Sunflower is an amazing plant that inspires many artists and famous people. Sunflower quotes use some special features to refer to beauty and meaning in life.
Sunflowers, just like us, always need sunshine to grow and bloom. Once they bloom, they do it gloriously.
Sunflowers can bring warm feelings to our hearts. Additionally, they are such a happy flower to look at to raise our mood.
Let’s enjoy the following collection of the most meaningful and inspirational sunflower quotes.
Sunflower Quotes and Sayings with images
“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do.” – Helen Keller.
Life has its own bright side as well as the shadow. There are bad things that can bring negativity or misguide our way.
Sunflower quotes advise us to learn from this amazing plant, always turning to the good things. By facing the sources of light, we will not see and be affected by the shadow anymore.
“Never look directly at the sun. Instead, look at the sunflower.” – Vera Nazarian’s quotes.
The Sun is very bright and can hurt our eyes if we look at it. It is too bright and dangerous for us to enjoy its beauty and glory.
The sunflowers, in contrast, bring this beauty to our world in a more enjoyable way. So instead of looking at the Sun, we can look at the sunflowers and get happiness from that.
“Her smile put the sunflower to shame.” – Jerry Spinelli’s Sunflower quotes.
There are many ways to describe and admire a smile. One of them is to compare a smile to a sunflower.
By doing that, we can instantly feel how big, warm and energetic this smile is. A woman smiling beautifully and confidently can outshine any blooming sunflower.
“A wise quote can only change a wise man! Therefore, wise sayings are for the wise men, not for the fools! The sunflowers turn their face toward the Sun, the fools, toward the darkness!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan.
The sunflowers always turn to the Sun, just like we turn to good things in life.
In this case, the Sun represents life, hope and wisdom.
Wise men will choose to follow good guides and right things, just like what sunflowers do during their whole life.
Only the fools will choose to follow the bad sides and look at life’s shadow.
“All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like women too.” – Miranda Kerr.
It is easy for a woman to get jealous of other women. But sunflower quotes teach us to know that every flower has its own beauty and its own way to show that beauty.
By thinking carefully about it, we will realize that we need to look at our own good sides, instead of the others. Just like flowers, each woman has her own beauty too.
“I can’t feel bad about being who I am, just like the girl next to me can’t feel bad about being who she is. Because a rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose.” – Miranda Kerr
One of the most common feeling among us is that we are not confident about who we are.
We try to put make up on, possess as many things as possible because we think we are not good enough.
But no matter what, a sunflower cannot become a rose. We need to find our own beauty and live with our true self in the most glorious way, just like sunflowers.
“If I were a flower, I would be a sunflower. To always follow the sun, turn my back to darkness, Stand proud, tall and straight even with my head full of seeds.”
Sunflowers are a beautiful and happy kind of flowers. Following the Sun, they absorb the energy, bloom in pride, and never know the darkness.
In the meantime, they also contain all their seeds in the heads, ready to be blown away and create a new life.
Those are the reasons why many poets choose sunflowers as the plant they want to be like.
“True friends are like bright sunflowers that never fade away, even over distance and time. ” – Marie Williams Johnstone.
Sunflower quotes usually use sunflowers to refer to the best thing in life. In this case, sunflowers are compared to friendship, as they both bring happiness to one’s world.
No matter the distance and time separating us, true friends will always remember and help each other.
Sunflower quotes short
- “I want to be like a sunflower; so that even on the darkest days I will stand tall and find the sunlight.”
- “Make it like a sunflower.” – Steve Jobs quotes about Sunflower.
- “Restless sunflower; cease to move.” – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- “And the yellow sunflower by the brook, in autumn beauty stood.” – William Cullen Bryant.
- “The sunflower is mine, in a way.” – Vincent Van Gogh.
- “Attention shifted to him like sunflowers turning to the sun.” – Khaled Hosseini.
- “The sunflower is a favorite emblem of constancy” – Thomas Bulfinch
- “Space for the sunflower, bright with a yellow glow, To court the sky.”
- “The road to freedom is bordered with sunflowers.” – Martin Firrell
- “Which way will the sunflower turn surrounded by millions of suns?” – Allen Ginsberg.
“The morning glories and the sunflowers turn naturally toward the light, but we have to be taught, it seems.” – Richard Rohr.
Sunflowers, obeying their nature, naturally turn toward the sunshine or other source of light. As simple as that, they can take in the energy and other good things light brings.
In contrast, we as human beings seem to stay far from that nature. That is why we should learn to distinguish the good and the bad, the right and the wrong to walk in the right way.
- “Big doesn’t necessarily mean better. Sunflowers aren’t better than violets.” – Edna Ferber
- “Every friend is to the other a sun, and a sunflower also. He attracts and follows.” – Jean-Paul.
- “Because a rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose.” – Miranda Kerr
- “There are not too many fables about man’s misuse of sunflower seeds.” – Richard Brautigan’s Sunflower quotes.
- “Does she realize she looks like a sunflower, ready to rain sunlight on all who look down upon her?” – Simone Elkeles
Sunflower Quotes for her
- “Ah, sunflower, weary of time, Who countest the steps of the sun, Seeking after that sweet golden clime Where the traveler’s journey is done; Where the youth pined away with desire And the pale virgin shrouded in snow Arise from their graves, and aspire Where my sunflower wishes to go.” – William Blake.
- “Fame is the scentless sunflower, with gaudy crown of gold; But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “I am working with the enthusiasm of a man from Marseilles eating bouillabaisse, which shouldn’t come as a surprise to you because I am busy painting huge sunflowers. ” – Vincent van Gogh’s Sunflower quotes.
- “Who knows what may lie around the next corner? There may be a window somewhere ahead. It may look out on a field of sunflowers.” – Joe Hill.
- “Pick up a sunflower and count the florets running into its center, or count the spiral scales of a pine cone or a pineapple, running from its bottom-up its sides to the top, and you will find an extraordinary truth: recurring numbers, ratios, and proportions.” – Charles Jencks.
- “I chose a sunflower because when darkness descends they close up to regenerate. But I really wish I’d never had the tattoo in the first place. Clean, clear skin is always better.” – Halle Berry.
“We’re all golden sunflowers inside.” – Allen Ginsberg.
When thinking about us as human beings, we may realize that we have many similarities with sunflowers.
After all, what we want is the same: power, hope, and happiness. No matter what we have been through, once we realize this truth, we will also know how to keep living.
- “I want to encourage women to embrace their own uniqueness. Because just like a rose is beautiful, so is a sunflower, so is a peony. I mean, all flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like women too.” – Quote about Sunflower from Miranda Kerr.
- “Like wildflowers, you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would.” – Lorde
- “In the morning the sunflower blossoms due to the sun’s rays. This morning I just wanted to remind you that my heart blossoms with love for you every day I wake up and it is going to do that forever.” – Sheila Carey.
- “A rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose. All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like a woman too.”
- “I faced the gaudy sunflower on her canvas bag — it looked hand-painted and at last my eyes fell into hers. I said, ‘Thanks for the card.’ Her smile put the sunflower to shame. She walked off. ” – Jerry Spinelli.
- “When van Gogh paints sunflowers, he reveals, or achieves, the vivid relation between himself, as man, and the sunflower, as sunflower, at that quick moment of time. His painting does not represent the sunflower itself. We shall never know what the sunflower itself is. And the camera will visualize the sunflower far more perfectly than van Gogh can.” – D. H. Lawrence.
Learn from sunflowers, follow the Sun and show off your own beauty.
Sunflowers are special in the sense that they turn their heads directly to the Sun. They absorb the light and all they need and live a life of pride.
They can be used in many cases, whether to remind ourselves, decorate our notebooks or give to others. Learning from them is learning to follow a happy, confident, and right way of living.