Independence Day is coming near, and it is time for us to celebrate freedom. Independence Day quotes are inspiring because they motivate us to fight for freedom and equality.
These are among the most important things in human life, but not everyone can have. No one wants to be enslaved by the others; all of us dream about freedom.
But what exactly is freedom and what it requires to be free? Let’s find out the answers from some of the most motivational quotes about Independence Day.
Inspiring Independence Day Quotes
- “Liberty is the breath of life to nations.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Freedom is never free.” – The meaningful Independence Day quotes.
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” – FDR
- “Freedom’s natal day is here. Fire the guns and shout for freedom, See the flag above unfurled!” – Florence A. Jones
- “Hail the stars and stripes forever, Dearest flag in all the world.” – Florence A. Jones
- “Without freedom, no one really has a name.” – Milton Acorda
- “Freedom is the oxygen of the soul.” – Moshe Dayan
- “It is sweet to serve one’s country by deeds, and it is not absurd to serve her by words.” – Sallust
- “Freedom lies in being bold.” – Robert Frost
- “I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.” – Voltaire
- “Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick
- “Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.” – General John Stark
- “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” – Orwell
- “My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular.”
- “When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.” – John Basil Barnhill
- “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.” – William Faulkner
- “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
- “Freedom is not enough.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
- “And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free.” – Lee Greenwood
- “Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.” – John Dickinson
- “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal…” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men, and so it must be daily earned and refreshed.” – DDE
- “Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.” – Ben Franklin
- “May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country!” – Daniel Webster
- “How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of!” – Thomas Jefferson
Happy Independence day quotes with images
- “Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.” – Albert Camus
- “Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.” – Bob Marley
- “Liberties aren’t given, they are taken.” – Aldous Huxley
- “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” – James Madison
- “My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue.”
- “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” – Ronald Reagan
- “The American Revolution was a beginning, not a consummation.” – Woodrow Wilson
- “Let freedom never perish in your hands.” – Joseph Addison
- “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.” – H.L. Mencken
- “I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.” – Rousseau
- “Man is not free unless government is limited.” – Ronald Reagan
- “This, then, is the state of the union: free and restless, growing and full of hope.” – LBJ
- “He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition.” – Thomas Paine
- “For what avail the plough or sail, or land or life, if freedom fail?” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” – Thomas Paine
- “It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.”
- “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “All we have of freedom, all we use or know, This our fathers bought for us long and long ago.” – Kipling
- “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “I wish that every human life might be pure transparent freedom.” – Simone de Beauvoir
- “We fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy.” – Paul Sweeney
- “From every mountain side, Let Freedom ring.” – Samuel F. Smith
- “Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.” – Marquis de Lafayette
As you can see, independence and equality for everyone are not easy to achieve. We have been through a long history of slavery and wars before we can reach today’s state of freedom.
That is why we need to treasure the freedom we have and try to maintain it in daily life. Independence Day quotes provide not only a means of celebrating Independence Day but also a source of motivation.
They remind us of the past, teach us the true meaning of liberty, and encourage us to practice freedom. With the inspiration from these quotes, we will be more determined to fight for our beliefs and live our lives freely.