With rustling wind and brilliant yellow sunlight call up the most emotional season of the year, this is autumn. It is also this quietness and romance that autumn brings out so many creative inspirations. So, don’t miss an opportunity to check out these inspirational fall quotes, from the most influential people.
Each of us finds our own joys in each season of the year. Fall usually reminds us of Halloween or Thanksgiving. It is the holidays associated with fall that give us all special memories. What memories do you recall when thinking about fall?
Best Fall Quotes
“Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” — Emily Bronte
“No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees, no fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds — November!” — Thomas Hood
“Life starts all over when it gets crisp in the fall” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
“No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” — John Donne, The Autumnal
- “Falling autumn leaves gave the air an amber hue as though seen through a jar of honey.” ― Paula Wall
- “Autumn is as joyful and sweet as an untimely end.” — Rémy de Gourmont
- “The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools.” — Henry Beston
- “The heart of fall must have broken here, and poured its treasure upon the leaves.” – Charlotte Bates.
- “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” — Jim Bishop
- “Autumn, the year’s last loveliest smile.“ – William Cullen Bryant
Inspirational Fall Quotes
“Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” — Jim Bishop
“Never let me lose what I have gained, and adorn the branches of your river with leaves of my estranged Autumn.” — Federico García Lorca
- “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Happiness is a hot drink on a cold day.”
- “I was drinking in the surroundings: air so crisp you could snap it with your fingers and greens in every lush shade imaginable offset by autumnal flashes of red and yellow.” — Wendy Delsol, Stork
- “Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves / We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!” — Humbert Wolfe
- “I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “The heat of autumn is different from the heat of summer. One ripens apples, the other turns them to cider.” — Jane Hirshfield, The Heat of Autumn
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” — L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
- “If you run, then allow those first few breaths on a cool Autumn day to FREEZE your lungs and do not just be alarmed, be ALIVE.” — Kyle Lake
- “The tints of autumn…a mighty flower garden blossoming under the spell of the enchanter, frost.” — John Greenleaf Whittier
Fall Love Quotes
“The heart of fall must have broken here, and poured its treasure upon the leaves.” – Charlotte Bates.
“Your heart, Bessie, is an autumn garage.” — J.D. Salinger, Franny and Zooey
- “Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn.” — Elizabeth Lawrence
- “Float down/Like autumn leaves/And hush now/Close your eyes/Before the sleep.” — Ed Sheeran
- “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” — Albert Camus
- “I notice that Autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.” Friedrich Nietzsche
- “And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened.” — Raquel Franco
- “If the leaves are changing, I feel poetry in the air.” — Laura Jaworski
- “Nostalgia – that’s the Autumn, / Dreaming through September / Just a million lovely things / I always will remember.” — Jacqueline Kennedy
- “Oh your sweet disposition/And my wide-eyed gaze/We’re singing in the car getting lost upstate/Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place/And I can picture it after all these days.” — Taylor Swift
- “Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few. September, November And these few precious days I’ll spend with you.” — Frank Sinatra
- “Let misty autumn be our part! / The twilight of the year is sweet: / Where shadow and the darkness meet / Our love, a twilight of the heart / Eludes a little time’s deceit.” — Ernest Dowson
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
- “Days decrease, / And autumn grows, autumn in everything.” — Robert Browning
- “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” — Emily Bronte
- “It was a beautiful bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.” — Diana Gabaldon, Outlander “I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.” — Lee Maynard
Good Morning Quotes for the Fall season
“Life never gives you a second chance. So, enjoy every bit of it. Why not start with this beautiful morning. Good morning!”
“Autumn wins you best by this its mute appeal to sympathy for its decay.” – Autumn quote by Robert Browning.
- “The heart of autumn must have broken here and poured its treasure upon the leaves.” – by Charlotte Bates.
- “If you want to gain health and beauty, you should wake up early. Good morning!”
- “I loved autumn, the season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.” – by Lee Maynard.
- “Good morning to you. May every step you make be filled with happiness, love, and peace.”
- “Life is full of uncertainties. But there will always be a sunrise after every sunset. Good morning!”
- “Each day is an opportunity to grow. I hope we make the most of it. Wishing you a very good morning.”
- “Good morning, baby. Having you by my side makes me very happy.”
See More: Good Morning Quotes.
Funny Fall Quotes
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” — Albert Camus
“Sweater weather is better together.”
- “The Autumn is old; The sere leaves are flying; He hath gather’d up gold, And now he is dying… Old age, begin sighing!” — Thomas Hood
- “It’s like going back to school. You know, autumn! Time for ‘Harry Potter’.” — Robbie Coltrane”Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” — Albert Camus “Autumn’s the mellow time.” — William Allingham
- “Autumn lingered on as if fond of its own perfection.” — Winston Graham, Ross Poldark
- “Why is summer mist romantic and autumn mist just sad?” — Dodie Smith “Autumn wins you best by this, its mute appeal to sympathy for its decay.” — Robert Browning
- “Finally, she mused that human existence is as brief as the life of autumn grass, so what was there to fear from taking chances with your life?” — Mo Yan, Red Sorghum
- “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” – Chad Sugg.
- “Fall is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits.” – Samuel Butler.
- “Around and around the house the leaves fall thick, but never fast, for they come circling down with a dead lightness that is somber and slow.” – Charles Dicken.
- “A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known fall too long.” – E. E. Cummings.
- “Wild is the music of the autumnal winds amongst the faded woods.” – William Wordsworth.
The charm of fall may lie in its slow and pleasant atmosphere. Not so beautiful as spring, not as lively as summer, and not so lonesome as winter. Everything around is less important than sitting down with a cup of tea and watch the golden sky. That’s the special moment we only find in fall.
In such moments, perhaps the sources of reflection and inspiration have also come knocking on the door of our souls. That is the unique thing that makes the beauty of fall. And these fall quotes are here to celebrate the beauty of the most romantic season of the year.