These Happy Father’s Day quotes can help you put your feelings to words to telling your dad how much he means to you.
No father will be able to resist giving his kids a hug after hearing these special sayings.
Finding the right quotes to describe how grateful you are to be able to call your father “Dad” can be difficult, so now, tell him how spectacular he is by sharing one of these meaningful Father’s Day quotes.
Happy Father’s Day Quotes
A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely. In the hour of need, when all else fails, we remember him upon whose knees we sat when children, and who soothed our sorrows; and even though he may be unable to assist us, his mere presence serves to comfort and strengthen us.
“One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters. Happy Father’s Day”
“The imprint of a father remains forever on the life of the child.” – Roy Lessin
“It is a wise father that knows his own child.” – William Shakespeare
“A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you.” – Dimitri the Stoneheart
- “My Father’s Day gift to you is letting you pretend to be in charge of the family for a day.”
- “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.” – Emily Dickinson
- “It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father. Happy Fathers Day!” – Barack Obama
- “I’m a father; that’s what matters most. Nothing matters more.”
- “A happy family is a reflection of a good father and a loving husband.”
“Thanks for being my wise guru and wisecracking adviser!” – Happy Father’s Day Quotes.
- “Fatherhood is a marathon, not a sprint.” – Paul L. Lewis
- “Good fathers do three things: they provide, they nurture and they guide.” – Father quotes from Roland Warren.
- “My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future. Happy Father’s Day!” – Liza Minnelli
- “I never knew how much I loved your daddy until I saw how much he loved you.” – Dad quotes from daughter.
- “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” – Sigmund Freud
- “A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.”
Father’s Day inspirational quotes
“A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow. Happy Fathers Day!”
“The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.” – Dan Pearce
“My father has always provided me a safe place to land and a hard place from which to launch.” – Chelsea Clinton
“It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.” – Anne Sexton
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.”
- “Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.” – Anthony Brandt
- “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.” – Dave Attell
- “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” – Happy Father’s Day quotes from Billy Graham.
- “The nature of fatherhood is that you’re doing something that you’re unqualified to do, and then you become qualified when you do it.” – John Green
“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
- “Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest source of achievement, pride, and inspiration. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back, and taught me how to be a better person.” – Naveen Jain
- “Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.” – Frank Abagnale
- “I always thought you’d make a great dad. Now, I know it. Happy Father’s Day to an amazing husband.”
- “My father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.” – Spike Milligan
- “What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard by posterity.” – Jean-Paul
Father’s Day Quotes from Daughters
Pick one of the quotes below from daughters and make his day extra special.
“A girl’s first true love is her father.” – Marisol Santiago
“A father’s smile has been known to light up a child’s entire day.” – Susan Gale
- “Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world.” – John Mayer
- “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.” – Harper Lee
- “No music is so pleasant to my ears as that word―father.” – Lydia Maria Child
- “To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter. Happy Father’s Day!” – Euripides
- “A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.” – Enid Bagnold
- “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father.” – Michael Ratnadeepak
“Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing father.”
- “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” – Fathers’ day quotes from Fanny Fern.
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” – Tim Russert
- “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back. Happy Father’s Day!” – Linda Poindexter
- “There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years, it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.” – John Gregory Brown
Happy Father’s Day Quotes from Son
“Every son quotes his father, in words and in deeds.” – Terri Guillemets
“A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.” – Knights of Pythagoras
- “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.”
- “Great fathers don’t find fault. Great fathers find solutions.” – Reed Markham
- “No man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much. Happy Father’s Day!” – Hedy Lamarr
- “When you need real understanding, when you need someone to care, when you need someone to guide you … A father’s always there.” – Thomas J. Langley.
Check these Father and Son quotes to know about the special bond between them.
“When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son. Happy Father’s Day!” – The Talmud
- “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” – Steve Martin
- “There will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father.” – Alison Lohman
- “There is nothing that moves a loving father’s soul quite like his child’s cry.” – Joni Eareckson Tada
- “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” – John Sinor
Funny Quotes for Father’s Day
“Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows.” – Al Unser
“A father is a banker provided by nature.” – French proverb
- “You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life, because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out.” – Jerry Seinfeld
- “You don’t have to deserve your mother’s love. You have to deserve your father’s. He’s more particular.” – Robert Frost funny father’s day quotes.
- “A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” – Frank A. Clark
“My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it. Happy Father’s Day!” – Clarence Budington Kelland
- “Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow.” – Reed Markham
- “A good father is one whose only reason for putting down a laughing baby is to pick up a crying one.” – Linda Poindexter
- “A father’s words are like a thermostat that sets the temperature in the house.” – Paul Lewis
- “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” – Charles Wadsworth.
- “I talk and talk and talk, and I haven’t taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week.” – Mario Cuomo
- “The greatest thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” – Anjaneth Garcia Untalan