Nature has always been the source of life, the inspiration for life. And nature quotes are a source of motivation for humans to look deep into their soul and their existence.
Nobody in the world can deny the power of nature. And none of us can ever refuse to acknowledge the great impact of nature upon our lives.
Mother nature gives us everything we have, she teaches us everything we need to know about the world, and she makes us Us.
It is never a waste of time to indulge yourself in the beauty of nature and the gratitude towards it. So, enjoy your time reading our nature quotes below and get yourself be inspired.
Best Nature Quotes (meaning and images)
“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein has always been the figure of the wisdom of humankind. This nature quote of him indeed concludes his everlasting method to explore the world. It is, looking deep into nature.
When you understand how the universe functions, you will understand greater questions. Such as: “Who am I?” and “Why am I here for?”. Because by understanding the broad picture, you will start to know about the details that are entailed in it.
Try and listen to the greatest physicist of all time, you will know!
“I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.” – Frank Lloyd Wright.
This nature quote can be a favorite quote for those who are atheistic. To atheists, there is no “the almighty force” or “the Messiah”. There are only physical nature and everything that created it. Such as Newton’s theory of universal gravitation or Einstein’s theory of relativity.
Mother nature is the only “force” that shaped the earth, brought life to it, and nurturing the prosperity of humankind. If you agree with Frank Lloyd, you are absolutely a realist.
“One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” – William Shakespeare quotes.
With his way of poetic expressions, William Shakespeare had described the power of nature. That is thanks to nature, it has made our world a family, a big family with cultures and relations.
Indeed, due to the differences between continents and climates, we – humans have created various types of beliefs, cultures, and religions. With nature’s resource abundance, humans live and breed. And by this, we continue creating the story of life. Nature has always been and always will be humankind’s source of inspiration.
“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” – Lao Tzu.
This quote of Lao Tzu has implied an ever-lasting rule of life. Time carries on and things will fall into place, eventually.
Nature does not hurry. Sprouts take time to grow, the moon takes time to wax and wane. Similarly, a spring quote once said “No winter lasts. forever, no spring skips its turn”.
Listen to this nature quote and take a deep breath. You needn’t be in a hurry, because things will get accomplished, eventually.
“Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.” – Henry David Thoreau.
With this text, the author is mentioning the sky above our heads and the land under our feet. Apparently, with Henry, heaven is nowhere far away. But it is right here, the sky and the land that is around us all.
This message shows the gratitude and appreciation of the author. That to him, heaven is on earth. Earth is the thing that we are all looking for. And only those who love and cherish this life, have the chance to see heaven.
“Colors are the smiles of nature.” – Leigh Hunt.
This colorful quote has sprung into our minds the beautiful colors of nature at the first sight. It lets us focus on the beauty of nature and remind us of what has always been there, waiting for us to admire.
The beauty of nature has always been there, all around us and waiting for us to explore. The metaphor of nature’s smile is creating a heartfelt feeling. This allows us to imagine mother nature is smiling at us, with her wide-open arms and colorful, exotic gifts awaiting.
“Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’” – Robin Williams.
Indeed, spring is the time for everyone to celebrate because it is the time when life blooms. In the spring, the sprouts grow with breath-taking speed, the eggs hatch, and the offspring learn to fly.
Spring is the time for nature to party. And aren’t humans belong to nature? Let’s party in the spring, because it is the time of vitality and growth.
Keep reading: Spring quotes
Short Nature quotes
- “Choose only one master—nature.” – Rembrandt
- “Leave the road, take the trails.” – Pythagoras
- “Men argue. Nature acts.” – Voltaire
- “The goal of life is living in agreement with nature.” – Zeno
- “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
- “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The earth is what we all have in common.” – Wendell Berry
- “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” – Short Nature quotes from Gary Snyder
- “Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time.” – Katrina Mayer
- “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” – Henri Matisse
- “Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child.” – Marie Curie.
- “The Amen of nature is always a flower.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Flower quotes to freshen your day.
“Land really is the best art.” – Andy Warhol.
The land is where everything starts. It is land where our crops grow and feed our human race. The land is where our mountains stand and bring to us precious forests. And it is the land where the home of the entire ecosystem that is every day enriching the world and life.
And yes, the land is the best art. Because from there, humans – we see, observe and learn. We learn about the world of nature and what it has inside. The land is art because the land is the source of variations and inspirations.
- “Nature is loved by what is best in us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.” – Winston Churchill
- “Nature is the art of God.” – Dante Alighieri’s short nature quote.
- “The poetry of the earth is never dead.” – John Keats
- “Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.” – Theodore Roethke
- “I just wish the world was twice as big and half of it was still unexplored.” – David Attenborough
- “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” – Aristotle
- “The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration.” – Claude Monet
- “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” – Isaac Newton
- “The ocean is a mighty harmonist.” – William Wordsworth
- “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Never, no, never did Nature say one thing and wisdom another.” – Edmund Burke
- “A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books.” – Walt Whitman
- “Between every two pines there is a doorway to a new world.” – John Muir
- “To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” – Carl Sagan
Beautiful Nature quotes
- “Nature’s beauty is a gift that cultivates appreciation and gratitude.” – Louie Schwartzberg
- “In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful. –Alice Walker
- “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” – John Burroughs
- “There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it.” – Charlotte Eriksson
- “I think nature’s imagination is so much greater than man’s, she’s never going to let us relax.” – Richard Feynman
- “To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.” – Jane Austen
- “Looking at beauty in the world is the first step of purifying the mind.” – Amit Ray
- “I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars.” – Walt Whitman
- “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” – Rachel Carson.
“The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Is there anything else that we can do, but to let it rain?
This nature quote has told us about the rule to be calm and happy. That is, accept things that we cannot control, and focus on what we can. And when it’s raining, a happy person would rather gaze at the falling raindrops and enjoy the rhythm of the rain.
Even if you are a rain lover or not, it is better to respect the law of nature and let it rain!
- “Life sucks a lot less when you add mountain air, a campfire, and some peace and quiet.” – Brooke Hampton
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Those who find beauty in all of nature will find themselves at one with the secrets of life itself.” – L. Wolfe Gilbert
- “The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.” – E. E. Cummings
- “Some of nature’s most exquisite handiwork is on a miniature scale, as anyone knows who has applied a magnifying glass to a snowflake.” – Rachel Carson
- “Let us permit nature to have her way. She understands her business better than we do.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “The beauty of the natural world lies in the details.” – Natalie Angier
- “My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” – Gerard De Nerval.
“Everything in nature invites us constantly to be what we are.” – Gretel Ehrlich.
This thoughtful quote of Gretel Ehrlich reminds us once again, about our origin. Sometimes, when we got lost in the daily grind, we get isolated from our self and our soul. That is where the pains begin.
In times like such, the best thing to do is to get lost in nature. Because by immersing in the wilderness of nature, we see where we stand. Only when we know where we are, can we figure out where to head to and how can we get there.
- “Man’s heart away from nature becomes hard.” – Standing Bear
- “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “If you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand.” – Buddha
- “Everything in nature is lyrical in its ideal essence, tragic in its fate, and comic in its existence.” – George Santanaya.
- “Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms you would never see the true beauty of their carvings.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- “Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” – John Ruskin
- “If we surrendered to earth’s intelligence we could rise up rooted, like trees.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
- “The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its roots in earth and manure.” – D. H. Lawrence
- “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” – John Lubbock
Nature love quotes
- “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
- “Although we say mountains belong to the country, actually, they belong to those that love them.” – Dogen
- “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” – Joseph Campbell.
- “It is said that the forest has a certain limit if you look straight ahead, but the sides are boundless.” – Riccardo Bozzi
- “If you can’t be in awe of Mother Nature, there’s something wrong with you.” – Alex Trebek
- “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” – Jimmy Carter
- “If one way be better than another, that you may be sure is nature’s way.” – Aristotle
- “Going to the mountains is like going home.” – John Muir
- “Love the world as your own self; then you can truly care for all things.” – Lao Tzu
- “To me, a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” – Helen Keller
- “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Khalil Gibran
- “We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” – Native American proverb
- “There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature-the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” – Rachel Carson
- “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men’s hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “For most of history, man has had to fight nature to survive; in this century he is beginning to realize that, in order to survive, he must protect it.” – Jacques-Yves Cousteau
- “The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.” – Galileo Galilei
- “To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee, One clover, and a bee, And revery. The revery alone will do, If bees are few.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.” – John Burroughs
Conclusion quotes about Nature
After fully acknowledging the beauty of nature, will you appreciate the chances to immerse yourself in nature? Go somewhere where you can lose yourself in nature. Explore the tranquility you may need, we introspect into the zone where you can find and hold yourself.
Or, if you are looking for an adventure, you may also need to read short travel quotes to call your adventure spirit back alive.
Nature quotes are always an escape for those who are lost in the busyness of life. It makes us adjust our focus back to what is important and re-balance our life. So, find the quote you need and make your life great again!
- “The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble.” – Blaise Pascal
- “Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.” – Henry van Dyke
- “The world is not to be put in order. The world is ordered. It is for us to put ourselves in unison with this order.” – Henry Miller
- “Nature is just enough, but men and women must comprehend and accept her suggestions.” – Antoinette Brown Blackwell
- “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” – Steve Maraboldi
- “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” – Sylvia Plath
- “The earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Nature is an infinite sphere of which the center is everywhere and the circumference nowhere.” – Blaise Pascal
- “Yosemite Valley, to me, is always a sunrise, a glitter of green and golden wonder in a vast edifice of stone and space.” – Ansel Adams
- “We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.” – Albert Einstein quotes.
- “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen.