Nobody wants to be lonely and isolated. Our loneliness quotes will give you the serenity to deal with the harsh feelings of being lonely. Although being alone is an emotion that everybody has felt sometime in their life. But it is not necessary that being deserted or alone paves the way for you to stumble into gloominess.
Moreover, being lonely can make you crave meaningful relationships and bonds. Undoubtedly, loneliness is one of the most terrible feelings one can face. It creeps up on you silently and BAM! One day you realize you have no one to talk to or share your thoughts with.
Certainly, loneliness can sting you like a bee, but the best way to cope with your loneliness is to embrace it bravely. The day you start loving yourself, you wouldn’t need to ponder over any alone quotes. You can overcome loneliness simply by being your companion.
“Loneliness is sad, aloneness is blissful.” – Osho.
“Loneliness expresses the pain of being alone and solitude expresses the glory of being alone.” – Paul Tillich
“Lonely is not being alone, it’s the feeling that no one cares.”
“Loneliness is an emotion and being alone can be a choice”
- “Loneliness is never crueler than when it is felt in close propinquity with someone who has ceased to communicate.” – Germaine Greer
- “The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.” – Lois Lowry
- “No, I may not be physically alone. But mentally there is no one in sight.”
- “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.”
- “There’s nothing abnormal about loneliness.” – Paula Stokes
- “She was drowning but nobody saw her struggle.”
“Loneliness does not come from being alone, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to you.”
“Sometimes you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.”
- “Sometimes the worst place you can be is in your own head.”
- “You smile, but you wanna cry. You talk, but you wanna be quiet. You pretend like you’re happy but you aren’t.”
- “I’m falling apart right in front of your eyes but you don’t even see me.””
- “Hello, darkness, my old friend. I have to talk with you, again.”
- “Loneliness is such an omnipotent and painful threat to many persons that they have little conception of the positive values of solitude and even, at times, are frightened at the prospect of being alone. ” – Rollo May
- “When everything is lonely I can be my best friend.” – Conor Oberst
- “Nobody knows about the little meltdowns I have when I’m alone. They only know about the smiles and laughs I show them.”
- “I don’t know what it’s like to not have deep emotions, even when I feel nothing, I feel it completely.”
“Loneliness is not lack of company, loneliness is lack of purpose.” – Guillermo Maldonado
“That feeling when you’re not necessarily sad, but you just feel really empty.”
- “I want to sleep until I feel better.”
- “The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do”
- “Yes, there is joy, fulfillment and companionship—but the loneliness of the soul in its appalling self-consciousness is horrible and overpowering.” – Sylvia Plath
- “The trouble is not that I am single and likely to stay single, but that I am lonely and likely to stay lonely.”
- “The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.”
- “I’m lonely. And I’m lonely in some horribly deep way and for a flash of an instant, I can see just how lonely, and how deep this feeling runs. And it scares the shit out of me to be this lonely because it seems catastrophic.” – Augusten Burroughs
- “When you have nobody you can make a cup of tea for, when nobody needs you, that’s when I think life is over.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone.” – Mandy Hale
- “I am not alone because loneliness is always with me.”
- “People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don’t think that’s true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world.” – Kim Culbertson
- “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “It is better to be lonely than allow people who are not going anywhere keep you from your destiny” – Joel Osteen
- “Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me.” – Anne Hathaway
- “Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.” – Robert Tew
- “All great and precious things are lonely.” – John Steinbeck
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”
“You keep a lot to yourself because it’s difficult to find people who understand.”
- “Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life’s cruelest irony.” – Douglas Coupland
- “Music was my refuge. I could crawl into space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.” – Maya Angelou’s quote.
- “If you smile when you are alone then you really mean it.” – Andy Rooney
- “What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be” – Ellen Burstyn
- “If you are afraid of being lonely don’t try to be right.” – Jules Renard
- “If one’s different one’s bound to be lonely.” – Aldous Huxley
- “My inspirations are the woman, friendship, and loneliness.” – Enrique Iglesias
- “Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me. ” – Anne Hathaway
- “Our uniqueness makes us special, makes perception valuable – but it can also make us lonely. This loneliness is different from being ‘alone’: You can be lonely even surrounded by people. The feeling I’m talking about stems from the sense that we can never fully share the truth of who we are. I experienced this acutely at an early age.” – Amy Tan
Loneliness is a negative emotion that makes you feel disconnected from the world. Looking at the positive side, our loneliness quotes offer you the opportunity to connect with yourself. Loneliness can be a silent killer and fill you with emptiness.
Additionally, you might feel misunderstood and wish to have someone around. Escalating further can lead you to ugly situations like depression or self-inflicted harm. Talking optimistic, this melancholic pathway leads you to discover your inner strengths and bounce back. We hope our quotes made you feel better and if they did, don’t forget to share them with your loved ones.