Popular by the name “The Dark Knight”, Batman has long been one of the most famous characters in the DC universe. For all the Batman fanatics out there, we’ve got a fantastic collection of Batman quotes.
These movies quotes are by none other than the Caped Crusader and his admirers. Certainly, these are going to fill your hearts with the courage to take the world by storm. And, just like Batman has proven his prowess to the world, these quotes inspire you to do the same.
Fantastic Batman Quotes from Movies
“I’m the goddamn Batman.” – Frank Miller
“Batman is easily my most favorite character beside Spawn.” – Todd McFarlane
“It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.” – Batman
“Batman was human. He had no powers. He stood next to Gods and said, “I handle my city.” – Scott Snyder.
“I have one power. I never give up.” – Batman
- “Perhaps the knife was too slow.” – Batman
- “Criminals are like weeds, Alfred; pull one up, another grows in its place.”
- “People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy.” – Batman
- “Sometimes it’s only madness that makes us what we are.”
- “If I have to have a past, then I prefer it to be multiple choice.” – Batman
The Batman series is a great piece of art by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger. They have undoubtedly brought out numerous shades of Bruce Wayne very beautifully.
Be it his unmoved motivation to establish justice or stern determination to achieve physical and mental strength, all these aspects are portrayed heroically in the movie. Go through these amazing dialogues by Batman characters and relive the experience of watching Batman from up close.
Iconic Batman Quotes with images
“Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Batman
“Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, then always be Batman.”
- “Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded” – Batman
- “Justice is balance. You burned my house and left me for dead. Consider us even. ” – Ra’s Al Ghul.
- “You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” – Harvey Dent.
- “Bruce…if you turn yourself in, they’re not gonna let us be together.” – Rachel Dawes.
- “Alfred: Hmf. I suppose you’ll take up flying next, like that fellow in Metropolis.” – Frank Miller, Batman.
Even after so many years of Batman coming into existence, the series continues to gain popularity among its enthusiasts. These Batman Quotes give a glance at how mystifying the hero is.
Fans never get bored of collecting comic books, video games, and merchandise that feature the Dark Knight.
Batman Quotes from Comics
“Sometimes the truth isn’t good enough, sometimes people need more.”
“Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” – Batman
- “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple as reassuring putting a coat on a young boy’s shoulders.” – Batman.
- “All men have limits. They learn what they are and learn not to exceed them. I ignore mine”
- “Fear clears the mind. Panic clouds it.” – Marie Lu, Batman
- “Bats frighten me. It’s time my enemies share my dread.”
- “Tell me where the trigger is, then you have my permission to die.” – Batman
- “I’m whatever Gotham needs me to be.”
- “Desire becomes surrender. Surrender becomes power.” – The Joker
- “This city just showed you that it’s full of people ready to believe in good.” – Batman
- “You cannot lead these men unless you are prepared to do what is necessary to defeat evil.”
- “I respect the mind’s power over the body. It’s why I do what I do.”
These awesome quotes call us out to take a moment to appreciate the formidable superhero that Batman is. His out-of-the-world physical and mental agility, coupled with the coolest gadgets, make him way ahead of his time.
Deep Batman Quotes
Share these dialogues with Batman buffs, allowing them to get lost in the mysterious world of Batman.
- “Say, what’s the question mark for? Sexual identity?” – Dan Slott, Arkham Asylum
- “The antidote to joy is dread.” – Sam Hamm, Batman: Blind Justice
- “Does Batman ever NOT have a plan…?” – Mark Waid, Kingdom Come #2
- “We must not remind them that giants walk the Earth.” – Frank Miller.
- “This city just showed you that it’s full of people ready to believe in good.” – Batman/Bruce Wayne
- “I’m thinking of killing everyone whose name is a palindrome” – Dan Slott, Arkham Asylum
- “I won’t kill you, but I don’t I have to save you.” – Batman
- “You don’t get heaven or hell. Do you know the only reward you get for being Batman? You get to be Batman.” – Neil Gaiman, Batman
- “Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You’ve eaten Gotham’s wealth. Its spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on…none of you are safe.” – Frank Miller.
- “Batman: a force of chaos in my world of perfect order. The dark side of the Soviet dream. Rumored to be a thousand murdered dissidents, they said he was a ghost. A walking dead man. A symbol of rebellion that would never fade as long as the system survived. Anarchy in black.” – Mark Millar, Superman.
- “If you can carry it to the top of the mountain you may find what you were looking for in the first place.” – Batman.
“I wear a mask. And that mask, it’s not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.”
- “But I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief until the memory of your loved ones is just poison in your veins. And one day you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed, so you’d be spared your pain.”? Christopher Nolan.
- “’Show some respect. They were your grandparents.’ ‘Just names and dusty frames on the wall to me.’ ‘I take exception to that. There is not a speck of dust collecting on those portraits.’” – Peter J. Tomasi, Batman, and Robin.
- “[At his parents’ graves] I’ve brought a young man — a boy, actually — to stay at the house. He’s … lost his parents at roughly the same age that I … That I lost you. I don’t know what will happen. I don’t see myself as any sort of father figure. But … I think I can make a difference in his life.” – Jeph Loeb.
- “Gotham may have lost its king and queen, Bruce, but it could still have its prince” – Geoff Johns.
- “And yes, it all might end at any moment for any of us, in violence or not, but what matters is what we do before that. The lives we lead.” – Scott Snyder.
- “Batman’s not a hero. He’s a complicated character. I don’t think I could ever play a real hero — there’s always got to be something a little bit wrong. I think it’s because one of my eyes is smaller than the other one.” – Robert Pattinson.
- “There are no heroes and there are no villains. There are just opposing points of view. That’s all history is… the viscously long battle between world views. And eventually -Finally- no matter how much it may hurt, Truth wins out. Every. Damn. Time.” – Peter J. Tomasi, Batman.