly, differently and also motivate us to take action.
Motivational Wisdom Quotes
- “The brain is wider than the sky.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
- “If you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else.” – Toni Morrison
- “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were doing to do anyway.” – Robert Downey Jr
- “Individuals search for truth, groups search for consensus.” – Naval Ravikant wisdom saying.
- “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” – B. Yeats
- “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
- “I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between.” – Sylvia Plath
- “When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.” – Joe Namath
- “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn.
“You make your own luck if you stay at it long enough.” – Naval Ravikant
The quote of Naval Ravikant emphasizes the persistence and perseverance for one to be himself/herself. It encourages us to stay who we are, even if people dislike or show hatred.
Because when you are yourself long enough, your characters and results will echo your name among the crowd. Isn’t that the best way to demonstrate your signature to everyone else?
- “Understand: you are one of a kind. Your character traits are a kind of chemical mix that will never be repeated in history. There are ideas unique to you, a specific rhythm and perspective that are your strengths, not your weaknesses. You must not be afraid of your uniqueness.” – Robert Greene
- “If you’re willing to bleed a little every day, you may win big later.” – Naval Ravikant
- “Extreme people get extreme results.” – Sam Altman
- “We have to do the best we are capable of. This is our sacred human responsibility.” – Wisdom quote from Albert Einstein
- “Take your time, play the long game, embrace the boring, the difficulties, the uncomfortable. This is how it will happen.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it.” – Horace
- “I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.” – Jack London
- “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” – Scott Fitzgerald
Moreover, the list also combines directions and orientations for those who are seeking ways to show their authentic selves. Pick one of the above wisdom quotes to accompany you along your journey of life.