Sunflower is an amazing plant that inspires many artists and famous people. Sunflower quotes use some special features to refer to beauty and meaning in life.
Sunflowers, just like us, always need sunshine to grow and bloom. Once they bloom, they do it gloriously.
Sunflowers can bring warm feelings to our hearts. Additionally, they are such a happy flower to look at to raise our mood.
Let’s enjoy the following collection of the most meaningful and inspirational sunflower quotes.
Sunflower Quotes and Sayings with images
“Her heart bloomed sunflowers so she would always face the light” – Gemma Troy.
“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do.” – Helen Keller.
Life has its own bright side as well as shadow. There are bad things that can bring negativity or misguide our way.
Sunflower quotes advise us to learn from this amazing plant, always turning to the good things. By facing the sources of light, we will not see and be affected by the shadow anymore.
“Never look directly at the sun. Instead, look at the sunflower.” – Vera Nazarian’s quotes.
The Sun is very bright and can hurt our eyes if we look at it. It is too bright and dangerous for us to enjoy its beauty and glory.
The sunflowers, in contrast, bring this beauty to our world in a more enjoyable way. So instead of looking at the Sun, we can look at the sunflowers and get happiness from that.
“Her smile put the sunflower to shame.” – Jerry Spinelli’s Sunflower quotes.
There are many ways to describe and admire a smile. One of them is to compare a smile to a sunflower.
By doing that, we can instantly feel how big, warm and energetic this smile is. A woman smiling beautifully and confidently can outshine any blooming sunflower.
“A wise quote can only change a wise man! Therefore, wise sayings are for the wise men, not for the fools! The sunflowers turn their face toward the Sun, the fools, toward the darkness!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan.
The sunflowers always turn to the Sun, just like we turn to good things in life.
In this case, the Sun represents life, hope and wisdom.
Wise men will choose to follow good guides and the right things, just like what sunflowers do during their whole life.
Only the fools will choose to follow the bad sides and look at life’s shadow.
“If I were a flower, I would be a sunflower. To always follow the sun, turn my back to darkness, Stand proud, tall and straight even with my head full of seeds.”
Sunflowers are a beautiful and happy kind of flower. Following the Sun, they absorb the energy, bloom in pride, and never know the darkness.
In the meantime, they also contain all their seeds in their heads, ready to be blown away and create a new life.
Those are the reasons why many poets choose sunflowers as the plant they want to be like.
“All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like women too.” – Miranda Kerr.
It is easy for a woman to get jealous of other women. But sunflower quotes teach us to know that every flower has its own beauty and its own way to show that beauty.
By thinking carefully about it, we will realize that we need to look at our own good sides, instead of the others. Just like flowers, each woman has her own beauty too.
Looking for some more similar nice quotes? Check out these Flower quotes to freshen your day with joy and happiness.
Sunflower quotes short
- “I want to be like a sunflower; so that even on the darkest days I will stand tall and find the sunlight.”
- “Make it like a sunflower.” – Steve Jobs quotes about Sunflower.
- “Restless sunflower; cease to move.” – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- “And the yellow sunflower by the brook, in autumn beauty stood.” – William Cullen Bryant.
- “The sunflower is mine, in a way.” – Short sunflower quote from Vincent Van Gogh.
- “Attention shifted to him like sunflowers turning to the sun.” – Khaled Hosseini.
- “The sunflower is a favorite emblem of constancy” – Thomas Bulfinch
- “Space for the sunflower, bright with a yellow glow, To court the sky.”
- “The road to freedom is bordered with sunflowers.” – Martin Firrell
- “Which way will the sunflower turn surrounded by millions of suns?” – Allen Ginsberg.
“We’re all golden sunflowers inside.” – A short sunflower quote from Allen Ginsberg.
When thinking about us as human beings, we may realize that we have many similarities with sunflowers.
After all, what we want is the same: power, hope, and happiness. No matter what we have been through, we will also know how to keep living once we realize this truth.
Also check out our collection of Best Nature Quotes with images. Be sure to read that as well.
- “Big doesn’t necessarily mean better. Sunflowers aren’t better than violets.” – Edna Ferber
- “Every friend is to the other a sun, and a sunflower also. He attracts and follows.” – Jean-Paul.
- “Because a rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose.” – Miranda Kerr
- “There are not too many fables about man’s misuse of sunflower seeds.” – Richard Brautigan’s Sunflower quotes short.
- “Does she realize she looks like a sunflower, ready to rain sunlight on all who look down upon her?” – Simone Elkeles
Sunflower Quotes for her
- “Ah, sunflower, weary of time, Who countest the steps of the sun, Seeking after that sweet golden clime Where the traveler’s journey is done; Where the youth pined away with desire And the pale virgin shrouded in snow Arise from their graves, and aspire Where my sunflower wishes to go.” – William Blake.
- “Fame is the scentless sunflower, with gaudy crown of gold; But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “I am working with the enthusiasm of a man from Marseilles eating bouillabaisse, which shouldn’t come as a surprise to you because I am busy painting huge sunflowers. ” – Vincent van Gogh’s Sunflower quotes for her.
- “Who knows what may lie around the next corner? There may be a window somewhere ahead. It may look out on a field of sunflowers.” – Joe Hill.
- “Pick up a sunflower and count the florets running into its center, or count the spiral scales of a pine cone or a pineapple, running from its bottom-up its sides to the top, and you will find an extraordinary truth: recurring numbers, ratios, and proportions.” – Charles Jencks.
- “I chose a sunflower because when darkness descends they close up to regenerate. But I really wish I’d never had the tattoo in the first place. Clean, clear skin is always better.” – Sunflower quote for her from Halle Berry.
“I can’t feel bad about being who I am, just like the girl next to me can’t feel bad about being who she is. Because a rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose.” – Miranda Kerr
One of the most common feelings among us is that we are not confident about who we are.
We try to put make up on, possess as many things as possible because we think we are not good enough.
But no matter what, a sunflower cannot become a rose. We need to find our own beauty and live with our true selves most gloriously, just like sunflowers.
- “I want to encourage women to embrace their own uniqueness. Because just like a rose is beautiful, so is a sunflower, so is a peony. I mean, all flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like women too.” – Quote about Sunflower from Miranda Kerr.
- “Like wildflowers, you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would.” – Lorde
- “In the morning the sunflower blossoms due to the sun’s rays. This morning I just wanted to remind you that my heart blossoms with love for you every day I wake up and it is going to do that forever.” – Sheila Carey.
- “I faced the gaudy sunflower on her canvas bag — it looked hand-painted and at last my eyes fell into hers. I said, ‘Thanks for the card.’ Her smile put the sunflower to shame. She walked off. ” – Jerry Spinelli.
- “When van Gogh paints sunflowers, he reveals, or achieves, the vivid relation between himself, as man, and the sunflower, as sunflower, at that quick moment of time. His painting does not represent the sunflower itself. We shall never know what the sunflower itself is. And the camera will visualize the sunflower far more perfectly than van Gogh can.” – D. H. Lawrence.
Sunflower inspirational quotes
“True friends are like bright sunflowers that never fade away, even over distance and time. ” – Marie Williams Johnstone.
Sunflower quotes usually use sunflowers to refer to the best thing in life. In this case, sunflowers are compared to friendship, as they both bring happiness to one’s world.
No matter the distance and time separating us, true friends will always remember and help each other.
- “Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.” – James Matthew Barrie
- “Sunflowers are like people to me.” – Joan Mitchell’s caption on Instagram.
- “Then one by one they raised their faces to the sky. ‘Like a field of sunflowers.” – Fiona Valpy
- “Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.”– Luther Burbank
- “Turn your face to the sun, and shadows follow behind you.” – Good inspirational sayings.
- “A sunflower field is like a sky with a thousand suns.” – Corina Abdulahm-Negura
- “Don’t let the tall weeds cast a shadow on the beautiful flowers in your garden.”– Steve Maraboli
- “Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men and animals. Some seem to smile; some have a sad expression; some are pensive and diffident; others again are plain, honest and upright, like the broad-faced sunflower and the hollyhock.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
- “I remember my first role as a sunflower at nine.” – Kay Kay Menon.
“The morning glories and the sunflowers turn naturally toward the light, but we have to be taught, it seems.” – Richard Rohr.
Sunflowers, obeying their nature, naturally turn toward the sunshine or other source of light. As simple as that, they can take in the energy and other good things light brings.
In contrast, we as human beings seem to stay far from that nature. That is why we should learn to distinguish the good and the bad, the right and the wrong to walk in the right way.
- “Bring me then the plant that points to those bright Lucidites swirling up from the earth, and life itself exhaling that central breath! Bring me the sunflower crazed with the love of light.” – Eugenio Montale
- “A sunflower teaches us so much about love.” – Samrah Ahmad
- “Look at the sunny side of everything.”– Christian D. Larsen
- “Tomorrow it may rain, so I’ll follow the sun.” – The Beatles’ inspirational quote.
- “What a lonely place it would be to have a world without a wildflower.” – Roland R. Kemler
- “Be like a flower and turn your face to the sun.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.” – Old French inspire Proverb.
- “I think it’s something to do with the nurturing side of the psyche; tying up a sunflower or whatever and helping it grow, it is just some kind of core human experience.” – Joe Lycett
- “I am painting with the same enthusiasm as a Marseillaise eats bouillabaisse … I am painting big sunflowers.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Light-enchanted sunflower, thou Who gazest ever true and tender On the sun’s revolving splendor.” – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- “Despite knowing they won’t be here for long, they still choose to live their brightest lives — sunflowers.” – Rupi Kaur.
Happy Sunflower Quotes to freshen your day
- “Smile to the world and smile to the people you love, like a sunflower smiles at the sun. Have a beautiful and happy day!”– Remez Sasson
- “Always look at the brighter side of life, just like the sunflower, which looks upon the sun, not the dark clouds.”
- “A long time ago in a kingdom by the sea there lived a princess as tall and bright as a sunflower.”–Jeanne Desy
- “If roses tried to be sunflowers, they would lose their beauty; and if sunflowers tried to be roses, they would lose their strength.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
- “She is a sunflower! She brings hope to people.” – A short quote of Avijeet Das.
- “Open the bloom of your heart and become a gift of beauty to the world.”– Bryant McGill
- “Mom has a massive sunflower for a soul so big there’s hardly any room in her for organs.” ―Jandy Nelson
- “A sunflower poem: The lofty follower of the sun, Sad when he sets, shuts up her yellow leaves, Drooping all night; and when he warm returns. Points her enamored bosom to his ray.” – James Thomson
- “Let us dance in the sun, wearing wildflowers in our hair.” – A happy saying of Susan Polis Schutz.
“We’re all golden sunflowers inside.” – Allen Ginsberg.
- “The head of all flower heads is one flower; the sunflower in the sky, that gives the others vivid color stemming from the inside.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.”– Frances Hodgson Burnett
- “Yellow is my favorite summer color – it makes me feel like a sunflower.”–Bria Vinaite
- “Which makes it ironic my favorite flower isn’t even indigenous to the British Isles, let alone Yorkshire. I don’t think there’s anything on this planet that more trumpets life than the sunflower. For me, that’s because of the reason behind its name. Not because it looks like the sun but because it follows the sun. During the course of the day, the head tracks the journey of the sun across the sky. A satellite dish for sunshine. Wherever light is, no matter how weak, these flowers will find it. And that’s such an admirable thing. And such a lesson in life.” – Tim Firth
- “Stand tall and face the sun.”
Love Sunflower quotes
- “You look beautiful as a sunflower and charming as a rose.” – Avijeet Das.
- “Let a hundred flowers bloom.” – Mao Zedong
- “Sunflowers end up facing the sun, but they go through a lot of dirt to find their way there.” ― J.R. Rim
- “The earth paints a portrait of the sun at dawn with sunflowers in bloom. Unhappy with the portrait, she erases it and paints it again and again.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “Every flower must grow through dirt.”– Laurie Jean Sennott
- “A flower does not use words to announce its arrival to the world; it justs blooms.”– Matshona Dhliwayo.
“And here the sunflower of the spring burns bright in the morning’s beam.” – Ebenezer Elliott.
- “My will broke at the sound of his voice, and my head turned with as much inevitability as a sunflower turning its face to the sun.” – Patricia Briggs
- “A flower blooming in the desert proves to the world that adversity, no matter how great, can be overcome.”– Matshona Dhliwayo
- “My work is the world. Here the sunflowers, there the hummingbird – equal seekers of sweetness. Here the quickening yeast; there the blue plums.” – Mary Oliver
- “Wherever the sun goes / The sunflower will follow / Through all of the pain / And all of the sorrow.” – Londrelle.
- “Like a single sunbeam on a warm summer day, there is an exuberance and brilliance in a sunflower.”
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson.
- “The flower that follows the sun does so even in cloudy days.”– Robert Leighton
- “Every flower blooms at a different pace.” – short caption for Instagram.
- “So, I’m off to the market to buy a few sunflowers to place in a vase on my kitchen table. Have a beautiful and happy day!”— Olivia Dunn
- “Sunflowers in spring, they’re just like you / Sunflower wipe away your tears / All your doubts and fears / You were born to fly, so high.”– Alice Peacock.
Learn from sunflowers, follow the Sun and show off your own beauty.
Sunflowers are special in the sense that they turn their heads directly to the Sun. They absorb the light and all they need and live a life of pride.
We can learn a lot by observing this wonderful plant and referring to our own world. Therefore, sunflower quotes are beautiful, positive, and inspiring.
They can be used in many cases, whether to remind ourselves, decorate our notebooks or give to others. Learning from them is learning to follow a happy, confident, and right way of living.
Looking for some more similar quotes? Check out these Rose quotes and Tulip quotes to bring beauty and vitality to your day.