Education is always a very inspirational task in life. No matter who you are, what your nationality is, we all inherit the most meaningful educational background. By the way, let’s go through our most favorite teacher quotes to see and understand the responsibility of teachers.
All knowledge, insights, or perspective needs an effective method itself to fathom. And teaching might be the best as well as the hardest way to deliver. For that, a good teacher is not only good at imparting knowledge but also inspires their student to learn.
Teacher Quotes meaning and images
“The most important part of teaching is to teach what it is to know.” – Simone Weil.
One plus one equals two, or the Earth orbits the sun. Those are the things that we learned in school. But there are other forms of knowledge that when expanded, we know that is not that simple.
Any knowledge or concept, when transferred to others, has already lost part of its accuracy. Simply, nothing is accurate.
Teaching has such a great influence on our perception. And the teacher quotes also reflect one thing that teachers play a tremendous role in life.
“Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.” – Josef Albers.
Teaching is not only about re-expressing the knowledge. It is more about how the teachers show their students the method to find the answers themselves.
Truth is not always unchangeable. Things rotate over time, yet the knowledge as we know it can also deform over a walk of changes. A good teacher is someone who can illuminate students’ logical and reasoning abilities rather than merely reselling the answers.
“Teaching is the essential profession, the one that makes all professions possible.” – David Haselkorn.
Like it or lump it, we must admit that there’s not many people appreciate the importance of teaching. Self-study is undoubtedly a good human virtue, but not many of us inherit that value of personality. Science, history or geography,.. contains countless necessary knowledge. On the contrary, teaching is just a tool for humans to absorb that knowledge in the longer term.
These teacher quotes might in time alarm you to seek for a great and inspiring teacher to not go astray.
“The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” – Mark Van Doren.
Each of us is the greatest journey in life that we need to explore. All of us are students, striving to learn and pass the lessons of life.
And we all need to give ourselves a teacher, to be a guide to the life that we choose to go.
Teaching is the art of this school life. This teacher quote may blow your mind for how valuable this job furnishing us.
“To me, the sole hope of human salvation lies in teaching.” – George Bernard Shaw.
The fluctuations in modern society, plus natural disasters and epidemics, have caused political confusion and a great impact on education. And education issues have also arisen stronger.
For that we know, the efforts of the teachers at this moment are essential. Where students behave inappropriately, be confused with society, and lose their sense of direction, that’s when teachers appear as trustees.
“Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater.” – Gail Godwin.
We have always found that learning is as if it were only in schools, classes, and lectures. Looking closer, we will know that behind those lectures are studies, preparations, and hard practices that teachers put in.
Good teachers not only create good lesson plans but also knows how to nurture intellectual and moral values.
“The teacher’s task is to initiate the learning process and then get out of the way.” – John Warren.
As mentioned above, teaching is not about giving answers, nor is it simply about imparting knowledge. Rather, it gives us the feeling of wanting to learn everything.
A good teacher quote like this awakes us and signals us to not go into the stereotype paths of the teaching anymore.
“What greater joy can a teacher feel than to witness a child’s success?” – Michelle L. Graham
Many great scientists, painters, and composers in the world have been born and made great contributions to the world. But it was not that they were born naturally geniuses, but it was a long process to become a genius.
All of them have their own instructors and teachers behind those successes. And the success of any student is worthy of mentioning the names of the teachers who taught them.
“Effective teaching may be the hardest job there is.” – William Glasser.
Knowledge is like food for souls. We always want to consume the greenest and cleanest foods. And so is knowledge. The things we put into our bodies represent who we are.
A good teacher is someone who selectively knows the best and most necessary to deliver to his students. Helping students to format and develop their forte is the greatest success in the teacher’s life.
Teacher Quotes to Motivate Educators
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Good teaching must be slow enough so that it is not confusing, and fast enough so that it is not boring.” – Sidney J. Harris
- “In an effective classroom, students should not only know what they are doing, but they should also know why and how.” – Harry Wong
- “The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught as that every child should be given the wish to learn.” – John Lubbock
- “The need for imagination, as a sense of truth, and as a feeling of responsibility — these are the three forces which are the very nerve of education.” – Rudolf Steiner
- “Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as a valuable gift and not as a hard duty.” – Albert Einstein quotes
- “Teaching is an instinctual art, mindful of potential, craving of realizations, a pausing, seamless process.” – A. Bartlett Giamatti
- “In teaching, you cannot see the fruit of a day’s work. It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years.” – Jacques Barzun’s quote.
- “The greatest use of a life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” – William James.
“Kids don’t remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are.” – Jim Henson.
When a child first goes to school, they learn after the behavior of people around than the knowledge from books. Therefore, good teachers are those who make our students respect due to proper lifestyle and sincere concern. Caring may be the initial motivation and encouragement for students to move forward.
- “Thirty-one chances. Thirty-one futures, our futures. It’s an almost psychotic feeling, believing that part of their lives belongs to me. Everything they become, I also become. And everything about me, they helped to create.” – Esme Raji Codell
- “Teachers are people who start things they never see finished, and for which they never get thanks until it is too late.” – Max Forman
- “Teachers, who educate children, deserve more honor than parents, who merely gave them birth; for the latter provided mere life, while the former ensured a good life.” – Aristotle
- “The best education is not given to students; it is drawn out of them.” – The best teacher quotes from Gerald Belcher.
- “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
- “The test of a good teacher is not how many questions he can ask his pupils that they will answer readily, but how many questions he inspires them to ask which he finds it hard to answer.” – Alice Wellington Rollins
- “It must be remembered that the purpose of education is not to fill the minds of students with facts…it is to teach them to think, if that is possible, and always to think for themselves.” – Robert Hutchins
- “A pro is someone who can do great work when he doesn’t feel like it.” – Alastair Cook
- “Education…is a painful, continual, and difficult work to be done in kindness, by watching, by warning…by praise, but above all, by example.” – John Ruskin
- “Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.” – Jacques Barzun’s short teacher quotes.
Education career has always been the top concern of all generations. In the future, teaching and education themes like this are likely to be hotter than ever. Because we should know that, when everything is constantly evolving, it is essential that you also make yourself rise forward. That is the laws of the theory of evolution.
Wise Teacher Sayings
- “Teaching is the only major occupation…for which we have not developed tools that make an average person capable of competence and performance. In teaching, we rely on the naturals, the ones who somehow know how to teach.” – Peter Drucker
- “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.” – Haim Ginott
- “We can, whenever and wherever we choose, successfully teach all children whose schooling is of interest to us. We already know more than we need to know to do that. Whether or not we do it must finally depend on how we feel about the fact we haven’t so far.” – Ron Edmonds
- “Teaching is the perpetual end and office of all things. Teaching, instruction is the main design that shines through the sky and earth.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes about teaching.
- “The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds to satisfy it afterward; curiosity itself can be vivid and wholesome only in proportion as the mind is contented and happy.” – Anatole France
- “Benevolence alone will not make a teacher, nor will learning alone do it. The gift of teaching is a peculiar talent and implies a need and a craving in the teacher himself.” – John Jay Chapman
- “One of the beauties of teaching is that there is no limit to one’s growth as a teacher, just as there is no knowing beforehand how much your students can learn.” – Herbert Kohl
- “Teaching is truth mediated by personality.” – The meaningful teacher quote from Phyllis Brooks.
- “I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.” – John Steinbeck.
“A teacher affects eternity; he [or she] can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry B. Adams.
A person’s thoughts throughout a lifetime are most affected during pre-adulthood. Everything they learn and acquire in this stage will be carried on to the next stages in life. From work to career, to choosing a partner and building a family. So a good and dedicated teacher can be a treasure you can find in your life.
These teacher quotes may startle you at how important a teacher has on a person’s life.
- “I entered the classroom with the conviction that it was crucial for me and every other student to be an active participant, not a passive consumer…education that connects the will to know with the will to become.” – Bell Hooks
- “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm Forbes
- “Among the many purposes of schooling, four stand out to us as having special moral value: to love and care, to serve, to empower and, of course, to learn.” – Andy Hargreaves and Michael Fullan
- “The most important function of education at any level is to develop the personality of the individual and the significance of his life to himself and others. This is the basic architecture of a life; the rest is ornamentation and decoration of the structure.” – Grayson Kirk
- “No one has yet fully realized the wealth of sympathy, kindness, and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure.” – Emma Goldman’s teacher sayings.
- “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” – Colleen Wilcox
- “The object of teaching a child is to enable him [or her] to get along without his [or her] teacher.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Any genuine teaching will result, if successful, in someone’s knowing how to bring about a better condition of things than existed earlier.” – John Dewey
- “The ability to think straight, some knowledge of the past, some vision of the future, some skill to do useful service, some urge to fit that service into the well-being of the community — these are the most vital things education must try to produce.” – Virginia Gildersleeve
- “Education is much more than a matter of imparting the knowledge and skills by which narrow goals are achieved. It is also about opening the child’s eyes to the needs and rights of others.” – Dalai Lama’s teacher quotes.
- “One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is a vital element for the growing plant and the soul of the child.” – Carl Jung
Knowledge is an invaluable treasure of humanity. And keeping knowledge from generation to generation is the responsibility of every one of us. And the privilege of teachers is even more important than ever.