Does food only mean what we eat every day? Food quotes say no; you have to care more about food than just what the next meal is.
Eating and cooking have evolved to become a culture. What and how you eat show affects your health, shows your present and can predict your future.
That is why food is very important to our well-being. Food quotes contain lots of wisdom and advice about food. They will help you appreciate and have a healthier attitude towards food.
Food Quotes with images
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” – Adelle Davis
“Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.” – Bethenny Frankel
“Food, to me, is always about cooking and eating with those you love and care for.” – David Chang
“I get way too much happiness from good food.” – Elizabeth Olsen
“When a man’s stomach is full it makes no difference whether he is rich or poor.” – Euripides
“So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being.” – Franz Kafka
“Food is not just eating energy. It’s an experience.” – Guy Fieri talked about Food.
“Food is not rational. Food is culture, habit, craving and identity.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
“First we eat, then we do everything else.” – M.F.K. Fisher
“One cannot think well, love well and sleep well if one has not dined well.” – Virginia Woolf
As you know, food is crucial to our existence. Without it, human cannot survive.
Moreover, food can provide energy and bring happiness. It is a basic need, but it is also a source of fulfillment and a means of social connection.
Sometimes, you can find the meaning of life in many food quotes. Happiness can be as simple as having good food and enjoying it.
Food quotes also advise us to have a healthy diet, to ensure your body is in a good state and you have longevity.
They are all common knowledge that we may forget in daily life. However, we can remember well when they are phrased wisely in short quotes.
Short Quotes about Food
- “He who eats alone chokes alone.” – Arabian Proverb.
- “Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” – Alan D. Wolfelt.
- “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” – Ernestine Ulmer’s food quotes.
- “Food is an important part of a balanced diet.” – Fran Lebowitz.
- “Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.” – G. K. Chesterton.
- “Great food is like great sex. The more you have the more you want.” – Gael Greene.
- “Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are.” – Anthelme Brillat-Savarin.
- “Food is our common ground, a universal experience.” – James Beard.
- “One should eat to live, not live to eat.” – Moliere.
- “I am a better person when I have less on my plate.” – Elizabeth Gilbert.
- “Patience is the secret to good food.” – Gail Simmons.
- “The most dangerous food is the wedding cake.” – James Thurber.
- “For me, the good food starts with a good product.” – Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
- “To eat is to appropriate by destruction.” – Jean-Paul Sartre.
- “Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul.” – Dorothy Day.
- “Good food ends with good talk.” – Geoffrey Neighor.
- “You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.” – Paul Prudhomme.
- “People will travel anywhere for good food – it’s crazy.” – Rene Redzepi.
- “Never eat more than you can lift.” – Miss Piggy.
- “I think about food literally all day every day. It’s a thing.” – Taylor Swift.
- “Everyone would be healthier if they didn’t eat junk food.” – Robert Atkins.
- “Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.” – Jo Brand.
- “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates.
- “Rice is born in water and must die in wine.” – Italian Proverb.
- “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Food Quotes of Famous people
- “Eating is always a decision, nobody forces your hand to pick up food and put it into your mouth.” – Albert Ellis.
- “Food is everything we are. It’s an extension of nationalist feeling, ethnic feeling, your personal history, your province, your region, your tribe, your grandma. It’s inseparable from those from the get-go.” – Anthony Bourdain.
- “Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.” – Audrey Hepburn.
- “Food is like sex: When you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look good.” – Beth McCollister.
- “I love food. I’m a big food person. I’m really passionate about eating good food all the time.” – Dreama Walker.
- “If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him – the people who give you their food give you their heart.” – Cesar Chavez.
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz.
- “When you don’t have food in your life, just for a day, it makes you realize you’re lucky to have it the next day. So the day after fasting, the music that comes out will be very joyous.” – Chris Martin.
- “There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.” – Chris Rock.
- “No man is lonely eating spaghetti; it requires so much attention.” – Christopher Morley.
- “We don’t get fat because we overeat; we overeat because we’re getting fat.” – Gary Taubes.
- “By eating many fruits and vegetables in place of fast food and junk food, people could avoid obesity.” – David H. Murdock.
- “We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” – David Mamet.
- “Food is for eating, and good food is to be enjoyed… I think food is, actually, very beautiful in itself.” – Food quote from Delia Smith.
- “Food is art and science. So, you take something out, you have to work with the recipe to make sure that you’re providing delicious food with cleaner labels.” – Denise Morrison.