Rain always brings us a lot of thoughts and emotions. Every time the rain comes, we always have a very special mood which is difficult to describe in words. Let us help you name those undefined emotions with a compilation of the best rain quotes.
When it suddenly rains outside, we certainly want to pause for a moment and focus our attention on them. They can bring us coolness on summer days, or coldness on winter days. And no matter what the weather, rain still appears to erase all sadness in us.
Best Rain Quotes
- “Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” – Bill Watterson
- “I love the smell of rain, and I love the sound of the ocean waves.” – Amy Purdy
- “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.” – Sorin Cerinpai
- “Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.” – William Shakespeare
- “Rain didn’t make things messy. People did that all on their own.” – Barbara Delinsky
- “I like it when it rains hard. It sounds like white noise everywhere, which is like silence but not empty.” – Mark Haddon
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” – Rumi
The rain is gentle and cool, but at times it is also thorny and cold. For a thing, it is like a kind of energy-releasing of our beloved Earth. Similarly, we do want to release our physical emotions to balance our moods.
This rain quote reminds you to nurture yourself with the most positive things like the rain nourishes the earth.
“Crying in the rain. No one sees your tears and your pain gets washed away.”
Have you ever experienced the feeling that something really bad happens and all of a sudden it starts to rain? That’s it, bad lucks always rolls to us at the same time.
But if you’re an optimist, you’ll find that everything comes in order to release all your remaining negativity. And after the rain, the sun shines again. Hope certainly remains as long as you are still moving forward.
“Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.” – Roger Miller
Sometimes we wonder, why does the rain appears at the right time when we’re so moody. Maybe you have experienced the feeling that when you are really apathetic and it suddenly rains? At that time, your sadness could be multiplying many times.
That’s how the weather affects our mood. The only thing we can do is choose to turn those negative emotions into positive ones. Will we walk in the rain or dance happily enjoying the raindrops? It all depends on how you choose.
“Nothing reminds us of an awakening more than rain.” – Dejan Stojanovic
The rain watered the arid lands, soothed our torments. One thing is for sure, all of us have the most unforgettable memories of the rain. And later on, every time it rains, those memories appear in our minds.
The rain washes away the old things, and also brings out the new and most special in each of us. They help us feel as if we were revived once more with more vitality than ever before.
- “Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.” – Vladimir Nabokov
- “As rain falls equally on the just and the unjust, do not burden your heart with judgments but rain your kindness equally on all.” – Buddha
- “Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.” – Susan Ertz
- “There is nothing quite like the smell of rain on a grass field after a sunny spell.” – Fuad Alakbarov
- “A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning.” – James Dickey
- “Rain slips through your fingers as easily as words blow away in the wind, and yet it has the power to destroy your whole world.” – Karen Maitland,
- “It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.” – Dave Barry
- “The richness of the rain made me feel safe and protected; I have always considered the rain to be healing—a blanket—the comfort of a friend. Without at least some rain in any given day, or at least a cloud or two on the horizon, I feel overwhelmed by the information of sunlight and yearn for the vital, muffling gift of falling water.” – Douglas Coupland
“Rain has always given me an inexplicable joy.” – P.A. Bien
Surely that indefinable feeling usually appears when the rain comes. Rain always makes us recall old memories, and try to piece them together into an incomplete picture. But the more you try to piece together, the more disjointed the picture becomes. Because sometimes, what we do is just enjoy the mess like how we enjoy the cool rain outside.
This rain quote will probably be very suitable for your new status line. Let everyone know that the rain makes you ponder, but it’s also fun to sink into those unexplainable thoughts.
- “Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before – more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle.” – Charles Dickens
- “A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.” – Mark Twain
- “Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots.” – Frank A. Clark
- “And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “God uses broken things. It takes broken soil to produce a crop, broken clouds to give rain, broken grain to give bread, broken bread to give strength. It is Peter, weeping bitterly, who returns to greater power than ever.” – Vance Havner
- “How often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.” – William C. Faulkner
- “Solitude is the soil in which genius is planted, creativity grows, and legends bloom; faith in oneself is the rain that cultivates a hero to endure the storm, and bare the genesis of a new world, a new forest.” – Mike Norton
- “There is solace and a certain stoical peace in blaming everything on the rain.” – Ken Kesey
- “If you’re lucky, and a building succeeds, the real product has many more dimensions than you can ever imagine. You have the sun, the light, the rain, the birds, the feel.” – Peter Zumthor
- “A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long.” – E. E. Cummings
- “The summer sun was not meant for boys like me. Boys like me belonged to the rain.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!” – Dolly Parton
Life has always taught us one thing, things don’t come naturally. Just like if you have never suffered a certain thing, then you can enjoy the wonderful feeling of happiness. Understanding this, you will no longer be afraid of failure or suffering. You will see life with more generous eyes like the way God brings us a rainbow after every rain.
You may also like Rainbow quotes.
- “Your heart is like a great river after a long spell of rain, spilling over its banks.” – Haruki Murakami
- “If I were the rain… that binds together the Earth and the sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle. . . Would I be able to bind two hearts together?” – Tite Kubo
- “After three days men grow weary, of a wench, a guest, and weather rainy.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.” – Langston Hughes
- “If a few minutes of suffering could make me so angry, what would years of it do? Even a stone can be worn down with enough rain.” – Arthur Golden
- “I feel I stand in a desert with my hands outstretched, and you are raining down upon me.” – Patricia Highsmith
- “Never apologize for how you feel. No one can control how they feel. The sun doesn’t apologize for being the sun. The rain doesn’t say sorry for falling. Feelings just are” – Iain S. Thomas
- “But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand.” – Jerome K. Jerome
- “The rain is falling ever harder and all I can hear is the sound of the water. I’m drenched but I can’t move.” – Paulo Coelho
- “And maybe it’s foolish of me to save up for a rainy day in a world of desert sand, but I’ve lived, and worked, through enough rainy days to feel the need to save up for an umbrella.” – Dean F. Wilson
Rain Quotes About Love And Pain
“After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here.” – Walt Disney
Someone said that bad days build better days. Indeed, this cycle of life exists and is constantly moving. And life is a series of days of sadness, joy, anger, and empathy. All of this happens for you to prepare yourself to gain the reward at the bottom of the tunnel.
- “Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.” – William Shakespeare
- “I want to believe that I’m not wrong. I want to believe that life isn’t full of darkness. Even if storms come to pass, the sun will shine again. No matter how painful and hard the rain may beat down on me.” – Natsuki Takaya
- “When we love each other we are immortal and indestructible like the heartbeat and the rain and the wind.” – Erich Maria Remarque
- “Oh, come forth into the storm and rout and be my love in the rain.” – Robert Frost
- “Love like rain, can nourish from above, drenching couples with soaking joy.” – Mitch Albom
- “Let your pain teach you, how to dance in the rain.” – Thandazo Perfect
- “I love informality the way the soil loves rain.” – Marty Rubin
- “Through all the rain and the pain, you gotta keep your sense of humor.” – Tupac Shakur
- “One can find so many pains when the rain is falling.” – John Steinbeck
- “Love is like the rain. It comes in a drizzle sometimes. Then it starts pouring and if you’re not careful it will drown you.” – Edwidge Danticat
- “I love the smell of rain and growing things.” – Serina Hernandez
Dancing In The Rain
“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
Life always has unexpected and unpredictable events waiting for us at some point. Without any exceptions, each of us has to go up and down in order to be more mature.
Acceptance is also a thing that we should learn when facing hardships and difficulties. Because without those things, we will never practice and improve ourselves. Only when you go through the rain, you do understand that dancing in the rain is also a joy.
- “Life isn’t how to survive the storm, it’s about how to dance in the rain.” – Taylor Swift
- “May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know it’s beauty all the days of your life.” – Apache Blessing
- “Life isn’t finding shelter in the storm. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon
- “You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.” – Bob Marely
- “Into each life some rain must fall” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Those who hate rain hate life.” – Dejan Stojanovic
- “Sometimes I have loved the peacefulness of an ordinary Sunday. It is like standing in a newly planted garden after a warm rain. You can feel the silent and invisible life.” – Marilynne Robinson
- “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
- “If you truly get in touch with a piece of carrot, you get in touch with the soil, the rain, the sunshine. You get in touch with Mother Earth and eating in such a way, you feel in touch with true life, your roots, and that is meditation. If we chew every morsel of our food in that way we become grateful and when you are grateful, you are happy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Rain, rain, rain. Like a benediction from some vast inscrutable hand, long withheld, finally given. The blessed, wonderful rain. For rain meant grass, and grass was life.” – Colleen McCullough.
Rain Inspirational Quotes
“It takes sunshine and rain to make a rainbow. There would be no rainbows without sunshine and rain.” – Roy T. Bennett
Rainbows are made of raindrops and sunlight, and especially must be in the right conditions. We all used to be extremely happy when we saw the rainbows appear after the rain. Indeed, it is like a gift, or perhaps a miracle that God gives us after the cold rain. Because life is full of miracles, so there is a colorful rainbow.
Let this inspiring rain quote helps you and your beloved ones to have faith and be fearless to strive forward!
- “Many a man curses the rain that falls upon his head, and knows not that it brings abundance to drive away the hunger.” – Saint Basil
- “For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “The storm starts, when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Everything is more beautiful in the rain. Don’t ask me why. But it’s like this whole other realm of opportunity.” – Penelope Douglas
- “No person has the right to rain on your dreams.” – Marian Wright Edelman
- “From where we stand the rain seems random. If we could stand somewhere else, we would see the order in it.” – Tony Hillerman
- “Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.” – Langston Hughes
- “Look at the rain long enough, with no thoughts in your head, and you gradually feel your body falling loose, shaking free of the world of reality. Rain has the power to hypnotize.” – Haruki Murakami
- “Rain is good for me. I feel like I achieve clarity actually when it rains. The longer I have to sit and wait, the clearer my game becomes to me.” – Venus Williams
- “I don’t believe in pessimism. If something doesn’t come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it’s going to rain, it will.” – Clint Eastwood
- “For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “No one can possess a sunset like the one we saw that evening. Just as no one can possess an afternoon of rain beating against the window, or serenity of a sleeping child, or the magical moment when the waves break on the rocks. No one can possess the beautiful things in this Earth, but we can know them and love them.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Sunshine is beautiful when it’s after a rain. If it’s sunshine every day then it starts burning you. So we need both rain and sunshine in our lives to value their importance and welcome rainbows in our lives” – Meeran W. Malik
- “My mom says that when it rains you never feel like you should be anywhere but home.” – Elise Broach
- “The rain fluctuates between drizzle and torrential. It messes with your mind. It makes you think things will always be like this, never getting better, always letting you down right when you thought the worst was over.” – Susane Colasanti
- “The rain puts me in a daze. A daze that pulls me away into the worlds I’ve made.” – Kaylee Stepkoski
- “You can’t stop time. You can’t capture light. You can only turn your face up and let it rain down.” – Kim Edwards
- “Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” – John Ruskin
- “For the sight of the angry weather saddens my soul and the sight of the town, sitting like a bereaved mother beneath layers of ice, oppresses my heart.” – Kahlil Gibrán
- “Rain makes me feel less alone. All rain is, is a cloud- falling apart, and pouring its shattered pieces down on top of you. It makes me feel good to know I’m not the only thing that falls apart. It makes me feel better to know other things in nature can shatter.” – Lone Alaskan Gypsy
- “Thunderstorms are as much our friends as the sunshine.” – Criss Jami
“Without rain, there is no life.” – Jerry Yang
People often say that you must go through the sunny days to know how to love the rainy days. Sunshine always gives us energy and revival, but it comforts us when we feel weak. The rain that comes after a series of hot and dry days is like a gift from God to us.
It soaks the earth, watering all living things and comforting us all like a mother. So, this rain quote questions us whether we could live without those wonderful rains.
- “You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” – Denzel Washington
- “God is in the rain.” – Alan Moore
- “I am like the rain: I go where I’m needed.” – Alejandro Jodorowsky
- “I’ve always found the rain very calming.” – Venus Williams
- “Predicting rain doesn’t count. Building arks does.” – Warren Buffett
- “Singing in the rain. I’m singing in the rain. And it’s such a glorious feeling.” – David Levithan
- “When the rain comes expect a blessing to follow!” – Positively Sherry
- “A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves.” – Marcel Proust
- “If people were like rain, I was like drizzle and she was a hurricane.” – John Green
- “I don’t just wish you rain, Beloved – I wish you the beauty of storms.” – John Geddes
- “God is a cloud from which rain fell.” – Dejan Stojanovic
- “You don’t save a pitcher for tomorrow. Tomorrow it may rain.” – Leo Durocher
- “August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.” – Sylvia Plath
- “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses.” – George Eliot
The special thing about rains is that they bring up old scents, feelings, and memories in a very strong way. On a rainy day, drink a cup of tea, read these rain quotes, and let them wash away your sorrows. Whether happy or sad, the rain also helps you increase your emotions in the strongest way.
Remind you no matter how busy you are, make time to take care of your thoughts and nurture your emotions. Because living without emotions is like a sea of the desert without a drop of rain. It will not be a waste of your time if you read more about our romantic quotes and nature quotes topics. Cause the most obvious thing is that rain feeds nature and nourishes our emotions.